Feature wish: ctrl+scroll to zoom in/out in editor and drag-panning  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
KreAture

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Feature wish: ctrl+scroll to zoom in/out in editor and drag-panning

by KreAture » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:13 am

I would very much like to see a ctrl+scroll to zoom in/out on the pano in editor-mode.
I find having to go to the +/- buttons on the bottom very annoying and unnecessary.

There was a mention about this in 2009 and it being incompatible with gpu mode, but I don't think it's fully related.
If we can click the +/- buttons I don't see why we can't trigger the same with the mouse scrollwheel.

Bonus would ofcource be a key-combo to allow dragging ourselfs around the pano too. Saving the bother of using the scroller-bars.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:51 am

KreAture wrote:I would very much like to see a ctrl+scroll to zoom in/out on the pano in editor-mode.
I find having to go to the +/- buttons on the bottom very annoying and unnecessary.

There was a mention about this in 2009 and it being incompatible with gpu mode, but I don't think it's fully related.
If we can click the +/- buttons I don't see why we can't trigger the same with the mouse scrollwheel.

Use Alt+scroll. Or Ctrl and +/- keys on numeric pad.

Bonus would ofcource be a key-combo to allow dragging ourselfs around the pano too. Saving the bother of using the scroller-bars.

Hold down the Spacebar and drag.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
KreAture

Topic author
Info

by KreAture » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:50 am

Hurray! It works!
But, it also toggles the shortcut-list for menu access which I ponder may not be intentional? (alt+f for file access, but alt..f does the same so do also alt+scrollwheel...f hehe.)

no avatar
GURL

Info

by GURL » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:28 pm

As not two applications I use are scrolling and zooming in the same way, my answer would be:
scroll = one finger :)
zoom = two fingers :) :)
Georges

no avatar
KreAture

Topic author
Info

by KreAture » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:18 pm

Actually, I think photoshop changed their zoom mode due to mac compatibility, so it's also using alt+scroll for zoom and space+mouse for pan.
That means APx and Photoshop uses same method.

There is however a bug making it not always register the alt-button. I think this is related to it toggling the alt-menu each time.
Suggest cancelling alt-menu selection if scroll is done. That will remove the issue.
Last edited by KreAture on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
CheeseAndJamSandwich

Info

by CheeseAndJamSandwich » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:26 pm

Can we have the option to enable mouse wheel zooming without Alt being held down?

Photoshop has this option ;)
Last edited by CheeseAndJamSandwich on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.