Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Black screen... help?!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 pm 

Hey you all! I'm using beta 5 of AP tour under Windows 7 and am getting now radomly black screens in my tour. It's a large tour of about 40 360 panos featuring a walking track and includes close-up images and videoclips as well. Seems to me the problem started after adding the video clips - but am not sure. The problem occurs in the .swf file as well as in the html file. Weird thing is... it's not the same pano all the time. I've reopened the tour several times and it's a different one every time! Strange...
Have search this forum to find other posts (with potential answers) but haven't got the solution yet. Klaus had some similar issue a while ago and I found two responses; 1) adding a certain code to the main .xml file and 2) bug fixed in beta 5.

1) I can't find the .xml file - I'm embedding the .xml file in the tour, is that why? And more so... is this the problem/solution?
2) Can there still be a bug in beta 5?

Anyone out there that can help me? It's pretty urgent - need to deliver this tour. Am aware it's a beta version but besides this it works mostly beautifully and I need the video-feature. So many thanks in advance!

Linda

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:04 pm 

I have noticed some settings not being kept when you save and open a project file, but if the faults are random its not the issue.
You may use the editor plugin too, when authoring: http://www.krpano.com/plugins/editor/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm 

HDVR wrote:
1) I can't find the .xml file - I'm embedding the .xml file in the tour, is that why? And more so... is this the problem/solution?

Linda

If you mean you are embedding everything in a single SWF file then I suspect that may be the problem when your tour is so large plus video.

Easy enough to find out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:48 pm 

Thanks guys... I exported the project again, now without embedding the .xml files and that seems to have solved the problem. No black screens anymore and besides, - the .xml files are now available for whatever I can do with them. I also had a look at the plugins - they look very interesting but I have no idea (yet) how to use them. In fact; not a clue yet how to use any of the KR Pano features since I'm only using the AP Tour interface and it seems using the KR pano features require some programming skills (which I don't have - yet). And I don't know either how they combine (KR features and APT). Would be great to have some more info on this available...

But thanks again, - black screen-probllem is solved...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:54 pm 

HDVR wrote:
Thanks guys... I exported the project again, now without embedding the .xml files and that seems to have solved the problem. No black screens anymore and besides, - the .xml files are now available for whatever I can do with them. I also had a look at the plugins - they look very interesting but I have no idea (yet) how to use them. In fact; not a clue yet how to use any of the KR Pano features since I'm only using the AP Tour interface and it seems using the KR pano features require some programming skills (which I don't have - yet). And I don't know either how they combine (KR features and APT). Would be great to have some more info on this available...

But thanks again, - black screen-probllem is solved...

I was advised to do it the following way: save your project, close APT and open the project again.
Rendering after that wouldn´t produce a black screen. I did so and it showed to be right.

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:02 pm 

I had the same problem and the not embedding the XML files worked, and I see the XML files. Where were the files before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 pm 

jsjamesok wrote:
Where were the files before?

In the SWF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:11 pm 

The bug you where dealing with was corrected in beta 6 : embedding video and sound in the flash file does not work.