Omni Importer/Omni Workflow  

Have a problem using the GoPro Omni Importer? Have you encountered a bug that needs fixing? Please post it here.
Des difficultés à utiliser le GoPro Omni Importer ? Avez-vous découvert un bug qui doit être fixé ? Postez les ici.
cgm4967

Topic author
Liked in: 1 post
Info

Omni Importer/Omni Workflow

by cgm4967 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi,

I just purchased the Omni and am trying to use the Omni Importer.

I shot 3 scenes yesterday over 6 cards. All of the files are on the cards...LRV, Mp4, THM for each scene I shot.

When I put the card reader in and click on Search On SD Cards I see "Fetching Data" at the bottom and it counts up to 26 percent and then says "No Spherical Shot Found" and comes back to the main screen. I am using Omni Importer 2.6 Beta 2 with a Windows 10 computer. I have 128 GIGS of memory on my system and I'm also running the latest versions of Panatour Pro 2.5, Autopano Giga 4.2, and Autopano VideoPro 2.6. I have also tried dumping the cards onto my hard drive under CAM1, CAM2, etc. with the DCIM hierarchy in tact and using the "Locate your footage" option. Using this method I don't even see the "fetching data" at the bottom of the screen working.

Can you explain the workflow? If I come in from a job and have shot 10 shots that are obviously spread out over the six cards...am I supposed to put the first card in and it downloads it into Omni Importer and then it waits for me to insert the second card and it takes in the second card's data then the third card an so on until it has all six cards ingested into the program with all 10 shots?

Or, am I supposed to have some type of USB card reader that has six slots so that Omni has access to all of the data at once?

After a while I just went in and grabbed the first shot from the six cards and dumped them into AVP and processed it like I used to and it worked fine...but I can do that with the cheap rig that I have had for a long time. I was sort of looking for something a little more spectacular or at lease more accurate and less time consuming after spending all the money I did for the Omni.

Please advise.

-Chris

StéphaneG
Kolor Team

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

Re: Omni Importer/Omni Workflow

by StéphaneG » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:49 am

Hi Chris,

if you want to read your footage from your SD Cards, you have to use a 6 slots USB card reader.

Tell me if you are still facing issues with Omni Importer,

Stéphane

no avatar
bgriffith2

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by bgriffith2 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:32 pm

I am having a similar issue. I have videos and panoramic photos captured, but when using the Omni Importer, it will only pick up the videos and none of the photos. I even tried a set of six memory cards just capturing photos on them with no video and it says "No Spherical Shots Found."

I have the all-inclusive kit and am using the 6-slot USB card reader that was included.

StéphaneG
Kolor Team

Liked in: 2 posts
Info

by StéphaneG » Thu May 11, 2017 9:21 pm

Hi,

I assume that you did not update Omni Firmware.
Please proceed to update following these guidance : https://gopro.com/help/articles/Questio ... re-Updates

Please also be sure to use Omni Importer 2.6.

Best regards,
Stéphane