Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:38 pm 

Bonjour,

as the attached screenshot shows, no EXIF data is discovered for images taken with Canon EOS 7D with Canon EF 1:4.0/8-15 mm L USM Fisheye Zoom. The program exiftool clearly shows that all the needed information is in the files (16-bit TIFFs). Entering the values manually works, though.

All images were taken at 10 mm focal length with the 7Ds sensor crop factor of 1.6, so I would expect APG to detect at least effective 16 mm focal length (compared to 35 mm full frame).

BTW: Seems to work with JPEGs only but not with TIFFs :rolleyes:

Seeya,
too

Last edited by too on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 pm 

What program developed the raw files into TIFF? Can you upload a sample raw and TIFF file?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:23 pm 

DrSlony wrote:
What program developed the raw files into TIFF? Can you upload a sample raw and TIFF file?

[uli]RAW --> TIFF development: Corel AfterShotPro-1.1.0.30 (former "Bibble5Pro")[/uli]
[uli]Developed full size TIFFs are 16-bit uncompressed and over 100 MB in size.[/uli]

Attached image files:

[uli]RAW file from Canon 7D, taken with Canon EF 1:4.0/8-15mm L USM full frame fish eye at 10 mm focal length (16 mm @ full frame)[/uli]
[uli]TIFF file processed with AfterShotPro-1.1.0.30 at Ubuntu-12.04.1 LTS, 64-bit[/uli]
[uli]1600px version of former TIFF, generated by batch scripted ImageMagick tools. These are the smalll ones I use for rapid prototyping of panoramas for the web.[/uli]

The well known exiftool shows the same information in every file.

Seeya,
too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:08 pm 

and this option is disabled?
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 pm 

gkaefer wrote:
and this option is disabled?

Yes. I usually let everything "as default as possible". Though, since I suffer the lack of exif data from my TIFFs, I checked the upper setting ("... if no EXIF is found") and set the lens type to "fisheye" and the focal length to "16 mm" (35 mm equiv).

BTW, I tried to upload 3 files, a RAW, a full sized TIFF (> 100 MiB) and a 1600 px TIFF. Seems it did not work as the files don't show up here. Is there really an active file size limit of only 1563 KB as noted below?

I try it again with this post: One CR2 raw file and the derivated 1600px TIFF which I actually use to try pano things out.

Seeya,
too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:03 am 

Seems like big RAW and TIFF files are not being uploaded. Any idea how I may upload those files for diagnostics?

too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:22 am 

too wrote:
Seems like big RAW and TIFF files are not being uploaded. Any idea how I may upload those files for diagnostics?

too

free dropbox or co... and a link to the cloud in forumpost...

other think you can do: you wrote you did processed your raws... I expect you stil have the original raw files. try the same with the original unprocessed raw files. it would not be the first time that software A is changing/affecting EXIF so autopano does have issues with...

Georg