exportation problem  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
jackLFLB

exportation problem

by jackLFLB » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Hi

I have a problem with the exportation of a pano in APT. My pano is cylindrical, and the swf file shows a spherical tour with narrow proportions...
I tried several times to make it again, but I don't understand where it comes from...

And I don't see where I can upload the file here, to show this strange effect...

gkaefer

by gkaefer » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:55 pm

I have a problem with the exportation of a pano in APT. My pano is cylindrical, and the swf file shows a spherical tour with narrow proportions...

starting APT 1.1.0 beta 7
File->open project (in case you saved your project after creating your tour....)
...otherwise
youve to start again:
File->Add panorama

I tried several times to make it again, but I don't understand where it comes from...

if you add and nonspherical image as panoram (360x180 = pixel 2:1 size dimensios of your pano) than APT obviously assumed a spherical panorama (or you changed the settings while testing) and sets the value under Panorama Properties-> Data field of view to "spherical". Change it to "planar" projection and reexport your tour...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

no avatar
jackLFLB

by jackLFLB » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:49 am

Thank you so much Georg for your answer! In fact I just tried again before answering you, and when I open the pano in APT, It seems already "strange" in the 3D window... Like compressed from each side to the center, with that spherical appearance in the 3d window...

I try again the pano in APG2...

no avatar
jackLFLB

by jackLFLB » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:22 pm

Several trials for the same pano:

rendered in the "tiff" format, then a copy in jpg gives this "strange" effect -> http://jazzclubsavoie.site.voila.fr/salle_bad.html
rendered in the jpg format gives no "srange" effect -> http://jazzclubsavoie.site.voila.fr/salle.html
the pano.jpg -> http://jazzclubsavoie.site.voila.fr/salle.jpg

And I still don't understand...

no avatar
Adrien F

by Adrien F » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:28 am

While exporting in Autopano Pro/Giga your panoramas, we store field of view info in the EXIF info of the picture. When you open and save the picture with another software all those infos are lost. When no info is available, APT assumes it is 360x180, thus the stretching in your first case.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:53 am

jackLFLB wrote:And I don't see where I can upload the file here, to show this strange effect...

Use the Post Reply link - above and to the right of the Quick Post box.

This will give you the option to upload images with a post.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:59 am

jackLFLB wrote:the pano.jpg -> http://jazzclubsavoie.site.voila.fr/salle.jpg

And I still don't understand...

I'm not sure that APT can yet handle pano images rendered with a Cylindrical projection.

You may need to render using a Spherical projection?

Here's the EXIF data that Adrien talks about which describes the pano FOV and so on:

Last edited by mediavets on Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Adrien F

by Adrien F » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:51 am

mediavets wrote:I'm not sure that APT can yet handle pano images rendered with a Cylindrical projection.

Sorry I forget to mention that, thanks mediavets. APT only process spherical panoramas at the moment.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Adrien F wrote:
mediavets wrote:I'm not sure that APT can yet handle pano images rendered with a Cylindrical projection.

Sorry I forget to mention that, thanks mediavets. APT only process spherical panoramas at the moment.

Adrien,

Are there plans to enable APT to process other types of projection? (not that I particularly feel the need for this capability at present).

For example, I believe that krpano is now capable of handling cylindrical projections.; whereas previously I understand that Pano2VR was the only Flash Panorama Viewer able to handle cylindrical projections.
Last edited by mediavets on Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens

no avatar
jackLFLB

by jackLFLB » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:41 pm

Many thanks to you for your explanations, which I hope can profite to others!
In fact,I finally succeded in rendering the cylindrical tour with no "strange" effect.
"While exporting in Autopano Pro/Giga your panoramas, we store field of view info in the EXIF info of the picture. When you open and save the picture with another software all those infos are lost. When no info is available, APT assumes it is 360x180, thus the stretching in your first case." I opened the file in photoshop only.
Well, now I can understand what happened. Thank you again Adrien and Mediavets!!!

Return to Archive