Column width bugs and feature request  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
DrSlony

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Column width bugs and feature request

by DrSlony » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:58 pm

1- I use the layers editor a lot, mostly in order to align images with no possible checkpoints (e.g. plain sky shots at a long focal length). This requires changing many yaw/pitch/roll values, as well as sorting images in various ways (by bracket, by stack, reset layers). AP keeps resetting the column widths I set quite often. It also does this in the CP Editor. Please make AP remember the column widths the user sets and not to mess with them again.

2- The default column width wastes screen space, it's unnecessarily wide.
Compare the default view where I had to stretch the layers panel to see all the columns (image 1 below) to the one where I resized the columns to fit the contents so I see much more of the panorama (image 2 below).
And I have to do that every time I open up a panorama. Annoying.

3- Another thing that can be optimized is removing the units symbols from individual column cells. We don't need to see "27.00mm" in every cell in the "Focal" column, you can add the "mm" to the column header "Focal [mm]" and just have "27.00" in each cell. Same for the "Aperture" and "Computer focal" columns. Another argument why you'd want to do this is consistency - you don't write the "s" unit in the "Speed" columns for instance, you don't write "1/500s", you just write "1/500". Same with the yaw/pitch/roll columns, you don't add the degree symbol to every value in every cell, so it's not consistent with writing "mm" in the other columns.

4- "CTRL" + "+" is used to auto-fit column widths to the content in Windows Explorer. A very useful thing which I wish more file managers on other operating systems had. Please add a similar shortcut for AP, to automatically resize the columns to fit the contents (not the column titles, just the contents!)

5- The empty space after the last column "Computed focal" takes up space. It shouldn't - it's empty. See the second screenshot below - there is nothing after "Computed focal" but still a horizontal scrollbar appears as if it couldn't fit something.

DrSlony

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by DrSlony » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:02 pm

6- Every time I change a value and hit enter, the panorama gets updated. This only takes 1-3 seconds when using GPU mode, but it gets annoying if you're editing 50-100 images. Annoying isn't the biggest problem though. The real problem is that if you try editing another value while the preview is updating, then sometimes AP will discard the change once the preview updates! So a feature, a button, to disable preview updates while editing these values would be great.