Page 1 of 1

[APG 3.0.5 Win7 x64] crash on completing import wizard for Papywizard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:00 pm
by gddxb
As per subject.

45x 16 bit TIFFs, each 470MB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 pm
by gkaefer
some more Infos could help to investigate...

like: the source of your papywizzard XML file (template creator, handwritten, papywizard directly, TC handcontroller for Merlin, TC handcontroller for panoneed, others?)
do the tiffs have EXIF data?
did you preprocess the tiffs in external program(s) before loading... (this can alter the EXIF data)
whcih Settings do you use for the papywizzard Import wizzard?
how much RAM do you have in your Win7 box? ( 45x470MB) it should be more than the sum of 21GB RAM. if you use less RAM than a pitfall can be where your first listed temp file Directory is located and if there is enough free space to hold this up to 21GB
I certainly missed some more Infos...

Georg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:05 pm
by gddxb
APG has been crashing all over the place, so I decided to do a clean install to see if that helped.

Source of the XML file is a VR Drive 2.
24GB RAM.

This is the error that I get on hitting the "finish" button in the GUI for importing the images:

"Critical Error
Error reading M:\Photo......
Error GFL: "GFL_ERROR_NO_MEMORY"
File: "M:\Photo...."

Then, partway though detection, another error:

"Critical Error
Error during detection
Error reading file
.\FindPanorama.cpp
"

Settings are showing roughly 19GB of RAM free.

There won't be any EXIF data in the TIFFs, since these images were shot with an IQ180 on a technical camera (ALPA), although of course the XML does have the focal length of the lens.

Regards,

Gerald.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:33 am
by gddxb
Bump.

Guys - something is clearly seriously wrong with APG at the moment. I can't use it at all until this is fixed. I have done MUCH larger panos than this one with no problems whatsoever in the past.

Is this being looked at?

Regards,

Gerald.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:59 am
by gddxb
Hi Martin -

Will you PLEASE stop telling me to do a search of the forum.

I have 24GB of RAM, terabytes of disk space, and a fresh clean installation of APG.

I've rendered 60 GP panos on this machine before.

This one works fine on my MacBook that only has 16GB of RAM and around 150GB of free disk space.

The problem is NOT with my PC.

Telling me to search the forum AGAIN is worse than telling me to RTFM.

I'm not a complete idiot. Here are the following categories of errors that a search for "GFL_ERROR_NO_MEMORY" throws up:

1. From 2010, when rendering - NOT RELEVANT.
2. From 2010, when stitching RAWs - NOT RELEVANT.
3. From 2010, when rendering bracketed images - NOT RELEVANT.
4. From 2010, on Windows XP - NOT RELEVANT.

etc etc etc.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:52 am
by gkaefer
sorry for dumb question:

you write you're using a VR Drive 2 head and the XML file created from...
... but you write apg is crashing on completion for papywizard Import wizard...

... why dont you use the Import wizard for the VR Drive 2 instead? the XML files are not equal...
Georg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:59 pm
by gddxb
gkaefer wrote:sorry for dumb question:

you write you're using a VR Drive 2 head and the XML file created from...
... but you write apg is crashing on completion for papywizard Import wizard...

... why dont you use the Import wizard for the VR Drive 2 instead? the XML files are not equal...
Georg

Because the import wizard for the VR Drive 2 isn't working at all right now. I just haven't got around to posting a bug report on it yet...

/edit
Also, just to add - I've tried to simply load the images without using the import wizard. Same problem.

Hopefully after the Easter break someone from Kolor will report back with some advice on how to proceed with this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:28 pm
by gddxb
lumelix wrote:
gddxb wrote:Will you PLEASE stop telling me to do a search of the forum.

Hi Gerald
I'm sorry for the well-intentioned advice.
I have pointed out again because you did not answer my first question!

At my other notes above you haven't responded also.
So no one in this forum has any idea what we should think about your problem.
If you like an answer only from kolor so PLEASE send them directly an e-mail.

What is now with CMYK ?
What about my other notes ?

Martin.

Perhaps if you took the time to read the post on this very forum, mere pixels above this one, titled "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!", you would gain a better understanding as to the purpose of this forum, and the rationale behind my posting in it.

There is clearly a bug in the Windows version of the software. I am reporting it. I have little interest in you advising me to read 3-4 year old threads, nor answering your questions, because - unless I'm mistaken - you're not actually in a position to fix the problem.

One last time.

I'm reporting a bug. The software can cope perfectly comfortably with these images on the same version number on a Mac. It doesn't work on a Windows machine with far superior specs. That to me indicates a problem with the software, and I'm perfectly happy to wait until after the Easter break for someone from Kolor to respond.

I am not going to waste any more of my time addressing your comments and suggestions. I need this software to either work with the files I throw at it; or know that it won't ever work; or know that maybe it will at some point in the future.

You can't help with answering those questions, and I will not compromise the quality of my input files in an attempt to work around the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:52 pm
by klausesser
gddxb wrote:
lumelix wrote:
gddxb wrote:Will you PLEASE stop telling me to do a search of the forum.

Hi Gerald
I'm sorry for the well-intentioned advice.
I have pointed out again because you did not answer my first question!

At my other notes above you haven't responded also.
So no one in this forum has any idea what we should think about your problem.
If you like an answer only from kolor so PLEASE send them directly an e-mail.

What is now with CMYK ?
What about my other notes ?

Martin.

Perhaps if you took the time to read the post on this very forum, mere pixels above this one, titled "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING!", you would gain a better understanding as to the purpose of this forum, and the rationale behind my posting in it.

There is clearly a bug in the Windows version of the software. I am reporting it. I have little interest in you advising me to read 3-4 year old threads, nor answering your questions, because - unless I'm mistaken - you're not actually in a position to fix the problem.

One last time.

I'm reporting a bug. The software can cope perfectly comfortably with these images on the same version number on a Mac. It doesn't work on a Windows machine with far superior specs. That to me indicates a problem with the software, and I'm perfectly happy to wait until after the Easter break for someone from Kolor to respond.

I am not going to waste any more of my time addressing your comments and suggestions. I need this software to either work with the files I throw at it; or know that it won't ever work; or know that maybe it will at some point in the future.

You can't help with answering those questions, and I will not compromise the quality of my input files in an attempt to work around the problem.

Calm down, please. No need to offend anybody or becoming arrogant.

The rason for this issue could be in the nature of Windows. Yes. I used sets of shots from a Leaf 80MPx digiback and it worked very well on my Mac. No problem after i processed them first in C1 and test-wise in Phocus.
Windows 7 had problems with the 16bit-files - i don´t know why because i at once switched back to the Mac.

So there might be an issue with APG on Win using large 16bit files.

But it also might be an issue wirth non-exif files of that somewhat exotic format.

Only Kolor will be able to give a profound answer.

But - as said - there´s no reason to be unfriendly to users meaning to help you.

best, Klaus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:39 am
by gddxb
klausesser wrote:Only Kolor will be able to give a profound answer.

As you say - and as I have repeatedly said - how about we just let Kolor address this bug that has been reported in the forum designed for reporting bugs TO KOLOR? Users who have nothing better to do than suggest reading through 3 or 4 year old threads should probably keep their thoughts to themselves, because it is NOT helpful, and I do not have any respect for people who waste my time.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your condescending lecturing is some kind of bizarre attempt at an ironic April Fools joke.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:58 am
by gkaefer
without the original Images and the XML file I think kolor will not reproduce your case.
so to save time, make a zip file and include all your orig Images and XML file(s) causing this Problem and add an txt file with description of your case, link to this thread etc.
and finally do ftp upload the huge zip file to kolors ftp Server.
( http://www.kolor.com/forum/t766-ftp-server?id=766 )

Georg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:48 am
by klausesser
gddxb wrote:I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that your condescending lecturing is some kind of bizarre attempt at an ironic April Fools joke.

No.

I just respect users at least *trying* to look for a clue.

I do not respect users who lack respect and bloat instead.

e.o.d.

Klaus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:52 pm
by ThomasV
Hello,

Thanks for reporting this bug.
As Georg said, it would good to have the xml file and 1 picture to reproduce the case.

Regards,
Thomas

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:51 am
by rolly1
hi all I am getting same or similar error messages as gddxb APG 3.0.5 windows 8 x64 had no problems 3.0.3 ,I only have amd dual core pc with 6 gig ram very slow but gets there in the end until 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 my very first large pano 204 x d800 12 bit raw files no problems 3.0.3 , no go 3.0.5 (never been on a forum before not sure if this will work ) cheers steve r

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:16 pm
by AlexandreJ
gkaefer wrote:sorry for dumb question:

you write you're using a VR Drive 2 head and the XML file created from...
... but you write apg is crashing on completion for papywizard Import wizard...

... why dont you use the Import wizard for the VR Drive 2 instead? the XML files are not equal...
Georg

There is a small different in HDR mode. The VRDrive2 does control the camera, so the hdr is totally controlled. The papywizard in standard mode cannot do that.
It explains why in VRDrive2, we have HDR output control : because we can rely on the input image as they were controlled by the VRDrive2.