embedded data question  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

embedded data question

by klausesser » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:46 pm

When i want to give ONE embedded data swf to my client - how can i edit the autorotation´s speed?

two clients already complained that they feel very uncomfortable by the fast speed of autorotation.

here´s an example using external data - but i can´t take away the ugly button. And i DON´T WANT to ue exertnal data - i want to deliver ONE swf-file to the client. The rotationspeed here is ok - i set it to 4 instead of the default set 10.

http://www.360impressions.de

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

by mediavets » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:02 pm

klausesser wrote:but i can´t take away the ugly button.

best, Klaus

'ugly button'????
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:50 am

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:but i can´t take away the ugly button.

best, Klaus

'ugly button'????

Yes - usually there´s a button to start/stop the autorotation.
The last test i used the new APT beta and it´s gone.
But i can´t edit the rotation speed when all data are embedded in ONE swf file instead of seperate files/folders.

I would like to deliver only ONE swf to the client.

best
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

by mediavets » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:26 am

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:but i can´t take away the ugly button.

best, Klaus

'ugly button'????

Yes - usually there´s a button to start/stop the autorotation.
The last test i used the new APT beta and it´s gone.
But i can´t edit the rotation speed when all data are embedded in ONE swf file instead of seperate files/folders.

I would like to deliver only ONE swf to the client.

best

Klaus,

I agree that it would be good for APT to offer more control over autorotation - here's what Pano2VR offers:


Last edited by mediavets on Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:15 am

mediavets wrote:Klaus,
I agree that it would be good for APT to offer more control over autorotation - here's what Pano2VR offers:

Hi Andrew!

I found a solution - but only using seperated files. I´d like to embed all fils in one swf.

look here: http://www.360impressions.de http://www.360impressions.de/gelblich.swf

best to you, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
digipano
Member
 
Posts: 582
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:07 am
Info

by digipano » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:41 am

One solution I can think of is not to embed within APT instead have xml files generated where you edit the auto rotation speed manually & then use "Kprotect" (separate product) to embed all, that way you will have control of many things.

APT is moving towards being a full GUI for karpano but its far way behind in its GUI+features yet, the APT developer team will need a tighter & faster integration of krpano feature in its GUI.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

by mediavets » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:42 am

Kprotect may indeed be an answer - more info here:
http://www.krpano.com/forum/wbb/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=331
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi digipano, hi Andrew!

I´ll try it this way - sound good!

Thanks, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:33 pm

digipano wrote:One solution I can think of is not to embed within APT instead have xml files generated where you edit the auto rotation speed manually & then use "Kprotect" (separate product) to embed all, that way you will have control of many things.

APT is moving towards being a full GUI for karpano but its far way behind in its GUI+features yet, the APT developer team will need a tighter & faster integration of krpano feature in its GUI.

hi digi!

I did what you suggested - but the sound is gone . . .

It´s not clear how to use the "protect" - they ask for the "start file" . . which one is it? There are two xml files, one of it is called xxx0.xml the other has xxx.xml
which one is the "start" file i have to put into "protect"?

best, Klaus

a test-run without protect
http://www.360impressions.de/
http://www.360impressions.de/gelblich.swf
Last edited by klausesser on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Adrien F
Member
 
Posts: 264
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 am
Info

by Adrien F » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:57 am

As regards to property parameters you want to modify and embedd in one swf file, like <autorotate> (or <display> or <control> by the way), you can use menu templates.

Menu templates are pieces of xml code which will be included in all your visits, originally designed to design your own menu, but you can modify them to fit your needs while we are working on an all GUI tour maker.

The only thing you have to do is to create your own menu template and include the xml properties in it. Here is an example of the rotation.xml file where we have set the autorotation speed to 10° pers sec (see doc on krpano site : http://www.krpano.com/docu/xml/#autorotate) :
Code: Select all
<menu>
    <plugin name="autorotation" url="graphics/btn_autorotation.png" blendmode="screen" keep="true" align="bottom" x="0" y="$(MARGIN)" onclick="switch(autorotate.enabled);" onover="set(blendmode,add);" onout="set(blendmode,screen);"/>
    <autorotate enabled="true"
            waittime="1.0"
            accel="5"
            speed="10"
            horizon="20"
            tofov="150"
            />
</menu>

Using this menu template, you will be able to generate only one swf file (with 'embedd all' checked), where you control the autorotate speed.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:19 pm

Hi Adrien!

Thanks for your advice! But: how and where can i add this part to the xml when i render an embedded swf-file which contains ALL in ONE?

I´m absolutely new to xml editing - but i got a good advice rom Klaus (KRPano) already how to edit the rotation speed by adding the sequence you showed.

Another suggestion was to render seperate files in APT, edit the speed (or other items) and after that using KR-Protect to make a single swf from it.

Works well - but it´s not possible to keep integrated sound that way.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
Adrien F
Member
 
Posts: 264
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 am
Info

by Adrien F » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:34 am

Adrien F wrote:Menu templates are pieces of xml code which will be included in all your visits

This means, once you modified those files, you won't need to do all your steps : exporting XML, edit them, embedd files in swf with kprotect, because it will be done in the software.

Step 1:
Menu templates are located in the install directory of Autopano Tour:
For Windows : C:/Programmes Files/Kolor/Autopano Tour/Templates/menu/
Mac (Ctrl click on app, display application package) : MacOs/Templates/menu/
There you'll find those files:
fullscreen-rotation.xml
fullscreen.xml
graphics/
navigation-fullscreen-rotation.xml
navigation-fullscreen.xml
navigation-rotation.xml
navigation.xml
rotation.xml
Which you can edit as I previously explained.

Step 2 :
then in APT application : Project properties > Interface > Template : use your own template and export your project. (And check 'Embedd all' if needed)
You will have your visit with a custom autorotate speed.

The advantage of this method is that you only have to do Step 1 once, and then you can reuse the same template every time you need it with Step 2 without further xml hacking.

Warning :
Concerning sound embedding : it is just not possible to embedd mp3 in one swf file. This is just a flash limitation and we can't handle it.
However there is a workaround if you REALLY need to have embedded sounds :
-Export them in swf with a dedicated soft.
-Design a very tiny, or invisible hotspot.
-Include your invisible hotspot in your visit.
-Link your sound swf file to this invisible HS.
The sound will be played immediately after the hotspot is loaded, loop endlessly (if the swf file is an endless loop), and you won't be able to stop it, nor to restart it.
There is no guarantee, this hack will work in future versions of krpano or APT.

--Edit:
Those two last posts of mine, refering to menu templates, are only valid for latests beta versions of APT, else you'll have to manually edit your xml files and re-embedd them afterward.
Last edited by Adrien F on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
arniezilla
Member
 
Posts: 15
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:46 am
Info

by arniezilla » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:55 am

Adrien F wrote:
Adrien F wrote:Menu templates are pieces of xml code which will be included in all your visits

This means, once you modified those files, you won't need to do all your steps : exporting XML, edit them, embedd files in swf with kprotect, because it will be done in the software.

Step 1:
Menu templates are located in the install directory of Autopano Tour:
For Windows : C:/Programmes Files/Kolor/Autopano Tour/Templates/menu/
Mac (Ctrl click on app, display application package) : MacOs/Templates/menu/
There you'll find those files:
fullscreen-rotation.xml
fullscreen.xml
graphics/
navigation-fullscreen-rotation.xml
navigation-fullscreen.xml
navigation-rotation.xml
navigation.xml
rotation.xml
Which you can edit as I previously explained.

[/i]

Hello, i use Autopano Giga and there is no directory Templates/menu/ an the files

fullscreen-rotation.xml
fullscreen.xml
graphics/
navigation-fullscreen-rotation.xml
navigation-fullscreen.xml
navigation-rotation.xml
navigation.xml
rotation.xml

Where are these files in this Version? I need to edit the Rotationspeed.

Thanks

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 16415
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.
Info

by mediavets » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:51 pm

arniezilla wrote:Where are these files in this Version? I need to edit the Rotationspeed.

Thanks

Make sure you are using the latest version of APT - V 1.1 beta 6 - available from here:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/p51122-2009-09-07-11-54-52#p51122

Then under the Edit menu you'll find the option Open Templates Directory.


Last edited by mediavets on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

User avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Topic author
Posts: 8836
Likes: 5 posts
Liked in: 64 posts
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany
Info

by klausesser » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:17 pm

arniezilla wrote:Where are these files in this Version? I need to edit the Rotationspeed.

Thanks

You have to edit the xml files to set the autorotation-speed and other things.
APT doen´t let you fine-tune your tour.
I suggest to buy the KRPano unlimited version - with the KRPano-Tools it contains a bunch of additional features, but definitely
demands some xml skills.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
digipano
Member
 
Posts: 582
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:07 am
Info

by digipano » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:16 pm

klausesser wrote:I did what you suggested - but the sound is gone . . .

Thats flash imposed restriction so I convert sound MP3 to swf using MP3toswf converter then you can embed sound (swf) without any problems.

User avatar
gkaefer
Member
 
Posts: 3549
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 15 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:01 pm
Location: Salzburg
Info

by gkaefer » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:00 am

arniezilla wrote:
Adrien F wrote:
Adrien F wrote:Menu templates are pieces of xml code which will be included in all your visits

This means, once you modified those files, you won't need to do all your steps : exporting XML, edit them, embedd files in swf with kprotect, because it will be done in the software.

Step 1:
Menu templates are located in the install directory of Autopano Tour:
For Windows : C:/Programmes Files/Kolor/Autopano Tour/Templates/menu/
Mac (Ctrl click on app, display application package) : MacOs/Templates/menu/
There you'll find those files:
fullscreen-rotation.xml
fullscreen.xml
graphics/
navigation-fullscreen-rotation.xml
navigation-fullscreen.xml
navigation-rotation.xml
navigation.xml
rotation.xml
Which you can edit as I previously explained.

[/i]

Hello, i use Autopano Giga and there is no directory Templates/menu/ an the files

fullscreen-rotation.xml
fullscreen.xml
graphics/
navigation-fullscreen-rotation.xml
navigation-fullscreen.xml
navigation-rotation.xml
navigation.xml
rotation.xml

Where are these files in this Version? I need to edit the Rotationspeed.

Thanks

... talking about APT - Autopano Tour - Version 1.1.0 beta 6
see: http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/Lastest_Beta

lg
Georg

no avatar
arniezilla
Member
 
Posts: 15
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:46 am
Info

by arniezilla » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:25 am

Thank you at all, i have the wrong version..... beta version correct my problem.....


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron