Setting Speed, FOV Limits.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Marv

Setting Speed, FOV Limits.

by Marv » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:21 pm

I just made my first full spear VT, and it's great, but I need to limit:
1. The FOV to no more back than about the tripod location. I found the control, What's a good starting point?
2. Limit rotation speed. Where the control?
3. Limit the zoom speed. Where is the control?

Thanks Marv.
Marv...

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 pm

Marv,

1. Not sure I understand what you wish to be able to do.

2. There is no control within the APT GUI - you'll have to hand edit the XML that APT generates.

3. There is no control within the APT GUI - you'll have to hand edit the XML that APT generates.

You need a krpano unlimited domains license to enable externalisation of the XML that APT generates to allow further hand editing of the XML files.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Marv

by Marv » Sat Feb 20, 2010 1:38 am

Andrew, thanks for the info.
Editing the XML is not for me, I'm not into code.

Marv.
Marv...

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

no avatar
mediavets

by mediavets » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:20 am

Marv wrote:Andrew, thanks for the info.
Editing the XML is not for me, I'm not into code.

Marv.

Nor am I 'into code'. Whilst it's not quite 'rocket science', to my mind if you have to delve into the XML it kind of misses the point of having a GUI front-end/XML generator for krpano.

It has always been my understanding that the key purpose/goal of APT is to enable people to produce virtual tours for the krpano panorama viewer without having to understand the XML stuff.

APT is 'the new kid on the block' and still very much in development, but if it remains the case that rather basic functionality, such as the features you seek, (which AFAIK can be set via the Pano2VR and Flashificator GUIs for Pano2VR and Flash Panorama Player respectively) can only be obtained by editing the XML then I would have to conclude that APT has failed to meet the developers' declared goals.

I am disappointed when it seems that every rather basic feature request is met with the response 'you can always hand edit the XML'. I can accept that given the exceptional depth of functionality offered by krpano, and the rate at which new features are added, that not every feature and capability can be made available via the APT GUI but I do feel that APT should at least match the most commonly used basic capabilities/features of established competitors if it is to be an acceptable alternative.

There's no doubting that APT is easy to use, but IMO it just doesn't yet do enough and I feel as if I'm too often having to make excuses for its current shortcomings when responding to posts on this and other forums.

You may like to make a request for the addition of the features you seek in the APT GUI - they are desirable and 'sensible' features that many others would like to see made available in APT:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/f24-the-future

I find the inability to set viewing limits the most frustrating inadequacy of APT currently.

That's my rant for the day........
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Marv

by Marv » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:03 pm

Andrew, Done.

Marv.
Marv...

no avatar
digipano

by digipano » Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:05 am

I understand the frustration with limited GUI, though its labeled as BETA (feature under development & may have bugs) but there is no time frame known to us when will APT be out of beta & when will be all the "reasonable required features" to make tours be integrated in it. The speed of development needs to be 10x faster at least...................but that's just my wish.
Last edited by digipano on Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Marv

by Marv » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:30 pm

I spent weeks/months checking out all the Pano programs, and while some had some nice features, including autodesk which makes great programs and support... APT seemed to be to best overall and decitated to make it the best. Their reply to my inquire email as to where they were headed and how they were addressing some of the very issues I saw as needing addressed in Pano shooting... covinced me to go with AP.
That said... The form is great... but for basic "How do I, and what does this control do"... not as great or as frustrating as a having a manual. (I was under the impression one was forth comming). And I might add... another manual on taking proper Panos and Null points, etc. (I'm still trying to figure out how you put in the top and bottom images.)

I think AP has a great program if one can be patient to suffer though the development, and hopefully... a manual!

Marv.
Marv...

Return to Archive