AutoPanoGiga does not start - Win7  

This forum is dedicated to Autopano Pro / Giga bug reports and features discussion.
Please read the posting rules before starting a topic!
no avatar
LaurentToulouse

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

AutoPanoGiga does not start - Win7

by LaurentToulouse » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:39 pm

Hello,
To start AutoPanoGiga I need to right-click on the icon and Run as adminostrator! (Windows 7 64bits, 32 Gb RAM)
I have tried stopping Avast, same problem.
So in order to use APG from Bridge CS6 I had to go to Properties on the APG .exe file and check "Run as adminstrator".
Now it works from Bridge, but I have to answer to "Do you want to run this program etc." every time it starts :-(

Is there a solution to this bug? APP worked fine on the same computer one hour ago.

Regards,
Laurent.

olivierbo
Kolor Team

Liked in: 106 posts
Info

Re: AutoPanoGiga does not start - Win7

by olivierbo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Hello Laurent,

We've never been able to reproduce that issue, I'm sorry. Something changed on your system if it worked well before. A Windows update, driver update, a new software installation, ...?

I'm afraid I could not help you on that stuff, unfortunately.

Best,
Olivier

no avatar
LaurentToulouse

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Re: AutoPanoGiga does not start - Win7

by LaurentToulouse » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:27 pm

Hello Olivier,

NO, Autopano Giga did NOT worked before. This was my first install of Autopano giga.
It is Autopano Pro that worked, since many years.
I have changed nothing on my PC between my last run of Autopano Pro and my first run of Autopano giga, a few minutes later.

Before accusing Windows etc. you should debug your software.
It is a shame: I paid 100€ to upgrade to Autopano Giga just to be able to run it from Adobe Brigde.
Result: I have wasted time to find that I needed to check "Run as admin" in the .exe to be able to run it; and now each time I run APG I need to click OK to allow it to run!

Best regards,
Laurent.