Autopano Giga 3.0 Crashes on File Opening/ Saving  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
Mildoc

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Autopano Giga 3.0 Crashes on File Opening/ Saving

by Mildoc » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:12 pm

I just downloaded Autopano Giga 3.0 64bit. Anytime I try to open a file or save a project, the program quickly crashes. Kolor Tech Support said it was probably my Virus Protection. So I have gone through and did a minimal boot. It still is doing it.

Any ideas or any ideas how to setup a boot drive for just running AutoPano Giga? I have several shoots I want to do before I head back overseas and this is getting aggravating.

My system is:
Windows 7
64Bit
8GB Ram
500GB on 640GB drive empty

Thanks!
R

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:41 am

which graphic card?
driver most recent?
in any case try to disable gpu usage in apg settings. make also the gpu test.
you write you downloaded apg 3.0. if so, install 3.0.3.
make sure a temp directory is set in apg settings.

Georg

no avatar
Mildoc

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Mildoc » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:04 am

Georg,
The graphics card is an Intel and I upgraded the Device driver. I attempted those settings and it is still crashing.

I'm using version 3.0.3

Any other ideas?

Thank you very much for your help!
Rob

ThomasV
Kolor Team

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by ThomasV » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 am

Hello Rob,

We may continue the discussion on the forum if it can help solving the issue ;-)

From the crash data, it appears that the 'Folder/File operations' are failing because a McAffee Anti-Theft dll crashes. This dll is registered in the system for anti-virus functionality. To push the disagnostic further, there are 2 things that you can try:

1. Check the event logs
The event viewer is a buit-in tool that monitors the system to detect errors. It can help you find the faulty modules (should by McPvNs.dll if I am right).
Here is a description of what is the event viewer : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-Event-Viewer
and a description of what kind of information you can have : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

At crash time, you may find an error appearing in this tool. Any information that you can find may be useful for solving the issue.

2. Try a selective boost (Maybe you already tried it?)
a. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
b. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
c. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
d. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
e. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
f. Click OK.
g. When you are prompted, click Restart.

After the computer starts, check if the issue is fixed, then follow the steps mentioned in the following KB article to narrow down the exact source: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

I really hope that with this tool you will be able to narrow down the cause of the problem.

Regards,
Thomas