APT 1.1.0 beta 7 - map - default behaviour  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Take a look at the way thumbnails work in first pano of the tour - 3rd down on this page:
http://blog.panedia.com/2009/09/23/surfers-paradise-dust-storm/

I like the way a larger version of the thumbnail is display on mouse over of the small version.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
digipano

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by digipano » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:08 am

Yes I mean the point hotspots which blink & the link you posted is an excellent example of user friendly navigation & that too done with pano2vr...........great.

Things I liked
The small image is static & can open in full screen,
it gives you option to start the tour,
the thumbnail has on hover function which also stops the tour rotation,
the map is an excellent example of showcasing.

Thanks for sharing.
Last edited by digipano on Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Adrien F

Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Adrien F » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:03 pm

There are a lot of reaction about thumbnail and map features in this thread so let me explain a bit about this.

First, don't forget we are dealing with a beta version. This means features are subject to changes from one version to the other and almost no documentation can be done. The initial position of thumbnail was changed and it was not written in change log of this beta version, we apologize for this.

The thumbnail is still a work in progress feature. We are conscious of its problems and are working on different possible solution, we currently have an internal version which works better (no overlapping of pictures, whichever size of window you use, given reasonable width of thumbnail). It will be released in for beta 8.

You are not talking to yourselves! :) We read the forum daily and note your ideas and bugs for future development. Even if it was not intended, I am pleased to see all your constructive reactions, they will be taken into consideration. I invite all readers of this forum to say what they think (in a related topic ;) ), APT development is very community driven.

One may think there was not that much change between beta 6 and beta 7. For end user it is not obvious to imagine all the development it may require to implement a simple feature. In this case it was the way we handle selection of pano and hotspots in APT. We had to rethink the whole thing to allow multiple selection/delete in the spot editor area.

I've seen a lot of interesting thumbnails in the links you posted. For the moment we will stay with the one we provide. But it is not excluded that we propose different thumbnail templates in the future. The thing is : there is no thumbnail which can please everyone. But don't forget that there always is the possibility to tune everything in the xml. We try to make readable and easily modifiable krpano code. We will also try to comment our krpano actions and plugins in the xml file.

For those who are not satisfied with the current thumbnail and map behavior in its actual form and want to modify the xml:
the action to open the thumbnail is [font= monospaced]slide_action_in[/font], and you can close it with [font= monospaced]slide_action_out[/font]. You can play with this and the WAIT() krpano action to make it the way you want at loading time;
[font= monospaced]magnify[/font] and [font= monospaced]lie[/font] actions are used when mouse hover a thumbnail preview and go out of it.
the actions for the map are [font= monospaced]openmap[/font] and [font= monospaced]closemap[/font];
The rest is krpano coding...

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:22 pm

Adrien,
It's good to know that someone is 'listening'.........I do hope you can accept my comments and criticisms as positive feedback. I just want APT to be/get better - if I didn't care I'd not bother to comment.

APT has come a long way since it's first release, it is really quite usable now, and rather more powerful than it may seem at first glance. But of course the more it can do the still more I want....and the thumbnail feature is one area that I'd particularly like to see further developed because it seems to be such a key aspect of current fashions in VT navigation. Many of the changes/enhancements I'd like to see are probably more 'cosmetic' than 'technical'.

Adrien F wrote:I've seen a lot of interesting thumbnails in the links you posted. For the moment we will stay with the one we provide. But it is not excluded that we propose different thumbnail templates in the future. The thing is : there is no thumbnail which can please everyone.

True - that's why it could be good to offer a choice of thumbnail 'styles' - a way of having APT handle different styles, and perhaps incorporate tunable parameters for each of them too; and away for users to add more 'styles' to the 'library of styles', either made by themselves or contributed by others.

Do you think any of this is possible?

But don't forget that there always is the possibility to tune everything in the xml.

True - but I fear that the majority of users to whom APT would most appeal are unlikley to be people who'd wish to delve into the XML.

We try to make readable and easily modifiable krpano code. We will also try to comment our krpano actions and plugins in the xml file.

That would help enormously of course.

For those who are not satisfied with the current thumbnail and map behavior in its actual form and want to modify the xml:
the action to open the thumbnail is [font= monospaced]slide_action_in[/font], and you can close it with [font= monospaced]slide_action_out[/font]. You can play with this and the WAIT() krpano action to make it the way you want at loading time;
[font= monospaced]magnify[/font] and [font= monospaced]lie[/font] actions are used when mouse hover a thumbnail preview and go out of it.
the actions for the map are [font= monospaced]openmap[/font] and [font= monospaced]closemap[/font];

Thanks for those hints and tips...
Last edited by mediavets on Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

gkaefer

Topic author
Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:02 am

Adrien F wrote:For those who are not satisfied with the current thumbnail and map behavior in its actual form and want to modify the xml:

Adrien,
thanks for your mail. Additional some prctise... ;-)

the default APT 1.1.0 beta 7 behavior is an open map with blinking hotspot (if set) and first click closes the map to 5% and hotspots are disabled (not shown, not blinking)
the dimensions of the open map can be set within APT in x,y pixels or in % in width and heigth. If one % value is set and the other value is set to 0% than this will keep proportions.

the default map output located within the <krpano></krpano> block of the xml file (in my example I set map size to 30%, so APT sets initial width and open map size to 30%:

Code: Select all
<plugin name="map" url="test-mapdata/map/map.jpg" keep="true" align="lefttop" x="10" y="10" width="30%" height="prop" handcursor="false" onclick="action(closemap);"/>
    <plugin keep="true" name="mapspot0" blingRepeat="false" onloaded="selectmapspot(mapspot0);" onclick="loadpano(test-map0.xml);selectmapspot(mapspot0);" url="test-mapdata/graphics/spots/spot0.png" align="lefttop" edge="center" parent="map" x="45.7143%" y="16.1215%"/>
    <action name="showmapspot">set(plugin[mapspot0].alpha,0);set(plugin[mapspot0].visible,true);tween(plugin[mapspot0].alpha,1);</action>
    <action name="hidemapspot">set(plugin[mapspot0].visible,false);</action>
    <action name="closemap">action(hidemapspot);set(plugin[map].onclick,action(openmap););tween(plugin[map].width,5%);</action>
    <action name="openmap">set(plugin[map].onclick,action(closemap););tween(plugin[map].width, 30%, 0.5, easeoutquad, action(showmapspot););</action>
    <action name="unselectmapspots">
        set(plugin[mapspot0].blingRepeat,false);
        action(reset,mapspot0);</action>
    <action name="selectmapspot">
        action(unselectmapspots);
        set(plugin[%1].blingRepeat,true);
        if(plugin[%1].blingRepeat,
            action(bling,%1););</action>
    <action name="bling">
        tween(plugin[%1].alpha, 0, 0.8, quadratic);
        tween(plugin[%1].scale, 3, 0.8, quadratic);
        tween(,,0.8,,action(reset,%1);
        if(plugin[%1].blingRepeat,action(bling,%1);););</action>
    <action name="reset">set(plugin[%1].scale,1);set(plugin[%1].alpha,1);</action>

the following sourcecode will change the default behavior to:
initial map size after first time loading pano is set to the closedmap value of 5% (these two parameter are not configurable via APT - why not?)
(so you could easly realize following: after first pano loading map opens to 10% clicking on it opens it to 30% and klicking again closes it to 5% (than it can be very small, everybody did see it the first time with 10% size)

Code: Select all

<plugin name="map" url="test-mapdata/map/map.jpg" keep="true" align="lefttop" x="10" y="10" width="5%" height="prop" handcursor="false" onloaded="action(hidemapspot)" onclick="action(openmap);"/>

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

gkaefer

Topic author
Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:12 pm

two nice features I saw at http://www.feldkirch360.at
first the hotspots can be enabled/disabled by menu switch. (if you descide to navigate via map)
the map can be closed by the "schliessen"=close button attached on bottom side of map (if you decide to navigate via hotspots).

The possibility to close the menu (example slide effect like default thumbs behavor) would be a perfect enhancement to this...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Previous