Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:24 am 

Hi All,

I would like to export to formats other than SWF. For example: .flv (a flash format), .mov or .qt (Quick-Time).

Does anyone know how I can do this.

Many thanks,

Riobaird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:33 am 

Welcome to the forum...
riobaird wrote:
I would like to export to formats other than SWF.

Why?

Quote:
For example: .flv (a flash format), .mov or .qt (Quick-Time).

FLV is a Flash video format and quite inappropriate/irrelevant for panoramic images IMO.

Quicktime is virtually obsolete for panos now.

Quote:
Does anyone know how I can do this.

Pano2VR will allow you to create Quicktime output:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:59 am 

Thanks for your reply Andrew.

Unfortunately, obsolete or not, I have a site that I need to upload a virtual tour to - the site only accepts certain formats - those that I've listed. I will check out Pano2VR though, but if anyone else knows of a way to export from AutopanoTour to one of these other formats, I'd really like to find out.

Thanks, Riobaird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:12 pm 

riobaird wrote:

Unfortunately, obsolete or not, I have a site that I need to upload a virtual tour to - the site only accepts certain formats - those that I've listed.

I see - if there's no possibility of dragging your client kicking and screaming into the 21st century (and in such cases I always enjoy doing the kicking, and hearing the client's screaming!) then I guess you'll just have to 'punish' that client by passing on to them the cost of Pano2VR which you will need to meet their 'archaic' standards.;)

Quote:
I will check out Pano2VR though, but if anyone else knows of a way to export from AutopanoTour to one of these other formats, I'd really like to find out.

Thanks, Riobaird.

APT's output is exclusively compatible with the krpano Flash Panorama Viewer - so Pano2VR is the best way to go if you need Quicktime output and it's relatively inexpensive too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:03 pm 

riobaird wrote:

Unfortunately, obsolete or not, I have a site that I need to upload a virtual tour to - the site only accepts certain formats - those that I've listed. I will check out Pano2VR though, but if anyone else knows of a way to export from AutopanoTour to one of these other formats, I'd really like to find out.

Thanks, Riobaird.

You can use the "CubicConverter" - if you use a Mac (you didn´t mention the platform you´re on). It´s cheap, very simple to use and very effective: you import an equirectangular image (that´s what APP/APG renders) into the CC and convert it to equirectangular, cube faces, cylinder, mirrorball or QTVR-movie. Kind of a multotool.
Takes a lot of different image-types and image-sizes.

best, Klaus

A word on APP/APG`s output: applications like APT usually take equirectangular images or cubefaces to display as spherical panos.
Cubefaces usually are made from equis. So APP/APG´s output-format is universal.

QTVR is s format which isn´t supported any more. In other words: avoid to use it - hard for me to say so as a long-time Mac-user and user of QTVR for years.
But - as Andrew said :cool: - in the 21 century things are actually based on Flash or on HTML5 in the future.
Makes definitely no sense to use QTVR: clients need to extra install a Quicktime-VR viewer . . . which they widely dislike to do. Flash/Java is installed on more than 95% of all computers as is reported.

Last edited by klausesser on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 am 

WOW! That's great - I'm really blown away by how much help you guys have given me here - really, I am. I've got a lot to think about, and will post something to let you know how I proceed. I may even contact the site, to give them a couple of suggestions on updating themselves.

Once again though, many thanks all the time and effort - really appreciate it.

Riobaird.;):/:cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:26 am 

Oh, and as soon as I get a chance, I'll update my profile, so you can all find out some more about me and what I do - for now though, I'm in New Jersey, USA, though I hail from Ireland.