[APG 3.0.4/3.0.5 Win 7x64] Bug with Gigapan Importer  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
Hellkeeper

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

[APG 3.0.4/3.0.5 Win 7x64] Bug with Gigapan Importer

by Hellkeeper » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:32 am

Hi,

found a nasty Bug in Gigapan Importer (repeatable). Whenever I load lot's of Source Images and the *row autodetection* doesn't guess the right amount of rows - and I have to manually set the rowcount - APG will freeze (still CPU usage - but no change for about 16 hours ... then I killed the process).
It only happens when the row count is getting "too low" - (hard to describe! ;-))

Example:
Import 3315 Pictures
Auto-detected Row-Count: 51
Correct Row-Count: 17

How to get APG hang: Click on the Row input Field - try to delete the 51 to enter correct row count - APG hangs
How to enter the correct Rows without freeze: don't delete anything in Row input field - instead append any number you want ... in this case I will add a 7 ... so row count is 517 ... and AFTERWARDS delete the 5 ... everything works perfect! :)

so problems only arrises when APG shortly got a small row count in the input field ...

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner
Gigapixel Panos from Austria: gpix.at

Hellkeeper

Topic author
Info

by Hellkeeper » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:35 am

Maybe you could add this little functionality: APG always tries to guess how many rows an image has ... often if works - often not.
One can enter the rowcount before loading the images - but APG always overwrites this value with the guessed value ... it would be cool it APG would accept the rowcount entered before importing the images as row count ...
(as the photographer should know best how many rows the image has! :)

Andreas
Gigapixel Panos from Austria: gpix.at

ThomasV
Kolor Team

Info

by ThomasV » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Issue 1842 opened.

Regards,
Thomas