Overexposed render  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
pedrom

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Overexposed render

by pedrom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi,

I've been having an issue with rendering out HDR panoramas. Here is my process:

- import raw images and stack the brackets
- turn off colour correction
- stitch together
- render as Anti-ghost for best blending

When I look at the outputted .hdr image, it's always at maximum exposure. All the exposure information is in the final image as it should be, but It just default 8 - 10 stops too high. Where is the control for this? Is it a bug?

APG 3.7.1 on Linux CentOS 7

Cheers,
Ped

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 226 posts
Info

Re: Overexposed render

by Destiny » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi... APG is not so good for HDR...

I suggest you pre-process using Photomatix then use APG to stitch... Best option for your needs....

no avatar
marzipano

Liked in: 14 posts
Info

by marzipano » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:28 pm

I agree Photomatix is a better option but from the way you described your process it didn't sound as though you actually invoked APG Fusion at all

You have to click on the Fusion option on the ring menu (2 overlapping squares just right of colour/gamma control) then enable Fusion on the sub screen which appears and then select Exposure Fusion on the Render which should select by default

Apologies of you are already doing all this but it wasn;t obvious from your description !

best
Martin

no avatar
pedrom

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by pedrom » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:08 pm

marzipano wrote:I agree Photomatix is a better option but from the way you described your process it didn't sound as though you actually invoked APG Fusion at all...

Thanks for the advice on this. However, I am not wanting to modify the HDRI in this way. I am making the image as lighting information for CG application. The bracketing must stay as-shot - Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Fusion alter the pixels to get an evenly exposed image as the final result?

no avatar
Destiny

Liked in: 226 posts
Info

by Destiny » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:33 pm

In Photomatix, since you are using your HDR as True HDR for CGI, you will need to enable the correct HDR settings and export as 32bit TIFs or other formats which your software will allow.. In most cases with most workstations, you will not be able to view the images unless you convert to 16bit just to preview.. However, you should still be able to view the images as a 32bit within your CGI software such as Maya or a 3D rendering software etc..