Bridge CS5 not showing .pano images  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
DSD

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Bridge CS5 not showing .pano images

by DSD » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:51 am

AGP 2.5, Bridge CS5 v 4.0.5.11, Windows 7 64-bit
I am now using the above configuration and only an icon displays instead of a thumbnail image for the .pano files. I have AGP 2.5 installed on another computer {Vista Home Prem, 32-bit, Bridge CS3 v 2.1.1.9} and .pano files are correctly displayed as thumbnail images. Is this an Adobe or Kolor problem and how can I get the thumbnails displayed like they should?
Digital camera and pano-gear: Nikon D200, Tokina 10-17mm fisheye & Manfrotto 303 SPH

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:18 pm

if you open a .pano file with normal text editor you will see its an textfile containing xml code. So I doubt CS5 will ever open this content and will display a pano image and I doubt kolor will see this as an kolor bug...
Georg

no avatar
DSD

Topic author
Info

by DSD » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:20 pm

Thank you for your timely response but I find it difficult to believe that a later version Adobe Bridge (CS5) does not display an image for .pano files when an earlier version (CS3) had no problems whatsoever? The only difference is that both programs, AGP and Bridge, are just later versions of the same programs - so something was accidentally or purposely changed in one/or both of the programs that now prohibits a thumbnail image to show in Bridge for .pano files. So if the thumbnails did display and now do not now... there should be some remedy to make it possible to display thumbnails again???
Digital camera and pano-gear: Nikon D200, Tokina 10-17mm fisheye & Manfrotto 303 SPH

Lionel Laissus
Kolor Team

Info

by Lionel Laissus » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:32 am

Have you installed APG 64bits ?
Does the explorer display the .pano files right ?

FYI: if you install APG 32bit (shell explorer extension is 32bit too) on win 64bits the .pano file won't work

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:03 pm

DSD wrote:Thank you for your timely response but I find it difficult to believe that a later version Adobe Bridge (CS5) does not display an image for .pano files when an earlier version (CS3) had no problems whatsoever? The only difference is that both programs, AGP and Bridge, are just later versions of the same programs - so something was accidentally or purposely changed in one/or both of the programs that now prohibits a thumbnail image to show in Bridge for .pano files. So if the thumbnails did display and now do not now... there should be some remedy to make it possible to display thumbnails again???

sorry. was not aware that plugins exist for lightroom, bridge etc. ;-)
Georg

no avatar
MartinFranz

Info

by MartinFranz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:53 pm

The same problem came up with my new computer.
I have now win 7 64-bit. So I loaded Giga 2.6.3 64-bit, but still use my old Bridge CS4. No more images of new created .pano-files in Bridge. Pano-files created earlier on my old computer still display images in Bridge. In the explorer there are images of all .pano files.

It looks like a limitation of Bridge CS4 in the new windows? Can this problem be solved somehow ?

Martin