Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:21 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:35 pm 

Hi guys. Currently my machine is just able to push out large enough VTs for my application.

(Away from home or I'd test this myself) My question ~ if I want to make 360x180 virtual tours with multiple panoramics will the memory requirement increase for each pano? Or does APT add panoramics one at a time, thus recycling available RAM?

Also is contiguous RAM the stuff needed as with rendering in APG?

Currently I restart my machine with nothing loading and can make the VTs I need. In summary ~ will I be able to make a 10 panoramic VT with like size panos?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:36 am 

Hello doceave,

Quote:
if I want to make 360x180 virtual tours with multiple panoramics will the memory requirement increase for each pano? Or does APT add panoramics one at a time, thus recycling available RAM?

APT handle panorama individually, which means it is limited by the biggest panorama loaded, not the number of panorama.

Quote:
will I be able to make a 10 panoramic VT with like size panos?

Depends on the size of the panorama and your configuration.
The problematic is quite different from APG :
* In APG we export picture "line after line", which means we only need to load one line in memory to process it (to simplify!).
* On the other hand in APT we need to read the picture : loading the whole picture in memory to resize it and process it. Well, that was the old way, now we are able to read it lien after line so we can handle gigapixel panorama, but that is for beta 8!

So you hardly can open a Gigapixel on APT, some may succeed, depending on OS, RAM, ...
Anyway you have to keep in mind that APT export is, in its current version, limited to ~200MPixels.

Tip: (already said before)
-work with a reduced version of your panorama in APT to place hotspots,...
-export
-use krpano tools (kmakemultires I think) to generate the full res tiles : keep the same hierarchy as in the generated APT VT
-replace VT images by those new ones
-adapt xml code to fit real picture size

That's only until we release the Giga version...coming soon!