[APG 2/3] Image outline in Panorama Editor layers mode  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
mediavets

[APG 2/3] Image outline in Panorama Editor layers mode

by mediavets » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:08 pm

I really, really miss the yellow outline shown for each image in layers mode that was displayed with APP/APG 2.x - see screenhot - but was lost with APP?APG 3.x.

If there were stitching problems it made it easy to identify the locations and links where I might look for CP detection problems in the overlapping areas.

When I complained about the loss some time back I was told (as I recall) that it was removed because it was too difficult to calculate for some of the new projections offered in APP/APG 3.x.

Fair enough, I suppose ... but could we please have it back for those projections for which it was available in APP/APG 2.x?

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi Andrew.
Not that easy even on the standard projection. This way we did it in v2 has been changed, that code has been totally recreated from scratch and the edges highlighting has been lost.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:48 pm

AlexandreJ wrote:Hi Andrew.
Not that easy even on the standard projection. This way we did it in v2 has been changed, that code has been totally recreated from scratch and the edges highlighting has been lost.

Does 'not that easy...' mean impossible?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

AlexandreJ
Kolor Team

by AlexandreJ » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:14 am

Not impossible Andrew, just complicated. The time that we would dedicate to add this back cannot be used for something else. I would say, this doesn't have a high priority yet compared to other feature request.

no avatar
Honey45

by Honey45 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:19 am

I appreciate your work, no doubt, its complicated and tough task.. Hope you completed your project now.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:58 am

AlexandreJ wrote:I would say, this doesn't have a high priority yet compared to other feature request.

Can´t agree here, Alexandre. I mean it´s an important feature for estimating positions when we move/rotate/resize images manually.
There sometimes are situations when heavy manual editing is needed - and here the clearly visible borders definitely help.
Especially regarding the missing option of a relieable detail-viewer when editing positions - as there is in PTGui . .

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:45 pm

not having this feature was definitley a showstopper for me on more than one pano I had to move the images...
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Autopano bug & discussion