Weird streach between APT and APT beta  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Weird streach between APT and APT beta

by Marv » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:43 pm

I have 1 Vertical 360 row image from APG.

Took image in APT beta 6 and it streached it to make a complete spear top to bottom. (other like images rendered fine).
Took image in APT 1.0.6 and it rendered ok.

NOTE: Turned on Full screen option, and rendered "simple Fullscreen html" for both APT's.
NOTE: Image was post cropped. Could it be that Beta 6 is more sensitive to post cropping?

Marv.
Marv...

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:10 pm

in APT 1.1.0 beta 6:
is panorama properties->Data field of view->output projection set to spherical or planar?
in first case your result would be logical...

but... one vertical 360 row? 360 degree are only horizontal possible, vertical is 180 the total...
so take your image flip it 90 degree to left or right and than you've one 360 degree row... is that image getting a different result on APT?

PS:
NOTE: Image was post cropped

I did enlarge one of my panos from 360x150 to 360x180 (added blue sky and also at the nadir some texture ;-)... but result was horrible - especially on nadir region. I had to set the vertical field of view to the original value 150 to get correct projection (and blue sky and nadir areas was cut again...) why? no real answer yet, perhaps some values are written inside metadata? no real idea...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Du...! That was it. Thanks.

Don't know why the program defaulted to Spherical for just that image/project. Must be some weird thing that auto sets it, like external cropping. That said, I've cropped all my images outside of APG, I must have been lucky on all but 2 of my 20 or so.

Wish there was an option for auto/manual set-up settings. so they would not automaticly change on me when loading/making a new project.
Marv...

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:49 am

Marv wrote:Don't know why the program defaulted to Spherical for just that image/project. Must be some weird thing that auto sets it, like external cropping.

APP/APG creates a custom User Comment EXIF tag - see screenshot below - when rendering a pano that provides data about the pano.

This tag is read by APT to set the pano FOV and projection type.

This custom User Comment EXIF tag is also typically stripped off by any third-party image editor used for post-processing.

By default - if the custom EXIF tag is missing - APT sets the pano FOV to 360x180 and projection to spherical.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks Andrew, that explains a lot. I'll now crop everything inside APT.
Marv...