Change main-Template?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Maw.

Change main-Template?

by Maw. » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:39 pm

Hi,
I´m on a MAC OSX System and tried to figure out, how I can change the main xml Template.
I found the navigation, hotspot,.. templates, but not the main xml-template, e.g. where the <image> is defined or <view> ...

So, where do I find this?

regards,
Marc

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Maw. wrote:Hi,
I´m on a MAC OSX System and tried to figure out, how I can change the main xml Template.
I found the navigation, hotspot,.. templates, but not the main xml-template, e.g. where the <image> is defined or <view> ...

So, where do I find this?

regards,
Marc

asuming a project which I saves as "pano-01"
the block

Code: Select all
    <image type="SPHERE" hfov="360" vfov="70" voffset="0" multires="true" tilesize="499" baseindex="0">
        <level tiledimagewidth="3672" tiledimageheight="998">
            <sphere url="pano-01data/pano-010/1/%v_%u.jpg"/>
        </level>
        <level tiledimagewidth="1836" tiledimageheight="499">
            <sphere url="pano-01data/pano-010/0/%v_%u.jpg"/>
        </level>
    </image>

is found in pano-010.xml

(also asuming that you disabled "Embed XML files" under Priject Properties...)

Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Maw.

by Maw. » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:07 pm

Hi Georg,
thanks I know this already, but I want to globally change things in this code for every project, BEFORE the project-xml is generated...

Regards,
Marc

no avatar
Adrien F

by Adrien F » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:17 pm

Hello,

The main xml file includes the menu template xml. So you may want to consider changing this latter to introduce your global changes.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Maw. wrote:Hi Georg,
thanks I know this already, but I want to globally change things in this code for every project, BEFORE the project-xml is generated...

Regards,
Marc

The main xml is the one without a number behind it.

So if your project is named "Felix", the main xml is named "Felix.xml". The following files have numbers starting with "0": "Felix0.xml", Felix1.xml" and so on. These ones contain and handle the pictures/panos.

best, Klaus

Look here:

Last edited by klausesser on Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:31 pm

Adrien F wrote:Hello,

The main xml file includes the menu template xml. So you may want to consider changing this latter to introduce your global changes.

And/or maybe it could be good to have a 'global' template feature independent of the menu templates?
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Maw.

by Maw. » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:12 pm

okay yes, I can edit the menu template, but as "mediavets" said maybe it would be nice to have a "global" template in future...

no avatar
Maw.

by Maw. » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:52 am

I like using the "Thumbnail"-Option, where all the thumbs are listet in the pano.
But I wanna change the graphics and the way it looks like. I don´t want to change this everytime after exporting, but change it in the software.
So this isn´t possible (yet)?

Regards

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:14 am

Maw. wrote:So this isn´t possible (yet)?

Regards

No it is not possible yet.

I agree with you that the current thumbnails features is quite inadequate, lacking in options for user customisation.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
klausesser

by klausesser » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:35 am

Maw. wrote:But I wanna change the graphics and the way it looks like. I don´t want to change this everytime after exporting, but change it in the software.
So this isn´t possible (yet)?

Of course you can edit the way it looks like - but you have to do it in the xml code.
You can prepare a reference-file which you might copy into APT´s xml. That´s not a big effort. If you want a dedicated look: make it - don´t expect to get all you want
done by an application automatically.
Go to the KRPano-forum to find informations how to build it your own way.

APT is a kind of GUI for the KRPano-tools.Many users don´t use resp. don´t need to use APT at all to build tours with tricky features.

You´re dealing here with a somewhat sophisticated way of presenting interactive panos - don´t expect to get all the advanced functions
by two or three mouseclicks . . . :cool:

APT is a MAJOR help for users who are not into xml - these users wouldn´t have spectacular functions at all without APT
because most of them wouldn´t even know these functions exist. Not to speak of coding them in xml alone.

;)

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

Return to Archive