Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: "Automatic" virtual tour
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:27 pm 

Hi

I have made APT virtual tours, with hotspots linking different panos. All this works fine :) (even though I need to purchase a KRpano licence to get a decent resolution :( ). However, I would like to "record" a specific sequence to make an automatic virtual tour.
The purpose is to make an animated display with no input from the keyboard. The "initial rotation" is a crude example of what I want. I'd like to make it more sophisticated, but nevertheless automatic.

I Suppose that KRpano might do the job as long as I'm ready to enjoy the delights of HTML programing.. but I'd rather avoid this :/ .
Therefore is there a way to do this ? (I may not be clear, since I don't know how this is called, so let me describe an example : On the initial picture rotate 80° right until you hit the first hotspot, then click on the hotspot, and move to the second pano. Then move around, zoom a bit, hit the second hotspot... and so on all automatic once I've decided on the sequence). Scripting or making droplets in PS is a good example of what I would like : Turn "record" on, then do whatever you want, then "record" off. Everything can then be replayed.

Any hint on how to do this ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:38 pm 

I know what you mean and I would love to see a 'point-n-click' authoring tool for krpano to create such 'automatic tours'; and I have hinted previously that Kolor might like to consider developing such a tool, either as part of APT or as a separate program. I think there would be a good market for such software.

Sadly, AFAIK, there is as yet no such thing. You'd have to hand code it in krpano XML.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:39 pm 

Hi!

You can control every bit of what´s going to happen via the .xml scripts.
You just must not select "embedded" in APT´s output settings.

But to get a swing from a hotspot view to the view where the pano should start you just have to set a "hotspot view" and after that a "default view" in APT.
"Hotspot view" is where the movement starts and "default view" is where it ends and the interactivity begins.

"Autorotation" means that the pano constantly spins around. You can combine it with tilt/zoom. Look here:

http://www.360impressions.de/Mini1.html

But you have to edit it in the xml.

best, Klaus

Last edited by klausesser on Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:44 pm 

mediavets wrote:
You'd have to hand code it in krpano XML.

A preferable way is to build a tour in APT and only fine-tune it via xml. That saves you a lot of time and is very comfortable.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:14 pm 

Thanks for both your answers ; I see I still have an lot to learn :I wasn't aware that this
klausesser wrote:
You can combine it with tilt/zoom

was possible within APT only ? is my version outdated ?

Regarding this :
klausesser wrote:
A preferable way is to build a tour in APT and only fine-tune it via xml

when you say "fine tune" what do you mean exectly ? for example, in your "mini" tour : there is apparently an initial tilt/rotate pan, then rotate only. Was this done using APT only, or did you "fine tune" it with KRpano ? And could you add an automatic link through a hotspot to another pano ?

In fact, is there some user starting point for people who only use the APT GUI and never the XML ?

I'm an absolute beginner for coding XML, although I wrote some HTML and other languages (such as C++ or pascal, a long time ago, :rolleyes:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:44 pm 

gerpho wrote:
Thanks for both your answers ; I see I still have an lot to learn :I wasn't aware that this
klausesser wrote:
You can combine it with tilt/zoom

was possible within APT only ? is my version outdated ?

Regarding this :
klausesser wrote:
A preferable way is to build a tour in APT and only fine-tune it via xml

when you say "fine tune" what do you mean exectly ? for example, in your "mini" tour : there is apparently an initial tilt/rotate pan, then rotate only. Was this done using APT only, or did you "fine tune" it with KRpano ? And could you add an automatic link through a hotspot to another pano ?

In fact, is there some user starting point for people who only use the APT GUI and never the XML ?

I'm an absolute beginner for coding XML, although I wrote some HTML and other languages (such as C++ or pascal, a long time ago, :rolleyes:)

See here - that was done only in APT: http://www.360impressions.de/TourCan.html . After building the tour in APT i edited just the speed and smoothness of movements in the xml.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:03 pm 

klausesser wrote:
See here - that was done only in APT: http://www.360impressions.de/TourCan.html . After building the tour in APT i edited just the speed and smoothness of movements in the xml.

best, Klaus

really nice tour but, imo, I think the pulsating hotspots (from APT) are very poor and looks like an amateur was let loose in "Microsoft paintbrush". Similar to the 'raining' hearts, snow and rain that have been included in the latest software updates.

Personally I havent played with hotspots and linking into other panos yet but I have seen some very stylish animated hotspot icons, like a blue pulsing arrowhead, which I assumed can be created in PS and imported as a gif? maybe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:13 pm 

Photosbykev wrote:
Personally I havent played with hotspots and linking into other panos yet but I have seen some very stylish animated hotspot icons, like a blue pulsing arrowhead, which I assumed can be created in PS and imported as a gif? maybe.

Animated GIFs don't appear to work (animate) when used for hotspots in APT.

You need SWF objects.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:28 pm 

Cheers Andrew, more info to soak into my already overloaded brain :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:31 pm 

klausesser wrote:

Very nice and smooth. I appreciate the rotation slowing down until it stops in front of a hotspot. Neat.

In fact my main remaining question is : could you go through the whole tour from the begining, moving from place to place with no user interaction (i.e. can you replace the "hotspot click" with a XML line of code) ?

BTW how did you make the speherical mirror on the ground (in the hall and kitchen...) ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:36 pm 

gerpho wrote:
. . . could you go through the whole tour from the begining, moving from place to place with no user interaction (i.e. can you replace the "hotspot click" with a XML line of code) ?

Yes - but i never did. My goal is interactivity.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:44 pm 

Thanks for your help anyway. :)

Philippe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:28 pm 

gerpho wrote:
BTW how did you make the spherical mirror on the ground (in the hall and kitchen...) ?

Google 'nadir mirror ball'.

Pano2VR has a simple way of creating this effect/nadir cap too using its Patch Tool, which has a mirror ball option:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/tutorial.php?movid=09

I wish APT had a tool as good as this.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:44 pm 

mediavets wrote:
gerpho wrote:
BTW how did you make the spherical mirror on the ground (in the hall and kitchen...) ?

Google 'nadir mirror ball'.

Pano2VR has a simple way of creating this effect/nadir cap too using its Patch Tool, which has a mirror ball option:
http://gardengnomesoftware.com/tutorial.php?movid=09

I wish APT had a tool as good as this.

Very easy to do in Photoshop!

1) image set to 1x1 - height equals length.
2) Filters -> distortion -> polar coordinates

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:53 am 

or you can download the mirror ball action for photoshop (download the .atn files)
http://wiki.panotools.org/Adding_a_nadir_cap_%28mirror_ball%29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:04 pm 

Here is an example - not created by me - of a krpano automatic tour with manual override:
http://www.vr360photo.eu/panos/piazze360/padova360.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:09 pm 

klausesser wrote:
Hi!

You can control every bit of what´s going to happen via the .xml scripts.
You just must not select "embedded" in APT´s output settings.

But to get a swing from a hotspot view to the view where the pano should start you just have to set a "hotspot view" and after that a "default view" in APT.
"Hotspot view" is where the movement starts and "default view" is where it ends and the interactivity begins.

"Autorotation" means that the pano constantly spins around. You can combine it with tilt/zoom. Look here:

http://www.360impressions.de/Mini1.html

But you have to edit it in the xml.

best, Klaus

The effect is very "High Class" but I'm unfortunately unable to do edit the xml.... Damned!!!!!!

Jack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:53 am 

To export and edit XML : uncheck the "Embed XML" button in the Export option of APT, export, then open the generated xml files with any text editor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:48 am 

Adrien F wrote:
To export and edit XML : uncheck the "Embed XML" button in the Export option of APT, export, then open the generated xml files with any text editor.

Maybe, Is this not possible without a KR Pano license?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:00 am 

MaGue wrote:
Adrien F wrote:

You need an unlimited domains license for krpano to enable this capability.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:11 pm 

mediavets wrote:
MaGue wrote:
Adrien F wrote:

Well, I have such a licence, and therefore, I can't uncheck the "embed XML" button...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 5:49 pm 

jackLFLB wrote:
mediavets wrote:
MaGue wrote:

Well, I have such a licence, and therefore, I can't uncheck the "embed XML" button...

Have you registered your krpano licences within Autopano Tour?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:10 pm 

Well, many thanks Andrew, I registered the KRPano license, but didn't registered the KRPano Tools one....:(
So now its done, and it works!!!!