Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:38 pm 

I made a tour and exported it with the html and added the html to the code for my site and added the entire folder with all the XML files to the database, but it wouldn't load the pano (the rest of the site loaded fine) when I tried to load my site in IE and the box where my pano would be was just white. I'm not sure why this happened. I used Frontpage 2003 to make the site (I know it's old). Does anyone know how to fix the white box and make it actually load my pano? Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:12 pm 

MrCluck wrote:
I made a tour and exported it with the html and added the html to the code for my site and added the entire folder with all the XML files to the database, but it wouldn't load the pano (the rest of the site loaded fine) when I tried to load my site in IE and the box where my pano would be was just white. I'm not sure why this happened. I used Frontpage 2003 to make the site (I know it's old). Does anyone know how to fix the white box and make it actually load my pano? Thank you.

Welcome to the forum...

I use an even older version of Frontpage...so that's not the source of your problem

I'm not sure quite what you mean when you say:
"I ... added the html to the code for my site" but I suspect that this is wher your problem lies.

Anyway, when outputting (exporting) the tour from APT put it in a separate target folder.

Then in Frontpage Import that folder, complete with any sub-folders, into your Frontage web.

It should work fine, with a simple link to the HTML file for the tour; the important thing is to maintain the file/folder structure created when outputting the tour with APT.

If this works OK and you wish to work/'embed' the HTML created by APT into some existing web page then you'll need to experiment a bit, but it shouldn't be difficult to get it to work if you have a look at what you are doing in HTML view.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:43 pm 

MrCluck wrote:

APT generates a html file. Use it as a base for your site. Or at least use the "make fullscreen".
You also can create a html window on your site and import
the .swf file directly.
The swf always scales to the dimensions of a html-window when it´s imported.

All you tour files and folders should be in the same folder as the html files.

That´s the way i do it - http://www.360impressions.de

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:33 pm 

What I tried to do was drag the folder that had all the folders and XML files for the pano into the side bar in Frontpage that had the list of files and then I added the code from the HTML file for the pano into the HTML code of my site, and that made the box appear but the box had a small X in the top left corner and nothing would happen.

Is there another way to import the folder with all the files?

Thank you very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:52 pm 

MrCluck wrote:
What I tried to do was drag the folder that had all the folders and XML files for the pano into the side bar in Frontpage that had the list of files and then I added the code from the HTML file for the pano into the HTML code of my site, and that made the box appear but the box had a small X in the top left corner and nothing would happen.

Is there another way to import the folder with all the files?

Thank you very much.

I've never been one for drag-n-drop.

I always use File/Import when in Folder view.

I still don't understand what you mean when you say:

" I added the code from the HTML file for the pano into the HTML code of my site"

Is your 'site' just one HTML page?

What's the URL? - let me have a look.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:21 pm 

No, my site is many pages but there is one page in particular that I am going to put the pano on.
So I thought that if I opened that page and put the html code from the HTML file that Autopano Tour made into Frontpage (in HTML view) and that worked.
Sadly it just showed a white box with an error symbol instead of my pano. Do you know why it might be giving me that error symbol?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 pm 

Is this offending page on-line now?

If so please give me a link to it so I can have a look.

BTW which version of Autopano Tour are you using at the moment?

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:04 am 

MrCluck wrote:
No, my site is many pages but there is one page in particular that I am going to put the pano on.
So I thought that if I opened that page and put the html code from the HTML file that Autopano Tour made into Frontpage (in HTML view) and that worked.
Sadly it just showed a white box with an error symbol instead of my pano. Do you know why it might be giving me that error symbol?

Again: create an empty page. Create a window in that page.
Give the window the path to your xyz.swf file you generated using APT.
Take care all content of the pano is in THE SAME folder: the xyz.swf, xyz.xml, xyz0.xml, xyz1.xml . . . and so on, and the xyzdata folder containing your picture-parts as folders xyz0, xyz.1 and so on and a folder "graphics" containing "menu" and "spots" at least.

good luck, Klaus

an example:

www.360impressions.de/TourAcker.html
The html window on the site loads the swf by setting the path to the .swf.
The swf "calls" the xml files and the pictures from the "xyzdata" folder.

The structure is shown in the screenshot - it´s essential to keep the parts in ONE
directory/folder.

Last edited by klausesser on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:26 am 

EDIT: I tried copy and pasting the code for the pano in the example you gave me and replacing the name of the SWF with mine and that gave me the same result that I got when I used the HTML file that Autopano Tour made.

The problem I'm still having now is that the pano isn't loading in IE 8 and appears as a white box. Everything should be fine with the code because it's the exact same as the one from the example you gave me and I made sure all the files are in one folder. I also have the latest Flash player.

Last edited by MrCluck on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:25 am 

MrCluck wrote:
EDIT: I tried copy and pasting the code for the pano in the example you gave me and replacing the name of the SWF with mine and that gave me the same result that I got when I used the HTML file that Autopano Tour made.

The problem I'm still having now is that the pano isn't loading in IE 8 and appears as a white box. Everything should be fine with the code because it's the exact same as the one from the example you gave me and I made sure all the files are in one folder. I also have the latest Flash player.

Please provide a link to this page - or is it not yet on-line?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:03 am 

MrCluck wrote:

IF you´re talking to me:
I don´t know Frontpage and i don´t use IE. But the structure basically is the same on all platforms.
Did you try a different browser?

Can you provide the code you use?

best, Klaus

P.S.:

"I tried copy and pasting the code for the pano in the example you gave me and replacing the name of the SWF with mine"

???

Last edited by klausesser on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:27 pm 

The site isn't online yet. Here is the code I used:

<tr height="475">
<td width="70" height="475" colspan="4"><spacer type="block" width="70" height="475"></td>
<td width="953" height="475" colspan="7" valign="top" align="left" xpos="70"><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" height="416" width="901">
<param name="movie" value="Avondale.swf">
<param name="quality" value="best">
<param name="play" value="true">
<embed height="416" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="Avondale.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="901" quality="best" play="true" allowFullScreen="true">
</object></td>
<td width="1" height="475"><spacer type="block" width="1" height="475"></td>
</tr>

It made a window and in Frontpage it said that there was a path to the SWF file but it wouldn't load the pano in its place when I opened it in IE. (I got this code by looking at the source HTML of the website you gave me and just changed the name of the SWF file it should use)

Last edited by MrCluck on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 pm 

You seem to be trying to place the pano in a cell in a table is that correct?

If so then you can do that by using the Frontpage Insert/Component/Include page feature - at least that what it's called on Frontpage 2000.

In Normal view simply position your cursor in the table cell and then use Insert/Component/Include page to include the HTML page generated by APT.

You will not see it displayed in Frontpage Normal view or Preview, at least not with my Frontpage 2000, but it will display correctly when on-line.

Here's a simple on-line example i just put together:
http://www.three60views.org.uk/tennis/tennis-02.html

Screenshots:

The first shows you what you'll see in Frontpage Normal view after having included the page - not much!

The second is the Frontpage HTML view.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:41 pm 

MrCluck wrote:
The site isn't online yet. Here is the code I used:

<tr height="475">
<td width="70" height="475" colspan="4"><spacer type="block" width="70" height="475"></td>
<td width="953" height="475" colspan="7" valign="top" align="left" xpos="70"><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" height="416" width="901">
<param name="movie" value="Avondale.swf">
<param name="quality" value="best">
<param name="play" value="true">
<embed height="416" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="Avondale.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="901" quality="best" play="true" allowFullScreen="true">
</object></td>
<td width="1" height="475"><spacer type="block" width="1" height="475"></td>
</tr>

It made a window and in Frontpage it said that there was a path to the SWF file but it wouldn't load the pano in its place when I opened it in IE. (I got this code by looking at the source HTML of the website you gave me and just changed the name of the SWF file it should use)

Hmm....I don't recognise that code as anything that was generated by APT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:15 pm 

MrCluck wrote:
(I got this code by looking at the source HTML of the website you gave me and just changed the name of the SWF file it should use)

Are you talking to ME or to Andrew? Or to somebody else? It would be nice to personalize your communication - a name to address you would help . . . or is your name really MrCluck? Any reason to keep your name as a secret? :cool:

Also you might be a bit more precise by describing your workflow - we´d have to guess otherwise . . . that isn´t as exciting as you maybe thinking . . . ;)

I think Andrew is the better person to address in your case of using Frontpage and IE.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:20 pm 

mediavets wrote:
Hmm....I don't recognise that code as anything that was generated by APT.

It´s possibly the html that APT generates additionally.
He needs only the "fullscreen" part i mean.

best to you, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:02 am 

The code you use is a lot like the one provided on the krpano website (http://www.krpano.com/docu/html/#withoutjavascript). I tried it with a personal visit on my computer and it worked fine. So this piece of HTML code is OK.
The problem might come from the swf itself : does it work? (kind of obvious check but it was never written here).
If the swf is ok, and the HTML block is OK then it may come from the rest of the HTML page or the folder integration. We can not do anything else until you post the whole project somewhere online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:19 pm 

@Andrew: I got that code from an example Klaus gave me, but it gave the same result as the HTML file from APT.
If you can't see the pano in preview or normal mode then I will try putting it online and then seeing if it works. I thought my code was wrong because it wouldn't load in preview but maybe that doesn't matter.
I know the SWF file and everything works so if it won't work online it must be something with my code.
In a few days I will put it online and I will post the link for you if I won't be able to get it to work.

EDIT: My name is Nick :P

Last edited by MrCluck on Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:24 pm 

MrCluck wrote:
@Andrew: I got that code from an example Klaus gave me, but it gave the same result as the HTML file from APT.
If you can't see the pano in preview or normal mode then I will try putting it online and then seeing if it works. I thought my code was wrong because it wouldn't load in preview but maybe that doesn't matter.
I know the SWF file and everything works so if it won't work online it must be something with my code.
In a few days I will put it online and I will post the link for you if I won't be able to get it to work.

EDIT: My name is Nick :P

Hi Nick! :)

But i didn´t give you any code - i just showed you the structure of files and folders.

Does the pano run when you doubleclick the .swf file?

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:19 am 

I looked at the source HTML of the website you gave me and found the code that the site used to show the pano, and that code seemed to work fine. The only problem I had was that in preview it would not load.

Also, the pano does run when I doubleclick the .swf file.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:22 pm 

MrCluck wrote:
Also, the pano does run when I doubleclick the .swf file.

That indicates a faulty structure on your server - did you load everything (!) up to the server?.
It also can be a mistake in your html code.

best, Klaus