some guidance please on creating multires pano in APT....  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
stalwart

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

some guidance please on creating multires pano in APT....

by stalwart » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:11 pm

hi all,

I've bought APT to display large, aerial panos - and the first one is 20000x10000 px, running in at c.700Mb tiff file. Up to now been using Pano2VR for all my tours, where multires isn't an option, so APT & APGiga are a new realm for me.....! Here's what I've done in APT, fiddling about with things:

http://www.donisthorpe.plus.com/jubilee/index.html

no multires, loads slow, etc....

Can someone easily explain how I create a multi-res image using APT? I'm stumped as to how to use the KR Panotools 'kmakemultires.exe' app, etc.

I only got this far, and looking at the data folder, the output is JPEG tiles at 1200 pix wide - so I'm doing something very wrong...

cheers
Stu

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:22 pm

stalwart wrote:hi all,

I've bought APT to display large, aerial panos - and the first one is 20000x10000 px, running in at c.700Mb tiff file. Up to now been using Pano2VR for all my tours, where multires isn't an option, so APT & APGiga are a new realm for me.....! Here's what I've done in APT, fiddling about with things:

http://www.donisthorpe.plus.com/jubilee/index.html

no multires, loads slow, etc....

Can someone easily explain how I create a multi-res image using APT? I'm stumped as to how to use the KR Panotools 'kmakemultires.exe' app, etc.

I only got this far, and looking at the data folder, the output is JPEG tiles at 1200 pix wide - so I'm doing something very wrong...

cheers
Stu

I assume you're using APT 1.1.0 beta 6....
about speeding up....
panorama properties -> ->Picture Parameter -> Jgpeg Quality: if this value is set to 12 reduce to 10 to speed up loading...
panorama properties -> ->Picture Parameter -> do press "Compute Optimal Size" button and after that reduce
value for "Cutting Size" to 512

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

no avatar
stalwart

Topic author
Info

by stalwart » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:39 pm

gkaefer wrote:I assume you're using APT 1.1.0 beta 6....
about speeding up....
panorama properties -> ->Picture Parameter -> Jgpeg Quality: if this value is set to 12 reduce to 10 to speed up loading...
panorama properties -> ->Picture Parameter -> do press "Compute Optimal Size" button and after that reduce

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Hi Georg - thanks for the reply.

yep - I'm using APT 1.1.0 beta 6.
after changing the JPEG quality from 12 to 10, and pressing "compute optimal size" - nothing happens. And, the "cutting size" window is set to '0' and is ghosted - it won't allow me to change that setting...............

cheers
Stu

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:28 pm

stalwart wrote:
gkaefer wrote:I assume you're using APT 1.1.0 beta 6....
about speeding up....

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg

Hi Georg - thanks for the reply.

yep - I'm using APT 1.1.0 beta 6.
after changing the JPEG quality from 12 to 10, and pressing "compute optimal size" - nothing happens. And, the "cutting size" window is set to '0' and is ghosted - it won't allow me to change that setting...............

cheers
Stu

;-) try it. you'll see a difference in final exported flash panoram!
to dont loose something:

APT-> File -> Save Project as -> take a new name here for testing...
so you've 2 projects first with untouched settings....
and playing with the newly saved project take care to say export flash-> AND for the filename take a new one, lets say test.swf... so the original filename = foldername of saved images wont be touched...

"0" is default value and should relly be changed to a for you satisfieing value, Alenxandre recommended in another thread 512...

10 instead of 12 saves a lot of image filesize = ergo faste while loading. I did not play how loa you can go to keep quality....

the "cutting size" window is set to '0' and is ghosted

ok, let start from beginning:
open APT
add panorama
KLICK on the panorama (it then get displayed in Hotspot Editor and 3D Editor window...)
NOW klick on tab "Panorama Properties"
NOW you can press "compute optimal size" and the suggested values (in my try: Cube fase size = 1200 and Cutting Size = 1200) will be changed. change finally cutting size to 512...

lg
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Gordon

Info

by Gordon » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Hi Stu, How did you manage to obtain such an impressive and high view point of the university?

Best
Gordon
2000th Member :D

GigaPixel Experimenter
Gigapan Beta Unit, Canon Powershot S5IS, Canon 350D, Nikon D40, Manfrotto Tripod, BT-Serial + Papywizard on Nokia 770, Fully-Operational Merlin the Wizard Unit!!!

no avatar
Adrien F

Info

by Adrien F » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Stalwart,

First, if the "Cutting size" spin box is set to 0 and greyed it shows you don't have an unlimited krpano licence (or at least you are not registered). In the first case you can just forget about multiresolution and hi-res visit. In the latter, just enter the location of the two krpano licence files (krpano and krpano tools) in the register menu.

Secondly, APT is internally limited to 200 Mpixels of export resolution, and may not load too large images. So don't expect gigapixel input and output with current versions. But we are currently focusing on it.

Best regards

Adrien

gkaefer

Info

by gkaefer » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:07 am

Adrien F wrote:Hi Stalwart,
Secondly, APT is internally limited to 200 Mpixels of export resolution, and may not load too large images. So don't expect gigapixel input and output with current versions. But we are currently focusing on it.

so if more than 200mp are wanted, only krpano tools are currently the way?
what are the reasons for that limit in APT? 200mp is exceeded very easily using a 50image pano with 18mm lens x1.6 factor APS-C 10mp images...)

multires example with 300mp:
http://www.krpano.com/docu/multires/index.php?lang=en

krpano tools: krmakemultires:
http://www.krpano.com/tools/

krpano tools 1.0.8 beta 9 download:
http://www.krpano.com/download/

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg