Does it matter which Flashplayer is used??  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
HDVR

Does it matter which Flashplayer is used??

by HDVR » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:10 am

Hi all! Urgent question... (though I guess all questions are urgent, aren't they...). We made a promotional production featuring a property. The production is burned on a DVD with an auto play menu and one of the elements is a virtual tour (16 360's). The button 'play virtual tour' is linked to the flash file (opens the flash file)- since it's not web published I didn't use a html template. Everything works fine on our own machines, the customer however is having problems now with several machines already. The tour doesn't play.
We are going over tomorrow to have a look, but does any of you have any suggestions up front? Does it matter which flash player is being used (8, 9 or 10) for example? Can it be that a html-template is required rather than optional?
I'm using beta 6 of APT - love this version since it has the sound file option to play a track under certain 360's. Using different machines, all windows (win 7 and win xp).
Thanks a lot, all suggestions are welcome! Cheers, Linda

wlidha

by wlidha » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:46 am

I think that the problem comes from Flash player: if you open directly a flash, it depends on wich machine you do it:

1- If there is a stand alone flash player or the SWF files are associated with a browser with flashplayer plug-in installed on, you will not have problem.

2- If there is no association with SWF files, the stand alone flash player and the flash plug-in for web browser are not installed, the flash will not launch.

The best solution i found is to embed the flash into a html file (you can put it on full screen) and insert a script that verify if flash player is installed, if the flash plug-in is not installed it will invite the user to install it giving him a link to adobe download website.i had found (google search) and used such script before, i will post it if i find it again.

you can also provide the flash player standalone installer on the DVD and make a link to it on the opening screen with a warning message saying that the VR needs flash to play (interesting for computers with no Internet connection)
Last edited by wlidha on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
HDVR

by HDVR » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:30 am

Wow, thanks! You mention "(you can put it on full screen mode)" after your suggestion to embed into html;- how do I do that? Because having it opening up in a little screen just doesn't look right... If it could straight away open up full screen html would be perfect!

It would be great if you can find that action script to verify flash player and post it.. otherwise any idea where I can find it?

I didn't even know that there is a flash player standalone installer;- we're looking it up 'as we speak'. Thanks a lot for your answers... Linda

no avatar
digipano

by digipano » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:03 am

To my knowledge full screen is not allowed on initial play within flash (security restriction) so you have to use html page & javascript & the page will open up in normal window & "ONLY" then you can press the button full screen & that will run the tour in full screen.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:24 am

Linda,

It may not help on this occasion because you are so far down the road with the current project, but for another time you may find Web Compiler of interest:
http://www.x2net.com/webcompiler/index.htm
Last edited by mediavets on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

wlidha

by wlidha » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:47 am

i remember that for the full screen, I've got something witch looked like using F11 on Firefox, then i used 100% for the high and the width of the flash panorama.
i will search for the script tonight, hope i will find it.
Last edited by wlidha on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

wlidha

by wlidha » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:13 am

to embed a flash file on html, detect the installed version of flash player on client machine and give him alternative solution (link to adobe download website) when requirement is not reached you can use those scripts:

http://code.google.com/p/swfobject/
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/download/detection_kit/
Last edited by wlidha on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

wlidha

by wlidha » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 pm

you can also use this solution, it's not so clean but it can solve your urgent problem :)
1- create a folder on your DVD and put inside the autorun.exe from this archive http://www.doms.net/scripts/autorunf.zip

2- put your swf with the XML file on the same folder, rename them to: index.swf and index.xml (when you launch the autorun.exe it automatically load the index.swf)

3- create a short cut on your opening window to autorun.exe.

to avoid to have the little message at the begining you must buy the full version, it costs less than 2 euros (make tests before with the free version)

EDIT: AFTER TESTS SEEMS NOT WORKING ON MACHINES WITH NO FLASH PLAYER PLUGIN INSTALLED
Last edited by wlidha on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
HDVR

by HDVR » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:54 pm

mediavets wrote:Linda,

It may not help on this occasion because you are so far down the road with the current project, but for another time you may find Web Compiler of interest:
http://www.x2net.com/webcompiler/index.htm

Thanks Andrew... Mayby indeed interesting for the future...

no avatar
HDVR

by HDVR » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 pm

wlidha wrote:you can also use this solution, it's not so clean but it can solve your urgent problem :)
1- create a folder on your DVD and put inside the autorun.exe from this archive http://www.doms.net/scripts/autorunf.zip

2- put your swf with the XML file on the same folder, rename them to: index.swf and index.xml (when you launch the autorun.exe it automatically load the index.swf)

3- create a short cut on your opening window to autorun.exe.

to avoid to have the little message at the begining you must buy the full version, it costs less than 2 euros (make tests before with the free version)

Thanks again;- I had a little go, but it didn't really work (some error message) and besides, we're already using a auorun program. Besides the Virtual tour we're delivering 2 .wmf movies, a pdf doc and a sound file. In de autorun i linked the 'open flash file' to the button as an action. But as we know that doesn;t work on all machines.

I see two easy solutions: 1) use html template - preferably full screen (is still not clear to me how to do that - and no, am not talking abount flash here) and/or 2) Offer flashplayer standalone on the dvd - we're still searching for a good one, any suggestions?

Cheers! Linda

wlidha

by wlidha » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:46 pm

HDVR wrote:I see two easy solutions: 1) use html template - preferably full screen (is still not clear to me how to do that - and no, am not talking abount flash here) and/or 2) Offer flashplayer standalone on the dvd - we're still searching for a good one, any suggestions?

Cheers! Linda

after some searches i discovred a KRpanotool called: kprotect ;
it allows to:

- create protected panos for end users/customers and to protect your work
- create standalone viewers for windows and mac (.exe/.app files)
- embed and encrypt all or only some selected files direct into the swf file
- embed the license
- limit the panorama to specific domains
- set an expire date for the panorama
- create "branding free" panoramas (additional license required!)
- the final version will also allow to encrypt any kind of additional file"

i tested it and think that it works great, but even if the option "fullscreen" is enabled, the viewer starts windowed
to download KRpanotools:
http://krpano.com/download/
the forum dedicated to Kprotect:
http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Board&boardID=37&pageNo=1
Last edited by wlidha on Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
digipano

by digipano » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:13 pm

AS I said earlier full screen restriction are from flash itself bcoz it has been misused in the past.

wlidha

by wlidha » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:57 am

stand alone installer of flash player activ-x :
http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/7023/

stand alone flash player (take the "Projector content debugger" for Mac or PC):
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
Last edited by wlidha on Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

wlidha

by wlidha » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:23 am

digipano wrote:AS I said earlier full screen restriction are from flash itself bcoz it has been misused in the past.

it seems that it's no more possible to open directly (without the permission of the user) IE or Firefox on full-screen mode due to security issues . but it's possible to open them with minimum information (titlel bar):

1- if you want to create a link which open a window on "full-screen" use this script:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex8/window1.htm
2- if you want to create a page which open directly on "full-screen" when loaded, use this one:
http://www.htmlgoodies.com/beyond/dhtml/article.php/3470521

I think that stand alone flash player (not embedded on HTML) permit to launch directly on full screen mode bcause i have lots of flash DVDs (tutorials) and they launch directly on full-screen when inserted. (may be they use old version of flash?)
Last edited by wlidha on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
digipano

by digipano » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:33 am

Yes only few stand alone application can do that, neither the flash projector from adobe nor with html pages can do that.

no avatar
HDVR

by HDVR » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Great information guys, thank you! Since we had to move fast on this one I decided to use a html template custom created - 1280x800 with a graphite border around it... Looks alright and client is happy. They voted against the standalone flashplayer option, afraid that people -if they have to install a separate program to view the VR- will not be bothered.

I'm very interested in the KR Pano stand alone display solution. Have to say that all the KR pano features - especially after the latest release - look amazing and I guess I will have to get into it. So in the next week or two back to school for this girl to learn how to use the KR Pano tools. Might need some help here and there but there's a dedicated forum too I've read so I'll shop around there too. But again, thanks heaps for your contributions...

Return to Archive