Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:02 pm 

Hi all,

I have been using APG for a while to create standard <180 FOV stitched panoramics and am now turning my attention to learing APT that I purchased alongside APG when it upgraded to v2 those many months ago

I've looked through the documentation and the past posts but cannot see an answer to my question, possibly the first of many by the way!

So, question #1 - when I created the stitched panoramic in APG that is intended for a 360 (4 x FE, 1Z and 1N), for the render settings is there an optimum size for the resulting JPG to be output as so that APT will accept it?

I have read about it using only images of 2:1 ratio, hence the question as to what the best dimensions would be or does it not matter what the size is and just ingest the 100% full fat, full sized APG completed rendered image?

Thanks in advance
UK Pano

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:46 pm 

UK Pano wrote:
Hi all,

I have been using APG for a while to create standard <180 FOV stitched panoramics and am now turning my attention to learing APT that I purchased alongside APG when it upgraded to v2 those many months ago

I've looked through the documentation and the past posts but cannot see an answer to my question, possibly the first of many by the way!
So, question #1 - when I created the stitched panoramic in APG that is intended for a 360 (4 x FE, 1Z and 1N), for the render settings is there an optimum size for the resulting JPG to be output as so that APT will accept it?

No, assuming you have an unlimired domains license for krpano then use any size you like - within reason. APT cannot yet handle gigapixel images., but nothing you shoot with a FE is going to be a problem.

If you don't have an unlimited domains license for krpano then APT offers only restricted functionality.

Quote:
I have read about it using only images of 2:1 ratio, hence the question as to what the best dimensions would be or does it not matter what the size is and just ingest the 100% full fat, full sized APG completed rendered image?

See above - but in fact it's not true that APT requires equirectangluar input images. It can handle partial panos. But it does need input images to have a spherical projection.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:58 pm 

Thanks Andrew, very much appreciated. Taking it one step further then, could you recommend some settings for APT when it outputs the SWF so that it has high quality/low file size? Or again is this something that APT just deals with for you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:55 pm 

UK Pano wrote:
Thanks Andrew, very much appreciated. Taking it one step further then, could you recommend some settings for APT when it outputs the SWF so that it has high quality/low file size? Or again is this something that APT just deals with for you?

If you have the unlimited domains license for krpano then it's really rather immaterial because beyond a certain size APT will automatically switch to a multi-res output mode - I'm not sure what the limit at which this happens is.

krpano's multi-res mode, currently unique in a Flash spherical pano viewer, means that the player/viewer will download just the tiles required at any stage for the current FOV (well it's a little more sophisticated than that but this is the basic concept) so that you can display very high res. panos without a problem even on relatively low end hardware (like my old PIII, 1Ghz, 1GB RAM laptop for example). In this way file size really isn't an issue any more.

Here's some more info about multi-res:
http://krpano.com/docu/multires/

And some impressive examples:
http://krpano.com/examples/multires/

Experiment and see how it works for you.

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:21 am 

Hello all.
Sorry for hijacking this Thread ;)

If i want to get the Multires Mode of KRPano to use it with APT and on only one Website, wich License i have to buy?

Edit:
Question is answered: http://www.autopano.net/forum/t8345-which-kr-pano-license

Last edited by MaGue on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:09 am 

Thanks again Andrew.