carry on to my previous question  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
marquee

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

carry on to my previous question

by marquee » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:38 am

Well! after I re-rendered the whole tour, did I manage to find the context menu come alive.
However If I want to add extra functionalities like

so.addParam("allowFullScreen","true");
so.addVariable("xml", "contextmenu.xml");
so.addVariable("xml", "autoRotate.xml");

to my pre_existing tour, I don't see anthing in the display.
How and where would you declare the variable and then point the file to it?
I've tried modifying my rotation template with the desired speed and which I'm checking in the auto rotation panel.
But I still do not get the desired result.
Hence the approach which I've pasted on top.

So how does one combine multiple functionalities into a tour because the template allows for only one at the moment?
and if you have to create your own templates, then perhaps a simple non programmer based info would be much appreciated.
demos perhaps.
Last edited by marquee on Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:57 am

take your tour created by APT 1.1.0 beta 6 (I assume you've an unlimited krpano domain license) and tahn adopt your xml files according the docu:
forum: http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?l=1
examples: http://www.krpano.com/examples/
xml scructure/docu: http://www.krpano.com/docu/xml/
context menu: http://www.krpano.com/docu/xml/#contextmenu

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:12 am

marquee wrote:and if you have to create your own templates, then perhaps a simple non programmer based info would be much appreciated.
demos perhaps.

The whole purpose of Autopano Tour is of course to 'shield' simple non-programmers (like me) from the 'horrors' of hand coding XML.

krpano is very powerful but consequently (as you are discovering) it's not very acessible for the non-programmer if you plan to hand code the XML; a 'simple non-programmer' faces a very steep learning curve.

However you can still use APT as a Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool to do the 'basics' and then hand tweak the XML it generates to add additional code or refine features. You will need to have a krpano unilimited domains licence to be able to externalise the APT generated XML files for further editing.

Good luck.
Last edited by mediavets on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
marquee

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by marquee » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks for the cheer and support but right now I'm looking down a long dark tunnel and this APT shield is wearing thin :)
I guess it would be great to have some fundamentals addressed for layman in Krpano and APT.
Krpano is going leaps and bounds with its code run community and the APT chaps are at the other end of the spectrum.

It really adresses one thing you have to get your hands dirty as both are covering two end of the pole and I want to get halfway.
Unfortunately simple things in Krpano documents are taken for granted eg.

so.addVariable("xml", "contextmenu.xml");
so.addVariable("xml", "autoRotate.xml");

What is the xml addressing?
Should the autorotate info be placed inside the contextmenu file?
Is this example I've done workable?
If not how do you attach several xmls together within the java based template?

or
<item name="item2"
caption="The Photographer..."
onclick="openurl(http://www.yahoo.com);"
/>

Why does this not work

Plenty questions?
No answers

help appreciated.

cheers

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:51 pm

Hi marquee!

I definitely know what you mean regarding xml . . . . :cool:

Here´s the xml handling autorotation and where to paste it - and the result:
Code: Select all
<krpano version="1.0.8" logkey="false">
    <include url="K21_Piazza_Titel0.xml"/>
    <plugin name="data" keep="true"/>
    <autorotate enabled="true"/>
     <autorotate enabled="true"
            waittime="1.0"
            accel="1"
            speed="2"
            horizon="1"
            tofov="60"
            />
    <textstyle name="DEFAULT" alpha="1" bold="false" font="Arial" fontsize="16" italic="false" textcolor="0xff000000"/>
    <plugin name="openfs" align="bottom" blendmode="screen" keep="true" onclick="set(fullscreen,true);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" url="K21_Piazza_Titeldata/graphics/menu/menu0.png" x="0" y="10"/>
    <plugin name="closefs" align="bottom" blendmode="screen" keep="true" onclick="set(fullscreen,false);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" url="K21_Piazza_Titeldata/graphics/menu/menu1.png" visible="false" x="0" y="10"/>
    <events onenterfullscreen="set(plugin[openfs].visible,false); set(plugin[closefs].visible,true);" onexitfullscreen="set(plugin[openfs].visible,true); set(plugin[closefs].visible,false);"/>
</krpano>

And here´s the result:

http://www.360impressions.de/index.html

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:11 pm

marquee wrote:Krpano is going leaps and bounds with its code run community and the APT chaps are at the other end of the spectrum.

It really addresses one thing you have to get your hands dirty as both are covering two end of the pole and I want to get halfway.

You are quite correct in your observations.

I'm hoping that APT will evolve to the point that it occupies that desirable 'halfway' position.

Regarding hand coding/tweaking the XML you may be more likely to get a resposne from the krpano community forum.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.