[Win 7 x64 APG 3.0.6] Place photos close to the edget of a photo  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
HansKeesom

[Win 7 x64 APG 3.0.6] Place photos close to the edget of a photo

by HansKeesom » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:43 pm

When placing a marker close to the edge of a photo I often notice the active photo to jump to another photo.

So far I have only notice this at the right side of a photo.

This makes it impossible to place markers close to the (right) edge of a photo.

I did not notice this before so I think it was introduced in 3.0.6

No the distance from the border at which the problem happens increases when zooming in.

See picture below, the red markers are as close as I can get to the foot. I cannot place a marker on the foot. If I move to up-right the other photo will be activated.

btw, the foot is large enough to be marked at 45% but both at 45% and 215% the problem occurs.

To be honest, the markers are close enough to remove the foot, but that is not the point I am making here. The focus should not jump to another photo when I am not passing the edge of the current photo

Last edited by HansKeesom on Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

ThomasV
Kolor Team

by ThomasV » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:57 am

Hello Hans,

I am trying to reproduce this issue. I did the test on 3 distinct panos and I did not succeed yet.
Anything special in your settings ?
Did you try locking the selection when adding mask point (The new icon in the masking tool) ?
Are you able to add a mask point, and then move it close to the edge of the photo without focus change ?

Regards,
Thomas

no avatar
marzipano

by marzipano » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:37 pm

This seemed to be working OK in 3.0.6 when I just tried adding markers.

I seemed to be able to put red and green round all the edges same as before

Martin

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:51 pm

marzipano wrote:This seemed to be working OK in 3.0.6 when I just tried adding markers.

I seemed to be able to put red and green round all the edges same as before

Martin

Thanks. Sended the project to Thomas for testing.

I loaded the project on a different machine that still runs 3.0.5. the two red markers are very close to the edge.
The machine has the same GPU but different CPU.

On my normal workstation that runs APG 3.0.6 the problem is there when using the GPU. When I turn off the GPU option the problem is not there!

GPU in compatibility mode the problem is there.

So it has to do with the GPU-routines of 3.0.6.

Now curious to see what Thomas is finding.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

ThomasV
Kolor Team

by ThomasV » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Hello all,

Thanks for uploading the project. I have been looking at this issue today, and we found the root cause.
The issue comes from the optimization settings, you use '3rd order' distortion, and therefore the k3 parameter was optimized. But this parameter was badly handled in gpu rendering code, so the images do not appear at their true location.

It explains the differences between gpu and cpu modes, and also difference with quick preview.

Issue 2177 created and planned for 3.0.7.

If you need to work easier on your pano, optimize it using '2nd order' distortion.

Regards,
Thomas

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:11 pm

Confirmed, detecting with 2nd order does solve the problem. It is not enough to change it in the current .pano file but that is ok. Looking forward to 3.0.7.
Regards, Hans Keesom

Return to Autopano bug & discussion