Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:15 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:01 pm 

Hello all,

I am using APT V1.1.0 beta 7 (full license) so that I can incorporate sound. I am on a Mac, Snow Leopard 10.6.2. However I have not once been able to get it to work.  Everything else on the pano file works fine.  Is anyone else having trouble getting sound to work on Mac? All sound files are MP3 -- I have tried different size files, I have tried adding it to singular panoramas, and to the project overall - no dice.

Just a side note, but I would love to be able to add a logo that is larger than 500 pix wide. Ours just happens to be 620 x 60 (so that it goes almost the whole length of the pano window), and the limit seems to be 500 px.

Any help greatly APPRECIATED!!!! Best, Sara

(KRPano Tools are up-to-date: 1.0.8.0.beta 9)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:24 am 

Hi Swoody,

Are you able to post your visit somewhere online ? so we can check what happens ;) By the way you don't need to download KRPano Tools if you use only AutoPano Tour to build your visits :)

Vincèn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 pm 

Swoody wrote:
Hello all,

I am using APT V1.1.0 beta 7 (full license) so that I can incorporate sound. I am on a Mac, Snow Leopard 10.6.2. However I have not once been able to get it to work.  Everything else on the pano file works fine.  Is anyone else having trouble getting sound to work on Mac? All sound files are MP3 -- I have tried different size files, I have tried adding it to singular panoramas, and to the project overall - no dice.

Just a side note, but I would love to be able to add a logo that is larger than 500 pix wide. Ours just happens to be 620 x 60 (so that it goes almost the whole length of the pano window), and the limit seems to be 500 px.

Any help greatly APPRECIATED!!!! Best, Sara

(KRPano Tools are up-to-date: 1.0.8.0.beta 9)

Hi Sara!

Regarding sound: it seems to work only online! Doesn´t work local. So you have to put it all on your server and go via a browser. I had the same problem in the beginning. Posted it here somewhere.

best, KLaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:34 pm 

Hi Sara,

I am working on macbook pro, os 10.6.2 snow, 4 gb ram. I have 8 panos in a tour. I have a folder with 8 mp3 music. I assigned this in each of the pano via the panorama properties (sound). I am working offline with a folder trusted by flash, and it is working fine. Each pano has it's own music. I am not sure yet when this will be compiled via krprotect. I have autopano giga, apt 1.1 beta 7, krpano unlimited license. What is not working in me is the hot spot properties table (interface), as all are grayed and can not input any data. Hope this help.

cheers
manny

Canon EOS20d, 50d, sigma 12-24, samyang 8mm FE, 4GB ram, 2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13.3 Snow 10.6.8, Panosaurus, Nodal Ninja NN3II, AutopanoGiga+PTP, KRPano Unlimited, Photomatix4, onOne PhototoolsPro 2.6 and Perfect Resize 7, Noiseware Pro, Topaz Suite, PS CS5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:41 pm 

klausesser wrote:
Regarding sound: it seems to work only online! Doesn´t work local. So you have to put it all on your server and go via a browser. I had the same problem in the beginning. Posted it here somewhere.

Klaus, did you allow Flash to trust local files ? as it can be the problem ;)

Vincèn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:13 pm 

vincen wrote:
Klaus, did you allow Flash to trust local files ? as it can be the problem ;)

Yes - i´ve had a problem with Flash when used local: settings didn´t store. I´m working on it
Maybe Sara´s the same problem - she also uses SnowLeopard as i do.

Online it worked from the beginning.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 pm 

Thank you all for your responses - I truly do appreciate it! I will try this and see how it goes! :-) Sara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 pm 

Swoody,
I just tried to get sound into APT. It worked fine for me. I'm on a Mac, too running 10.6.2. I don't think that it has to do with the Kr-Pano license. I didn't find an way to enter my license into APT beta7 anyway. You have to have the relevant Kr-Pano license file in the folder containing your tour. This file is the license file for the Kr-Pano Viewer, which has to have the same name as your tour, e.g. Swoody.license if you name your tour Swoody. You can try this link to see my example done with APT http://www.spherorama.de/Antimo/ .

Last edited by spherorama on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:09 pm 

spherorama wrote:
I didn't find an way to enter my license into APT beta7 anyway.

Still the same way as in all previous beta : 'Register' menu, and then 'Register KrPano'

spherorama wrote:
You have to have the relevant Kr-Pano license file in the folder containing your tour. This file is the license file for the Kr-Pano Viewer, which has to have the same name as your tour, e.g. Swoody.license if you name your tour Swoody. You can try this link to see my example done with APT http://www.spherorama.de/Antimo/ .

This looks like a big misunderstanding of the way of using APT with KrPano. APT produces its own krpano player with the licence you provide.
You DO NOT have to download krpano from his website at any moment, nor provide a valid licence with every visit you make. This is very prejudiciable to krpano (and to you) because you put online, for free, and for anyone on the internet, a valid krpano player with the full licence you bought!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:51 pm 

Adrien F wrote:
spherorama wrote:
I didn't find an way to enter my license into APT beta7 anyway.

Still the same way as in all previous beta : 'Register' menu, and then 'Register KrPano'

spherorama wrote:
You have to have the relevant Kr-Pano license file in the folder containing your tour. This file is the license file for the Kr-Pano Viewer, which has to have the same name as your tour, e.g. Swoody.license if you name your tour Swoody. You can try this link to see my example done with APT http://www.spherorama.de/Antimo/ .

This looks like a big misunderstanding of the way of using APT with KrPano. APT produces its own krpano player with the licence you provide.
You DO NOT have to download krpano from his website at any moment, nor provide a valid licence with every visit you make. This is very prejudiciable to krpano (and to you) because you put online, for free, and for anyone on the internet, a valid krpano player with the full licence you bought!

With other words: better put no license on the server? It´s a bit confusing . . .

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 am 

This goes off topic but : yes, better put no licence on the server. At least if you build your visits with APT it is useless, as we embed your licence into the player, even if you modify xml later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 am 

Adrien I entered my KrPano tools license which worked pretty well. But APT refuses to take my KrPano viewer license (for 2 domains). So I still have no choice. I have to put the license file for the viewer online.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:02 am 

spherorama wrote:
Adrien I entered my KrPano tools license which worked pretty well. But APT refuses to take my KrPano viewer license (for 2 domains). So I still have no choice. I have to put the license file for the viewer online.

As Adrien has already explained, and as described in all APT descriptive material, APT only works with the unlimited domains krpano license to enable full functionality.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am 

Thanks for pointing it out to me. I can life with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:58 pm 

Hello all - I am BACK! I am ready to start incorporating SOUND again - however NOW I cannot even get the Sound option (within APT V1.1.0 beta 7- full license) to be active. It is GRAYED OUT. No idea what I am doing wrong. Looking forward to there - one day - being a good solid MANUEL to access online about the Tour features, beta or otherwise. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.3

best,
Sara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:00 pm 

Swoody wrote:
Hello all - I am BACK! I am ready to start incorporating SOUND again - however NOW I cannot even get the Sound option (within APT V1.1.0 beta 7- full license) to be active. It is GRAYED OUT. No idea what I am doing wrong. Looking forward to there - one day - being a good solid MANUEL to access online about the Tour features, beta or otherwise. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.3

best,
Sara

Have you registered your krpano licenses with APT?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:04 pm 

Yes - I registered waaay back when we originally order the software. I was wondering if this is the issue. No clue as to why my registration would now be invalid. sigh.....

When I open the software, it does say: Registered to: xxxxx, so it does recognize it....but acts like it doesn't

Last edited by Swoody on Thu May 06, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:19 pm 

Swoody wrote:
When I open the software, it does say: Registered to: xxxxx, so it does recognize it....but acts like it doesn't

I'm not talking about registration of APT but of your krpano licenses within APT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm 

I have done all this before. Went through again and re-directed to the license files. Works now - THANK YOU!