Using Standard images to give more info  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
cptpicard
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 22
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:16 pm
Info

Using Standard images to give more info

by cptpicard » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:47 am

I have several panoramics that I'm using for a complete virtual tour. I wondered whether it was possible to have normal NON 3D images which you can use to provide more information about a particular object. For example, I have a VT of the inside of a building. I would like to create hotspots for particular objects which link to a normal image. When you click on this hotspot, it would zoom into the image and give you a detailed description of it. If this is not currently possible using this software, I think it would be a really useful feature.

Is there any way I can do this? Or would I need to purchase some other software?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cpt.
Last edited by cptpicard on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:26 pm

cptpicard wrote:Is there any way I can do this? Or would I need to purchase some other software?

You can do it using APT in combination with the KRPano tools for fine-tuning/editing what APT spits out.

You need to have equirectangular images to feed to APT.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
cptpicard
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 22
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:16 pm
Info

by cptpicard » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Klaus - is that something I have to pay for as an extra. I've currently got just the APT without the unlimited license version - Not sure the difference actually!

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

by mediavets » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:07 pm

cptpicard wrote:I have several panoramics that I'm using for a complete virtual tour. I wondered whether it was possible to have normal NON 3D images which you can use to provide more information about a particular object. For example, I have a VT of the inside of a building. I would like to create hotspots for particular objects which link to a normal image. When you click on this hotspot, it would zoom into the image and give you a detailed description of it. If this is not currently possible using this software, I think it would be a really useful feature.

Is there any way I can do this? Or would I need to purchase some other software?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Cpt.

I agree a specific function/feature exactly like that would be nice - I'd call it an Information hotspot type.

In the meantime you may be able to get something close to that by defining the target of a point hotspot link as 'HTML' or 'Object'.

Try it and see whether this may be 'good enough' for now.

BTW I assume you are using the latest beta of APT - V1.1 beta 7?:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t7116-apt-v1.1-beta


Last edited by mediavets on Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

by mediavets » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:11 pm

cptpicard wrote:Hi Klaus - is that something I have to pay for as an extra. I've currently got just the APT without the unlimited license version - Not sure the difference actually!

You need a krpano unlimited domains license to externalise the XML APT generates for futher hand editing.

IMO, APT is really quite limited without a krpano unlimited domains license.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
cptpicard
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 22
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:16 pm
Info

by cptpicard » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Mediavets - I wasn't, but now I've downloaded it and this works ok. I think I may need to also purchase the unlimited license as you mentioned to have greater control.

Thanks for your help.
Cpt.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron