[APP 3.0 B1 Mac] GPU mode activated with old ATI card, but...  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
bouscram

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

[APP 3.0 B1 Mac] GPU mode activated with old ATI card, but...

by bouscram » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:55 am

(this is a follow-up to http://www.kolor.com/forum/t15639-app-3.0-a2-mac-gpu-mode-problem-with-old-ati-card where my comment about this seems to have been unnoticed)

With this version, I can activate the GPU mode without an error, and obviously APP thinks it is using it (the editor window grid shows the real size of the panorama, not the preview size), but everything is done in software (and naturally quite slowly).

Is this an intended fallback in APP, or is the system (10.7.5 as of today) or driver using software rendering for features not available in hardware ?

[edit : by the way, the ATI driver has changed version since 10.7.4, but the behavior is the same]
Last edited by bouscram on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
HansKeesom

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by HansKeesom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:21 am

AlexandreJ did notice as he answered "This bug is still open because of an ATI bug in mac drivers. I don't know if we can overcome this one."

If the behavior you describe is a fallback, I think it is smart one.

It is all about having OpenGL drivers for yout GPU and as far as possible OpenGL instruction support inside of your GPU. Kolor can't magicly create that if it is not there.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
bouscram

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by bouscram » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:57 am

Hi Hans. Alexandre's answer was to my original post for APP 3.0A2, before changes were introduced for APP 3.0B1 to overcome "old" drivers problems. At that time, I couldn't even activate the GPU option... ;-)