Any way to use a sound Bit @ Hotspot  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Marv

Any way to use a sound Bit @ Hotspot

by Marv » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:57 am

Is there any way to use a sound bite file at a hot spot?

Thanks Marv.
Marv...

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:00 am

Marv wrote:Is there any way to use a sound bite file at a hot spot?

Thanks Marv.

If you mean can you configure a hot spot so that an audio file is played when you click on the hot spot - then the answer is yes. But IIRC you need to have a krpano licence if you are using Autopano Tour, or the Pro version of Panotour, to enable support for audio and video:

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Marv

by Marv » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks Andrew,

I bought basic (but no krpano licence)... AutoPano Giga, and AutoPano Tour (currently Beta 9). I plan to download the lastest Beta's today for both.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is "IIRC" ?
So, can I do this or not with what I have?

So, if I'm seeing your snapshot correctly (hard to read the fine detail)... Do I just add where the audio file is on my HD like I would for a custom Hotspot and APT does it's thing and Creates what ever it needs to do when I "Export", or do I need to put the audio file on my website and link to that?

What kind of audio file works best? (These will be short information bits about what the viewer is looking at i.e. Museum display.) (I'll have to post a link when I get it done... It's a pretty impressive Pano tour of a Mammoth Dig).

Thanks Marv.
Marv...

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

no avatar
Adrien F

by Adrien F » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Marv wrote:So, can I do this or not with what I have?

Yes
Marv wrote:Do I just add where the audio file is on my HD like I would for a custom Hotspot and APT does it's thing and Creates what ever it needs to do when I "Export"?

Basically, yes.

Marv wrote:do I need to put the audio file on my website and link to that?

When you upload you tour to the web after, be sure to copy the data folder associated. We copied all that is needed in it.
Marv wrote:What kind of audio file works best?

mp3. The only one we support at the moment.

no avatar
Marv

by Marv » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:17 pm

Great thanks, Adrien.

Marv.
Marv...

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:40 pm

Marv wrote:Thanks Andrew,

I bought basic (but no krpano licence)... AutoPano Giga, and AutoPano Tour (currently Beta 9). I plan to download the lastest Beta's today for both.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is "IIRC" ?

If I Recall Correctly - IIRC.
So, can I do this or not with what I have?

Adrien says, yes. But I think not.

I setup a system with a registered version of APT beta 11 but no krpano licence and I could not access the sound (or video) features, which is what I had expected.

So, if I'm seeing your snapshot correctly (hard to read the fine detail)...

As with any image attached to a forum post, you can click on the screenshot image to see it fullsize.
Do I just add where the audio file is on my HD like I would for a custom Hotspot and APT does it's thing and Creates what ever it needs to do when I "Export", or do I need to put the audio file on my website and link to that?

The best way to ensure that you have all the files you need to upload to your web server in one place is to create a new folder for each new exported APT tour. Then upload everything that APT generates in that folder.

Similarly to ensure that you have all source files in one place use the Extended-save-as feature to copy all source files to one folder so you can easily return to the tour to edit/extend it and so on.

What kind of audio file works best? (These will be short information bits about what the viewer is looking at i.e. Museum display.) (I'll have to post a link when I get it done... It's a pretty impressive Pano tour of a Mammoth Dig).
Thanks Marv.

MP3 is the only audio format supported at present, but you can also use FLV video.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Marv

by Marv » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:13 pm

Andrew:
Thanks for you thoughts,
I saw in the teck notes that Beta 11 DID NOT have Audio or Video support anymore so I did not down load it and will keep using Beta 9... at least for the while.
I still have no clue what "IIRC" is.
I tried the audio thing... see msg below.

Adrien:
What am I missing... When I try and duplicate what you did... the is no MP3 file (or any Audio file) option in the file pull down that will allow me to select a MP3 File. I only have the option of selecting "Image" type files.

Can someone eleborate on this.

Thanks Marv.
Marv...

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Marv wrote:I still have no clue what "IIRC" is.

As I explained it's an abbrieviation for If I Recall Correctly.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Marv wrote:What am I missing... When I try and duplicate what you did... the is no MP3 file (or any Audio file) option in the file pull down that will allow me to select a MP3 File. I only have the option of selecting "Image" type files.

Can someone eleborate on this.

Thanks Marv.

That's because you don't have a krpano licence.

Click on Register in the top menu and then check the box to enable a trial of krpano extended features (see screenshot) then you'll find you also have the choice of Audio.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Marv

by Marv » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Ok Thanks. I was afaird of that.

Marv.
Marv...

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:07 pm

Marv wrote:Ok Thanks. I was afaird of that.

Marv.

But it could be worth getting a krpano licence for 80 Euros (discount from 90 Euros because you have an APG licence) from Kolor Web shop. This will enable the audio features you want, and video features, plus allow the 'unembedding' of the XML files for further editing should you wish to do that to add features and plug-ins not yet supported via the APT GUI.

As you know Kolor has announced that APT will no longer be bundled with APG 2.5 but will instead marketed as a separate product called Panotour, in two versions Panotour and Panotour Pro.

It appears that Panotour Pro will offer similar functionality to APT + krpano licence. It will include the licencing of some krpano plug-in functionality, and the player/viewer, but (unlike the separate krpano licence) will not provide access to krpano tools.

People who have licences for APG and krpano will be offered a free licence for Pantour Pro.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
Marv

by Marv » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks for bringing me up to date.
I knew some of that back when they were just roomers. It's been a while since I've been on the form.
Marv...

no avatar
Adrien F

by Adrien F » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:28 am

Sorry, I mis-read your post. I thought you had a krpano licence.
Beta 11 + krpano is OK for sound.
Sound/video had been removed from Panotour (standard version), not from AutopanoTour.

Return to Archive