Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:45 pm 

Hello! I am very new to this, so I apologize if this is perhaps an elementary question, but it is not clear to me at all.

Is there any way to add SOUND to a tour? Especially one that will play at the same time (as opposed to a hotspot)

I found a post here that discussed it briefly (http://www.autopano.net/forum/t7317-adding-sound-files-with-autopano-tour) , but it is 2 years old, and is talking about something I know absolutely nothing about and do not see much information about. Can anyone clarify how we are supposed to be using these APT betas? Is that the only way?

I am using Autopana Tour 1.0.6.0, full license

Thanks in advance! Sara

Last edited by Swoody on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:58 pm 

Welcome to the forum.

Are you using the latest beta of APT - APT V1.1 beta 7:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t7116-apt-v1.1-beta

This offers the options of adding sound 'per project' and 'per panorama' as these screenshots show.

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:37 pm 

HI, and thank you for the fast response!

So, we do not naturally have this full functionality, even if we have the full license? I guess (off the bat) I am confused as to why I have to use the Beta?

I downloaded this, and sure enough - there is a place to input sound! However, it does not work. When I output, NO SOUND. Also, adding one's logo is no longer intuitive. what used to fit perfectly is now TINY. and I can't add the size in pixels it doesn't go over 100 px width. Choosing 100% made it cover everything. ??????

Any help greatly GREATLY appreciated, as I am trying to meet a deadline. I really wish this was more intuitive

Last edited by Swoody on Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:30 pm 

Swoody wrote:
HI, and thank you for the fast response!

So, we do not naturally have this full functionality, even if we have the full license? I guess (off the bat) I am confused as to why I have to use the Beta?

Because you want to use the latest version of the software! The author of krpano keeps adding new features and functions and APT evoves 'in parallel' to make use of them So you need matching up to date software.

Quote:
I downloaded this, and sure enough - there is a place to input sound! However, it does not work. When I output, NO SOUND. Also, adding one's logo is no longer intuitive. what used to fit perfectly is now TINY. and I can't add the size in pixels it doesn't go over 100 px width. Choosing 100% made it cover everything. ??????

Any help greatly GREATLY appreciated, as I am trying to meet a deadline. I really wish this was more intuitive

It all works for me - sound per project, sound per pano, logo with width, and height, of over 100 pixels...

I suspect you need to update your krpano/krpanotools.

Are you running on Windows or Mac?

What does your setup look like - use APT Help/About - here's what mine shows:

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:38 pm 

My KRPano Tools are 1.0.8.0.beta 9, same as yours. I am on a Mac, Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

Thank you, thank you thank you. I am desperate to make this work. I cannot find any info about adding sound on the forums regarding the beta. It is an MP3, so nothing unusual. I did notice it did not embed the sound file like everything else (I have to embed all my data and XML so they work in Google Earth)

Last edited by Swoody on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:44 pm 

Could it be that it doesn't recognize me as a license user? For some reason that REgister tab never goes away, but it did when I was using the other version. ??? Here's what my license window looks like (attached)

Am I supposed to have some sound plug -in ?? Aahhhh!

Last edited by Swoody on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:47 pm 

Swoody wrote:
My KRPano Tools are 1.0.8.0.beta 9, same as yours. I am on a Mac, Snow Leopard 10.6.2.

I am on Windows 2000 and XP.

Quote:
Thank you, thank you thank you. I am desperate to make this work. I cannot find any info about adding sound on the forums regarding the beta. It is an MP3, so nothing unusual.

What is the file size of your MP3?
Quote:
I did notice it did not embed the sound file like everything else

Sound files are never embedded - it's a 'Flash thing' - or so I read somewhere on the krpano forum ...
Quote:
I have to embed all my data and XML so they work in Google Earth)

Where does that leave you if you cannot embed the sound files?
Can you say/show more about what you mean by 'work in Google Earth'?

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:55 pm 

My MP3 is 1.2 Mb. What I am trying to do is create a "fly-through" tour in Google Earth. You can use all sort of HTML code and flash in Google Earth, but PC users cannot see my virtual tour files when I add them (Mac has no problem)....so I've had to devise a work around, and it only works if I embed all data. I don't know much about Flash, so I am really learning on-the-fly. Having both the sound file as a separate flash and Virtual panorama as flash is causing problems, so I am trying to figure out how to already have the sound as part of the pano so they run together. Does that make sense? :-P Thanks again for your help, I am most appreciative! Sara

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:56 pm 

Swoody wrote:
Could it be that it doesn't recognize me as a license user? For some reason that REgister tab never goes away, but it did when I was using the other version. ??? Here's what my license window looks like (attached)

That's all just the same as mine. So seems OK to me.

Quote:
Am I supposed to have some sound plug -in ?? Aahhhh!

No, that's part of the krpano tools stuff that is used by APT. So if you have krpanotools installed and you say you have then it should all be there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:00 pm 

Swoody wrote:
My MP3 is 1.2 Mb. What I am trying to do is create a "fly-through" tour in Google Earth. You can use all sort of HTML code and flash in Google Earth, but PC users cannot see my virtual tour files when I add them (Mac has no problem)....so I've had to devise a work around, and it only works if I embed all data. I don't know much about Flash, so I am really learning on-the-fly. Having both the sound file as a separate flash and Virtual panorama as flash is causing problems, so I am trying to figure out how to already have the sound as part of the pano so they run together. Does that make sense? :-P Thanks again for your help, I am most appreciative! Sara

I know nothing about Flash programming and very little about Google Earth so I don't think I can be of much more assistance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 pm 

Well, my problem here with sound doesn't have anything to do with Google Earth or flash - I haven't gotten that far yet - it has to do with these new "sound-included panos" through this beta. I cannot get sound to work

I just can't get sound to work right out of Autopano Tour. Anybody have any suggestions - HELP, please??

I will say that I cannot find any soundinterface.swf on my computer - maybe that is my problem ???

Last edited by Swoody on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:26 pm 

You know that the sound will not start to play until the entire initial pano has loaded? 1.2MB seems to me like a pretty big MP3 file for on-line downloading to accompany a pano/virtual tour.

Working with APT on Windows 2000 and XP, the sound stuff - both per project and per pano - works fine for me whether I check 'Embed all data' and 'Embed XML file' or not.

May I suggest you start again with a new tour and see if that resolves things.

I've seen others report that this has sometimes resolved 'inexplicable' problems with APT.

I know that Klaus Esser - http://www.autopano.net/forum/profile.php?id=215 - runs APT on a Mac and is using sound with APT. Why not send him a message to see if he can help?

Last edited by mediavets on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 pm 

Thank you, Andrew - I will try that!! And thanks for Klaus reference. :-) sara