Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:58 pm 

Hi all,

It's been awhile since I attempted to create a tour with my software and have a few questions. Hopefully someone can give me some guidance!

1) Is there any complete, downloadable PDF form of the TOUR information? I see different sections you can click on, but no one PDF. Hard to really search when I have to keep clicking through and clicking though. Would love to have ONE pdf.

2) If I want to customize my tour in any way, other than the basics, do I use the Krpano tools for that??? For instance, I want to be able to limit how much people can ZOOM on a pano. Do I need the Krpano tools for that? If I have a pro license, do I also then already have Krpano license???

I do wish there were more info about the tours in general. There seems to be a lot about the stitching process, but then not much (that you don't actively have to search out) in the FAQs or guidelines.

THANKS in advance! :-)
Sara

Last edited by Swoody on Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:29 am 

Swoody wrote:
Hi all,

It's been awhile since I attempted to create a tour with my software and have a few questions. Hopefully someone can give me some guidance!

1) Is there any complete, downloadable PDF form of the TOUR information?

No - not yet.

Quote:
2) If I want to customize my tour in any way, other than the basics, do I use the Krpano tools for that???

Depends on what you want to do. Are using the latest APT V1.1 beta 9 which has the most features so far?:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t9204-apt-v1.1-beta-9

Quote:
For instance, I want to be able to limit how much people can ZOOM on a pano. Do I need the Krpano tools for that?

No - right-click in 3D editor image and set zo0m limits (or use the icons above the image). See screenshot below.

Quote:
If I have a pro license, do I also then already have Krpano license???

When you say 'Pro license' do you mean Autopano Pro license? If so, then no that's not the same as a krpano licence. You can purchase a krpano license from the Kolor web shop:
http://www.kolor.com/buy/software/krpano/krpano-flash-panorama-viewer-unlimited-domain-license.html

If you already have an Autopano Giga license then you can get a discount of 10 Euros on the krpano license if yoiu purchase via the Kolor web shop.

I am a little confused by your question because Autopano Tour is currently only available as a bundle with Autopano Giga (and not with Autopano Pro) although that will change soon when Autopano Tour will be unbundled from APG and only offered as a separate product.

Autopano Tour offers basic tour authoring capabilities without your having a krpano license. But if you also have a krpano license, and register that licnse in APT, then more advanced features are enabled in Autopano Tour.

Quote:
I do wish there were more info about the tours in general. There seems to be a lot about the stitching process, but then not much (that you don't actively have to search out) in the FAQs or guidelines.

True - or ask here of course.

Kolor plans to complete documentation for APT when it is in a more stable state as I understand it.

Meantime ask away, there are users who may be able to help.

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:01 pm 

First, let me say THANK YOU for taking the time to educate me with this - I do so appreciate it!

Turns out, I actually do have Giga - or rather "Advanced VR pack: Autopano Giga 2.0 + KrPano Unlimited Domain License, for customized HD virtual tours" to be exact, so I guess I am covered!

I have downloaded the new beta, and plan on trying all the different features. Thanks again, Sara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:59 pm 

Swoody wrote:
I have downloaded the new beta, and plan on trying all the different features. Thanks again, Sara

The downside of the latest beta is that Export of the tour is very slow. An acknowledged problem and promised to be fixed in next beta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:17 pm 

I do not find the export to be slow, but I am finding a few bugs:

1) I do not want a logo in my new pano. Even though I deleted the logo I used previously in an old, different pano, it keeps reverting back to having it in my LOGO box. I have deleted it probably 25 times now. Keeps coming back! I am not closing the application between changes, BTW, so it is not reverting to a saved version

2) Many times I cannot "see" my panorama in the 3D editor. It is always viewable in the HotSpot Editor, however

3) How do I prevent the "Project: xxx" title from appearing on my HTML page (without me going in and tweaking HTML text code.)??

I am on a MAC, OS 10.6.4, APT V1.1 beta 9 (Giga license, Krpano license)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:18 pm 

Swoody wrote:
I do not find the export to be slow, but I am finding a few bugs:

1) I do not want a logo in my new pano. Even though I deleted the logo I used previously in an old, different pano, it keeps reverting back to having it in my LOGO box. I have deleted it probably 25 times now. Keeps coming back! I am not closing the application between changes, BTW, so it is not reverting to a saved version

I had something like that happen when editing a project made in an earlier version. I had to start again and recreate the project/tour with the new beta version.

Quote:
2) Many times I cannot "see" my panorama in the 3D editor. It is always viewable in the HotSpot Editor, however

I find it can take a while for the 3D view to be displayed but it has always appeared in the end. There are now three quality options (see screenshot) and the higher quality performs more slowly I think. Quite why it should be as slow as it is I don't know - it wasn't something I noticed in earlier versions.

Could it be a graphics driver issue in your case?

Quote:
3) How do I prevent the "Project: xxx" title from appearing on my HTML page (without me going in and tweaking HTML text code.)??

Edit the HTML template file(s) - which you can access via Edit/Open templates directory.

Just remove or comment out the line (http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_comment.asp):
<h1>Project : $(PROJECTNAME)</h1>

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:17 pm 

Thanks! I didn't even know that templates editor existed! thank goodness - everytime I re-output, I had to go into the HTML to get rid of it. - THANK YOU.

I don't know if it's a graphic issue? How can I tell? Does the "quality setting" affect YOUR viewing within the Tour app, or the output quality of the tour? The software crashes a lot too. sigh......

I have a NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT, VRAM (Total): 256 MBCinema HD:
Resolution: 1920 x 1200
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:47 pm 

Sara,

There's a known issue that causes some problems - including sloooow export - when using 360x180 panos with APT on systems with multi-core CPUs.

This may (I'm not sure) extend to your 3D editor display problem.

Anyway a work-around pending a fix in the next beta is said to be to Set Edit/Preferences to use one core and max. RAM.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:50 pm 

Swoody wrote:
Does the "quality setting" affect YOUR viewing within the Tour app, or the output quality of the tour?

Viewing within APT app.