Sound does not work with Mac, APT V1.1.0 beta 7 - any HELP please!  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
User avatar
Swoody
Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

Sound does not work with Mac, APT V1.1.0 beta 7 - any HELP please!

by Swoody » Mon Feb 22, 2010 5:01 pm

Hello all,

I am using APT V1.1.0 beta 7 (full license) so that I can incorporate sound. I am on a Mac, Snow Leopard 10.6.2. However I have not once been able to get it to work.  Everything else on the pano file works fine.  Is anyone else having trouble getting sound to work on Mac? All sound files are MP3 -- I have tried different size files, I have tried adding it to singular panoramas, and to the project overall - no dice.

Just a side note, but I would love to be able to add a logo that is larger than 500 pix wide. Ours just happens to be 620 x 60 (so that it goes almost the whole length of the pano window), and the limit seems to be 500 px.

Any help greatly APPRECIATED!!!! Best, Sara

(KRPano Tools are up-to-date: 1.0.8.0.beta 9)
Mac Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 12 Gb RAM (OS 10.6.4) APT V1.1 beta 11 (Autopano Giga + Krpano license)

User avatar
vincen
Member
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Grenoble, France

by vincen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:24 am

Hi Swoody,

Are you able to post your visit somewhere online ? so we can check what happens ;) By the way you don't need to download KRPano Tools if you use only AutoPano Tour to build your visits :)

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
My shop for panoramic photographs: http://magasin.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Swoody wrote:Hello all,

I am using APT V1.1.0 beta 7 (full license) so that I can incorporate sound. I am on a Mac, Snow Leopard 10.6.2. However I have not once been able to get it to work.  Everything else on the pano file works fine.  Is anyone else having trouble getting sound to work on Mac? All sound files are MP3 -- I have tried different size files, I have tried adding it to singular panoramas, and to the project overall - no dice.

Just a side note, but I would love to be able to add a logo that is larger than 500 pix wide. Ours just happens to be 620 x 60 (so that it goes almost the whole length of the pano window), and the limit seems to be 500 px.

Any help greatly APPRECIATED!!!! Best, Sara

(KRPano Tools are up-to-date: 1.0.8.0.beta 9)

Hi Sara!

Regarding sound: it seems to work only online! Doesn´t work local. So you have to put it all on your server and go via a browser. I had the same problem in the beginning. Posted it here somewhere.

best, KLaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
manuel rosario
Member
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:50 pm
Location: Philippines

by manuel rosario » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:34 pm

Hi Sara,

I am working on macbook pro, os 10.6.2 snow, 4 gb ram. I have 8 panos in a tour. I have a folder with 8 mp3 music. I assigned this in each of the pano via the panorama properties (sound). I am working offline with a folder trusted by flash, and it is working fine. Each pano has it's own music. I am not sure yet when this will be compiled via krprotect. I have autopano giga, apt 1.1 beta 7, krpano unlimited license. What is not working in me is the hot spot properties table (interface), as all are grayed and can not input any data. Hope this help.

cheers
manny
Canon EOS20d, 50d, sigma 12-24, samyang 8mm FE, 4GB ram, 2.53 GHz MacBook Pro 13.3 Snow 10.6.8, Panosaurus, Nodal Ninja NN3II, AutopanoGiga+PTP, KRPano Unlimited, Photomatix4, onOne PhototoolsPro 2.6 and Perfect Resize 7, Noiseware Pro, Topaz Suite, PS CS5.

User avatar
vincen
Member
 
Posts: 854
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 am
Location: Grenoble, France

by vincen » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:41 pm

klausesser wrote:Regarding sound: it seems to work only online! Doesn´t work local. So you have to put it all on your server and go via a browser. I had the same problem in the beginning. Posted it here somewhere.

Klaus, did you allow Flash to trust local files ? as it can be the problem ;)

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
My shop for panoramic photographs: http://magasin.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:13 pm

vincen wrote:Klaus, did you allow Flash to trust local files ? as it can be the problem ;)

Yes - i´ve had a problem with Flash when used local: settings didn´t store. I´m working on it
Maybe Sara´s the same problem - she also uses SnowLeopard as i do.

Online it worked from the beginning.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

User avatar
Swoody
Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

by Swoody » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Thank you all for your responses - I truly do appreciate it! I will try this and see how it goes! :-) Sara
Mac Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 12 Gb RAM (OS 10.6.4) APT V1.1 beta 11 (Autopano Giga + Krpano license)

User avatar
spherorama
Member
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:15 am

by spherorama » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 pm

Swoody,
I just tried to get sound into APT. It worked fine for me. I'm on a Mac, too running 10.6.2. I don't think that it has to do with the Kr-Pano license. I didn't find an way to enter my license into APT beta7 anyway. You have to have the relevant Kr-Pano license file in the folder containing your tour. This file is the license file for the Kr-Pano Viewer, which has to have the same name as your tour, e.g. Swoody.license if you name your tour Swoody. You can try this link to see my example done with APT http://www.spherorama.de/Antimo/ .
Last edited by spherorama on Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuji Finepix S2. Fuji Finepix S5, Nikon D700, Pro Nikon D800, Novoflex Panohead VR System Pro, Samyang Fisheye 8mm shaved, Sigma 12-24mm, Nikkor 14-24 1:2,8 G ED, Nikon 35-70mm, Nikon 20 mm 1:2,8
Nikon 180mm 1:2,8, Nikon Macro 60 mm 1:2,8, Zeiss Hasselblad Tele Tessar 8/500 with adapter for Nikon, MK-PanoMachine 5.0 HS, GigaPan Epic Pro

no avatar
Adrien F
Member
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 am

by Adrien F » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:09 pm

spherorama wrote:I didn't find an way to enter my license into APT beta7 anyway.

Still the same way as in all previous beta : 'Register' menu, and then 'Register KrPano'

spherorama wrote:You have to have the relevant Kr-Pano license file in the folder containing your tour. This file is the license file for the Kr-Pano Viewer, which has to have the same name as your tour, e.g. Swoody.license if you name your tour Swoody. You can try this link to see my example done with APT http://www.spherorama.de/Antimo/ .

This looks like a big misunderstanding of the way of using APT with KrPano. APT produces its own krpano player with the licence you provide.
You DO NOT have to download krpano from his website at any moment, nor provide a valid licence with every visit you make. This is very prejudiciable to krpano (and to you) because you put online, for free, and for anyone on the internet, a valid krpano player with the full licence you bought!

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Adrien F wrote:
spherorama wrote:I didn't find an way to enter my license into APT beta7 anyway.

Still the same way as in all previous beta : 'Register' menu, and then 'Register KrPano'

spherorama wrote:You have to have the relevant Kr-Pano license file in the folder containing your tour. This file is the license file for the Kr-Pano Viewer, which has to have the same name as your tour, e.g. Swoody.license if you name your tour Swoody. You can try this link to see my example done with APT http://www.spherorama.de/Antimo/ .

This looks like a big misunderstanding of the way of using APT with KrPano. APT produces its own krpano player with the licence you provide.
You DO NOT have to download krpano from his website at any moment, nor provide a valid licence with every visit you make. This is very prejudiciable to krpano (and to you) because you put online, for free, and for anyone on the internet, a valid krpano player with the full licence you bought!

With other words: better put no license on the server? It´s a bit confusing . . .

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Adrien F
Member
 
Posts: 264
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 am

by Adrien F » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:19 am

This goes off topic but : yes, better put no licence on the server. At least if you build your visits with APT it is useless, as we embed your licence into the player, even if you modify xml later.

User avatar
spherorama
Member
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:15 am

by spherorama » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 am

Adrien I entered my KrPano tools license which worked pretty well. But APT refuses to take my KrPano viewer license (for 2 domains). So I still have no choice. I have to put the license file for the viewer online.
Fuji Finepix S2. Fuji Finepix S5, Nikon D700, Pro Nikon D800, Novoflex Panohead VR System Pro, Samyang Fisheye 8mm shaved, Sigma 12-24mm, Nikkor 14-24 1:2,8 G ED, Nikon 35-70mm, Nikon 20 mm 1:2,8
Nikon 180mm 1:2,8, Nikon Macro 60 mm 1:2,8, Zeiss Hasselblad Tele Tessar 8/500 with adapter for Nikon, MK-PanoMachine 5.0 HS, GigaPan Epic Pro

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

by mediavets » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:02 am

spherorama wrote:Adrien I entered my KrPano tools license which worked pretty well. But APT refuses to take my KrPano viewer license (for 2 domains). So I still have no choice. I have to put the license file for the viewer online.

As Adrien has already explained, and as described in all APT descriptive material, APT only works with the unlimited domains krpano license to enable full functionality.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

User avatar
spherorama
Member
 
Posts: 125
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:15 am

by spherorama » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am

Thanks for pointing it out to me. I can life with it.
Fuji Finepix S2. Fuji Finepix S5, Nikon D700, Pro Nikon D800, Novoflex Panohead VR System Pro, Samyang Fisheye 8mm shaved, Sigma 12-24mm, Nikkor 14-24 1:2,8 G ED, Nikon 35-70mm, Nikon 20 mm 1:2,8
Nikon 180mm 1:2,8, Nikon Macro 60 mm 1:2,8, Zeiss Hasselblad Tele Tessar 8/500 with adapter for Nikon, MK-PanoMachine 5.0 HS, GigaPan Epic Pro

User avatar
Swoody
Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

by Swoody » Thu May 06, 2010 5:58 pm

Hello all - I am BACK! I am ready to start incorporating SOUND again - however NOW I cannot even get the Sound option (within APT V1.1.0 beta 7- full license) to be active. It is GRAYED OUT. No idea what I am doing wrong. Looking forward to there - one day - being a good solid MANUEL to access online about the Tour features, beta or otherwise. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.3

best,
Sara
Mac Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 12 Gb RAM (OS 10.6.4) APT V1.1 beta 11 (Autopano Giga + Krpano license)

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

by mediavets » Thu May 06, 2010 8:00 pm

Swoody wrote:Hello all - I am BACK! I am ready to start incorporating SOUND again - however NOW I cannot even get the Sound option (within APT V1.1.0 beta 7- full license) to be active. It is GRAYED OUT. No idea what I am doing wrong. Looking forward to there - one day - being a good solid MANUEL to access online about the Tour features, beta or otherwise. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Mac Snow Leopard 10.6.3

best,
Sara

Have you registered your krpano licenses with APT?:


Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

User avatar
Swoody
Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

by Swoody » Thu May 06, 2010 9:04 pm

Yes - I registered waaay back when we originally order the software. I was wondering if this is the issue. No clue as to why my registration would now be invalid. sigh.....

When I open the software, it does say: Registered to: xxxxx, so it does recognize it....but acts like it doesn't
Last edited by Swoody on Thu May 06, 2010 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mac Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 12 Gb RAM (OS 10.6.4) APT V1.1 beta 11 (Autopano Giga + Krpano license)

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14272
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

by mediavets » Thu May 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Swoody wrote:When I open the software, it does say: Registered to: xxxxx, so it does recognize it....but acts like it doesn't

I'm not talking about registration of APT but of your krpano licenses within APT.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

User avatar
Swoody
Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:39 pm
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina

by Swoody » Thu May 06, 2010 9:31 pm

I have done all this before. Went through again and re-directed to the license files. Works now - THANK YOU!
Mac Dual-Core Intel Xeon, 12 Gb RAM (OS 10.6.4) APT V1.1 beta 11 (Autopano Giga + Krpano license)


Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest