Start Postion / Destination View work around anyone?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Zigmo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Start Postion / Destination View work around anyone?

by Zigmo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:40 am

I am looking to eliminate the "Start Position" from my tour. I would like the Destination View to be the only point. The problem occurs when 2 or more panos point to a single pano. Naturally I would like all of them to have a different "Destination View" based on the angle of entry. This gives a more natural feel. My problem is that it will always start at the "Destination View" and pan to the "Start Position". I can always cheat this on one of the "Destination View" point by making it share the "Start Position". But for the others I'm stuck with this awkward panning. So does anyone know how to eliminate this problem?

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:02 am

Zigmo wrote:I am looking to eliminate the "Start Position" from my tour. I would like the Destination View to be the only point. The problem occurs when 2 or more panos point to a single pano. Naturally I would like all of them to have a different "Destination View" based on the angle of entry. This gives a more natural feel. My problem is that it will always start at the "Destination View" and pan to the "Start Position". I can always cheat this on one of the "Destination View" point by making it share the "Start Position". But for the others I'm stuck with this awkward panning. So does anyone know how to eliminate this problem?

Welcome to the forum.

I think you are not using the latest version of Autopano Tour (APT).

Find the latest version APT V1.1 beta 6 here:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p51122-2009-09-07-11-54-52#p51122

This has the concept of Spot View (what was formerly termed Destination View I think).

More importantly there are now several different types of transition available from hotspots.

So to achieve the effect you seek I think you want to use either LoadSpotView or PanoViewToSpotView.

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Zigmo

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

by Zigmo » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:24 pm

That works perfect. That just rendered me purchasing the Full KRpano Licence useless.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Zigmo wrote:That works perfect. That just rendered me purchasing the Full KRpano Licence useless.

I think you will come to value having the full krpano licence; there are several key features of APT that are disabled without such a license; for example, the max. cube face size is very limited and you have no access to the XML generated by APT without it.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.