Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:54 pm 

I am using Autopano Tour to create a way of tagging important data inside the pano, My problem is that I can't seem to find a way of linking PDF's or other non-image data.
Being able to link PDF's that are blue prints, to have a hot spot that opens a PDF document would be great, only as of yet I have not been able to do so.
I have had advise telling me that this is possible but I have not seen any documentation showing how this is done.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:25 pm 

Robert Dampier wrote:
I am using Autopano Tour to create a way of tagging important data inside the pano, My problem is that I can't seem to find a way of linking PDF's or other non-image data.
Being able to link PDF's that are blue prints, to have a hot spot that opens a PDF document would be great, only as of yet I have not been able to do so.
I have had advise telling me that this is possible but I have not seen any documentation showing how this is done.

??? you mean placing a hotspot and clicking on that hotspot opens the linked pdf?
something like this:
http://www.burgspiele-salzburg.at/Galerie/Panorama/panos-guenther/pano-01/pano-01.html
click on the hotspot in the mirror...

this is done with APT 1.1.0beta7
adding point hotspot in hotspot editor
and in hotspot properties Link->URL I placed the link to pdf, in this case test I took auto pano pdf manual via ftp link...

hotspots can be individually adopted:
see my example in the resource wiki...:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/action/view/APT_resources_hotspots

PS: and with krpano unlimited domain license you've access to the xml files, than you can edit xmls individually:
http://www.krpano.com/docu/xml/#hotspot

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:40 pm 

Robert Dampier wrote:

Specify the PDF file as the target of a URL link for a point hotspot - here's a simple example, two point hotspots, one links to a Web page the other to a PDF file:
http://www.three60views.org.uk/hotspotpdf/hotspot-test-05.html

Is this what you are trying to do?

Screenshot shows the syntax of the URL.

Last edited by mediavets on Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:26 pm 

Thanks for the advise that was quick, it worked perfectly for me, I got the pdf to link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:35 am 

Hello!
I've been using Autopano Giga and Autopano tour for a while, but just registered... I have the same problem and the instructions are sure simple. But the hotspot link doesn't work. My version of Tour is 1.1.0 beta 7

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:04 am 

What exactly is the problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:48 am 

I have inserted the hotspot and linked it to a pdf file that is publically available in the internet using the URL row and address like http://www.someurl.com/somefile.pdf (no tags)
When I make the swf file, the link is there, but nothing happens when I click it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:16 am 

pirpana wrote:
I have inserted the hotspot and linked it to a pdf file that is publically available in the internet using the URL row and address like http://www.someurl.com/somefile.pdf (no tags)
When I make the swf file, the link is there, but nothing happens when I click it.

can you make a test: use directly your browser to open the file,(putting the adress of the PDF file on the adressbar of your browser)
if the PDF dont load, probably you have a problem with the file, the adress or your configuration (PDF reader not installed or not associated with the browser).

Last edited by wlidha on Thu May 06, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:53 am 

pirpana wrote:

My experience is that it may not work if you run the tour on your PC locally but it should work when you put the tour on-line.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu May 06, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:02 am 

Ok, that may be the problem as the pdf opens from the URL online. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 12:47 pm 

thanks mediavets it solved my problem too