Beta 6 thumbnails.  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Beta 6 thumbnails.

by Marv » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:12 pm

I have done two 5 image Tours with thumbnails.
One worked as expected. The other only showed 1 image (the 2nd image) and then only for the first time you tabbed and selected it and then the tab dissapeared forever. I tried 10-200 size.

Any ideas?
Marv...

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:13 pm

Marv wrote:I have done two 5 image Tours with thumbnails.
One worked as expected. The other only showed 1 image (the 2nd image) and then only for the first time you tabbed and selected it and then the tab dissapeared forever. I tried 10-200 size.

Any ideas?

don´t use "pixel" for size. Take "%". I use 5%.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:20 am

Nope. Same Problem.
I did some testing. The First Pano appears to be the problem.
It's a 270 degree pano (Hey... this was shot before Virtual worlds existed and Panoramas were just that... panoramas and printed flat), then the rest are 360's. I took 5 panos that day to tell a story that I never dreamed I would have the technology to do Virtual tours today.
The 270 is the Anchor panorama that sets the stage for the other panos, so not an option to have it be last, etc.

Clue/Bug?
On the other project I did that had 5 panos & thumbnails... it worked fine inspite of the fact the 2nd pano did not seam up at the start and end frames and was just a standard 380, never the less... everything worked fine for the thumbnails.
Marv...

Nikon D700, Nikor 10.5mm DX (Shaved), Nikor 12-24mm DX, Modified Nodal NN180, Home made Nodal Ninja NN5 type Pano head, Really Right Stuff Plate & Clamps, Windows XP.

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:49 am

crop it to apropriate proportion of a 360 degree pano:
The pixel length to pixel heigth are exact in proportion of 2:1

crop your 270 pano in image program of your coice to an 2:1 proportion and try to make the tour with this new 360 pano...

Liebe Gruesse,
Georg
Last edited by gkaefer on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:27 am

Marv wrote:I have done two 5 image Tours with thumbnails.

Any ideas?

I myself have struggled with that thumbnail issue , seems to be a bug but I have not been able to find the solution, some time it works sometime it shows only 1 thumbnail, I had posted theproblem here http://www.autopano.net/forum/t7901-apt-beta-6-now-has-thumbnail-options-but-seems-broken

Klaus suggestion to use size in % does not help the case.
Last edited by digipano on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
Judy-A

Info

by Judy-A » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:26 am

I experimented with this for a while. This is what I found.

To create thumbnails, APT requires the FOV and dimension info contained in the Kolor image header. If, after rendering a pano in APP/APG, you postprocess or crop in another application such as Photoshop, that FOV info may be lost or it may no longer be correct.

Do thumbnails work for you when original images are used exactly as rendered by APP/APG?

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:58 am

Oh I have landed into this problem earlier too with images stitched with PTgui &APT, let me test this issue & get back to you.

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:37 pm

digipano wrote:Klaus suggestion to use size in % does not help the case.

in my case it did - setting thumbs to 5%:

http://www.360impressions.de/k21.html (corrected)
http://www.360impressions.de/MW.html

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:05 pm

[crop your 270 pano in image program of your coice to an 2:1 proportion and try to make the tour with this new 360 pano]
Tried... Same problem.

[you postprocess or crop in another application such as Photoshop, that FOV info may be lost or it may no longer be correct.]
Tried using APT crop... Same problem. (Good idea Judy, thanks).

[Do thumbnails work for you when original images are used exactly as rendered by APP/APG?]
Tried... No... same problem.

[I myself have struggled with that thumbnail issue , seems to be a bug but I have not been able to find the solution, some time it works sometime it shows only 1 thumbnail]
I second that. 4 hrs of extensive tests and no gain.
Marv...

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:01 am

Ok... this must be a bug.

I added a pano to the front (6 images now). Just for kicks I tried the thumbnail and discovered there was a 4 digit figure in the width (Changed to 100, 200) 2-3 digit figure for rows (changed to 5 & 6). Worked fine the first time, but everytime I tried to fine tune it i.e. changed rows from 5 to 6, or the width, it got worse... even if I went back to the first setting that worked, it got worse.
Marv...

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:53 pm

Klaus from krpano answered the issue & yes all my problem images were having numeric in beginning that was causing the thumbnail issue.
klaus.krpano wrote:the "name" of an element in krpano must begin with an alphabetic character!

when a numeric character is used as first character, then the name will be
interpreted as "index", in your case now always "54", therefore only one thumbnail,

I don't know why everything starts with "54f" in your example, but try just adding
an alphabetic character in front of it (e.g. "x54f") then it will work,

best regards,
Klaus

http://krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=1960

no avatar
Marv

Topic author
Info

by Marv » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:18 pm

Klaus, Thank you. The number was the problem.

Now I discovered another problem:

I have a 6 image tour:
Bottom Row option only gives you 1 row options (not good when you have 6 images).
Side Row options can give you more that 1 row. But if you select 1 row @ 100 pixels it puts a huge space between each image and only about 4 images fit on the screen. 800 puts them all on the screen (less black boarder) but the first and last image are 1/2 cut off top or bottom. (1000 BTW is the same as 800).
3 side rows gets interesting with 6 images, as it stacks 3 images in each of 2 columns. The images are close together on top of each other as one would expect. A setting of 400 pixels seemed to work good in this case.

Point is: Why can't I get this 2 row 2 column close stacking effect in 1 row 1 column (there is more than enough room for them to all fit on top of one another at 100-600 Pixels?
Last edited by Marv on Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marv...