apg 3.04 and 3.05, win 7, Error when importing the pictures  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
CerbCH

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

apg 3.04 and 3.05, win 7, Error when importing the pictures

by CerbCH » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:09 pm

I installed several new win 7 security updates to my notebook, the next time I started the auto pano giga, the following happened:

Now If I imported the pictures ( jpegs in my Case), the Programm crashed.

The next Time I loaded the programm, I had to renew the Registration of the programm.
I use the Giga Pan Epic Pro for my pictures, and therefore I use this integrated import module.

I will try to explain what I did and what happened:

1. I used the import wizard.
2. I clicked on the gigpan button.
3. I selected the images
4. I checked, If the settings of the shoot layout, shoot setup, Stack and detection options were right.
5. I klicked the finish button.
6. The programm closed and an error window appeared, of course I sent the error together with my email adress.

I uninstalled the Software, and did a new installation of it. I did all the points above another time , in the end I had the same results. I tried it a third time with the 3.05, you guessed it, the same procedure, the same result.

The Kolor crash reporter wrote: An unexpected error has occured during software execution, and we apologize for that.

no avatar
lumelix

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by lumelix » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Hi
Try to uninstall the security updates (system recovery).
If then APG runs ok again, install one after the other update to see which one is the bad one.
Regards
Martin

ThomasV
Kolor Team

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by ThomasV » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:19 pm

Hello CerbCH,

Thanks for taking the time to upload the reports. This crash is related to an open issue. From the description, it seems that the crash always appear in your tests. I would be very intersted in having more details about the gigapan config that you're using. Can you tell me :
- How many pictures do you load ?
- How many rows/columns do you set ?
- What is the shoot configuration ?
- Did you force 360 ?

Thanks,
Thomas