Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:44 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:08 am 

You can easily add text labels to the navigation buttons by adding the onhover atrribute for each button in the navigation menu template XML files.

On my Window XP system the navigation menu template files are found in this folder:
C:\Program Files\Kolor\Autopano Tour\Templates\menu

The attribute to add takes this format:
onhover="showtext(your-text);"

Here's a modified version of the navigation.xml template file:
Code:
<menu>   
    <plugin name="in" url="graphics/btn_plus.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-120" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorz,-1);" onup="set(movevectorz,0);" onhover="showtext(zoom in);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="out" url="graphics/btn_minus.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-80" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorz,+1);" onup="set(movevectorz,0);" onhover="showtext(zoom out);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="left" url="graphics/btn_left.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="-40" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorx,-1);" onup="set(movevectorx,0);" onhover="showtext(left);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="right" url="graphics/btn_right.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="0" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectorx,+1);" onup="set(movevectorx,0);" onhover="showtext(right);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="up" url="graphics/btn_up.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="40" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectory,-1);" onup="set(movevectory,0);" onhover="showtext(up);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="down" url="graphics/btn_down.png" keep="true" align="bottom" x="80" y="$(MARGIN)" ondown="set(movevectory,+1);" onup="set(movevectory,0);" onhover="showtext(down);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
    <plugin name="home" url="graphics/btn_home.png" blendmode="normal" keep="true" align="bottom" x="120" y="$(MARGIN)" onclick="lookto(get(panoview.h),get(panoview.v),get(panoview.fov),smooth(100,20,50));" onhover="showtext(home);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,normal);"/>
</menu>

You can change font, colour and style of the text labels displayed from the Project properties/Font tab dialogue:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:00 am 

Thank you Andrew, I'm seriously considering buying Autopano but have been unsure about the xml editing. This is a step in the right direction for me. Are there any links to other little hints like this one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:12 am 

Quote:
Are there any links to other little hints like this one?

krpano forum:
http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?l=2
krpano docu:
http://www.krpano.com/docu/

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:16 am 

scaber wrote:
Thank you Andrew, I'm seriously considering buying Autopano but have been unsure about the xml editing. This is a step in the right direction for me. Are there any links to other little hints like this one?

What is it you most wish to be able to do that you feel you cannot do with Autopano Tour unless you resort to editing the XML?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:34 am 

@gkaefer
Thanks Georg, that seems to be quite a useful resource. I will definitely be looking into those forums more closely.

@mediavets
Andrew, I'm not sure exactly as I have only started looking into the use of AutopanoTour. Before I commit myself to buying the AutopanoGiga/KRPano combination package I wanted to be sure that there would be enough flexibility to cover any future needs I may come up with. The ability to edit the XML files would seem to suggest that (if I had the knowledge) I should be able to overcome any limitations which may become apparent after I have been using APTour for a while.

I've looked at Pano2VR and while it seems to do everything I want at present I like the fact that APTour/krpano allows the use of tiles to reduce loading time. I just want to be sure that I will be able to expand from what I want to do now to what I may want to do in the future.

One other (unrelated) thing I do like about Pano2Vr is the ability to extract and edit portions of the pano file before rendering to the swf file and although I've worked out a techniques to greatly reduce the need for doing this it is one feature that would be nice to have in Autopano.

As you can see, this is a bit of a ramble probably due to the fact that I'm still trying to decide which pano packages I'm actually going to buy - ie Autopano + Pano2VR or AutopanoGiga + KRPano.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:46 am 

scaber wrote:
@mediavets
Andrew, I'm not sure exactly as I have only started looking into the use of AutopanoTour. Before I commit myself to buying the AutopanoGiga/KRPano combination package I wanted to be sure that there would be enough flexibility to cover any future needs I may come up with. The ability to edit the XML files would seem to suggest that (if I had the knowledge) I should be able to overcome any limitations which may become apparent after I have been using APTour for a while.

Indeed.

krpano is by common consent the most advanced and powerful of the Flash panorama players/viewers available at the moment.

Quote:
I've looked at Pano2VR and while it seems to do everything I want at present I like the fact that APTour/krpano allows the use of tiles to reduce loading time. I just want to be sure that I will be able to expand from what I want to do now to what I may want to do in the future.

I started out using Pano2VR to create Flash format panos for on-line display, using Autopano Pro for stitching. At that time Pano2VR was the only easy to use tool for this. However I never got into using the Skin Editor to be able to link panos together via hot spots and so on; instead I've taken to using the evolving Autopano Tour (with a krpano license) to do this, because it is so very easy to use and because of some of the unique capabilities of krpano in particular multi-resolution output.

Quote:
One other (unrelated) thing I do like about Pano2Vr is the ability to extract and edit portions of the pano file before rendering to the swf file and although I've worked out a techniques to greatly reduce the need for doing this it is one feature that would be nice to have in Autopano.

Yes, the Pano2VR patch tool is really good - sadly I don't expect to see something similar in APT anytime soon. So perhaps the 'answer' is to have APT + krpano AND Pano2VR.

Quote:
As you can see, this is a bit of a ramble probably due to the fact that I'm still trying to decide which pano packages I'm actually going to buy - ie Autopano + Pano2VR or AutopanoGiga + KRPano.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

To complicate things a little more Kolor has announced that they will soon remove APT from the Autopano Giga offer; after that APT will be marketed as a separate product. So then you could also choose APP + APT + krpano.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:28 am 

mediavets wrote:
To complicate things a little more Kolor has announced that they will soon remove APT from the Autopano Giga offer; after that APT will be marketed as a separate product. So then you could also choose APP + APT + krpano.

Thanks for your detailed feedback. I find myself tending to your suggestion and will probably initially get the APG + krpano combination and then if/when I find I really do need to extract and edit details find myself buying P2VR as well....

I just need to wait a few days to see if the exchange rate for the NZ dollar improves against the Euro!! ::D