No roll in autopano tour  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
HansKeesom

No roll in autopano tour

by HansKeesom » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:17 pm

In autopano pro I can change Yaw, pitch and roll of a certain panorama. In autopano tour I can only change Yaw and pitch. Why no roll? I would like that a lot.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:50 pm

HansKeesom wrote:In autopano pro I can change Yaw, pitch and roll of a certain panorama. In autopano tour I can only change Yaw and pitch. Why no roll? I would like that a lot.

I don't understand what you are on about. In what way would you find some sort of Roll control useful?
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
digipano

by digipano » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:44 am

Editing the xml with custom parameter you can do it but it has very limited use (most users wont want roll to happen) I found it useful when someone showed an aerial panorama at krpano forums, it actually felt that the viewer is within the helicopter.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:53 pm

mediavets wrote:
HansKeesom wrote:In autopano pro I can change Yaw, pitch and roll of a certain panorama. In autopano tour I can only change Yaw and pitch. Why no roll? I would like that a lot.

I don't understand what you are on about. In what way would you find some sort of Roll control useful?

Sometimes i find a pano is not totally levelled. Instead of rerendering the whole thing it would be so easy if I can do it while creating the tour. It is much quicker and would allow me to do it interactively while going through the whole tour with my customer.
Such option could of course be used for funny effects too.
As Yaw and pitch is already there it is only logical to have roll also there.
Regards, Hans Keesom
I stitch and render for other photographers. Price: 25 euro or less, no cure no pay. If you want to concentrate on your business let me do the stitching for you. Free TB of Dropbox space when you have more then 250 euro business a year.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:57 pm

digipano wrote:Editing the xml with custom parameter you can do it but it has very limited use (most users wont want roll to happen) I found it useful when someone showed an aerial panorama at krpano forums, it actually felt that the viewer is within the helicopter.

I am not talking about roll as an effect or gimmicj, I just want a way to correct the horizontal leveling of a panorama while building the tour. Yaw and pitch is there so please add roll.
I want to be able to correct this interactively while sitting down with my customer, not by rerendering the whole pano. I expect you might respond with stating I have to level the pano before rendering but things are not that simple sometimes.
Last edited by HansKeesom on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:30 pm

HansKeesom wrote:I expect you might respond with stating I have to level the pano before rendering

Yes, that's the way to do it, and it's very easy to do with the vertical line stoll in APP/APG - as I expect you know already?
but things are not that simple sometimes.

Why not? You have to stitch and render a pano before you can use it in APT to create a tour.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
digipano

by digipano » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:40 pm

Someday in future we can expect panorama viewers to have the ability to display images on 360 sphere without stitching at all they will auto detect the still images & display seamlessly but that's future right now we have to do it manually.

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:30 pm

digipano wrote:Someday in future we can expect panorama viewers to have the ability to display images on 360 sphere without stitching at all they will auto detect the still images & display seamlessly but that's future right now we have to do it manually.

Sounds a bit cynical to me and is therefore not appreciated. I have serious reasons to ask for this option.
Regards, Hans Keesom

no avatar
HansKeesom

by HansKeesom » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:44 pm

mediavets wrote:
HansKeesom wrote:I expect you might respond with stating I have to level the pano before rendering

Yes, that's the way to do it, and it's very easy to do with the vertical line stoll in APP/APG - as I expect you know already?
but things are not that simple sometimes.

Why not? You have to stitch and render a pano before you can use it in APT to create a tour.

Yes I should do everything perfect, starting with placing my tripod perfectly level and check the leveling in APP before starting the rendering.
In my reality I am always in a hurry and do not have the time to check every .pano that is created from every group loaded into APP (sometimes 20 in one batch). Often there is no need to level. But the few pano that are not level are often only noticed while working on the tour. Being able to correct the roll a few degrees while working on the tour would then be much faster then having to go to the pano-editor and regenerating the pano in question.
Also, at the end of a project I want to have a meeting with client to go through the tour. When we find a not level pano it is very handy to be able to correct directly in the tour and not having to wait for the pano to regerenerate.

So it is a time and business motivation.

Regards,

Hans
Regards, Hans Keesom

Return to Archive