Embedded XML files or import of XML files  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
tlkg

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Embedded XML files or import of XML files

by tlkg » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:36 am

I just wanted to check if in the newer version feature list was the ability to be able to edit an XML file from a created pano and then go back into AutoPano Tour and import that (or those) XML files so that they could be embedded into the flash file or output with the new changes when the pano was exported again.

Currently we can export tour without embedding the XML and edit them, but all of the edits are gone (or overwritten) when we try and re-create the tour with any other changes.

An alternative feature would be to expose the XML files within Autopano Tour so that one could edit within the application before exporting.

Thanks,
Tom

no avatar
ememiks

Info

by ememiks » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:28 pm

I just need this feature extremely and immediately, that would be really great.

no avatar
tlkg

Topic author
Info

by tlkg » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:50 pm

Hi ememiks,

I found that almost everything I needed regarding editing and importing xml files is in the new beta software. I had not upgraded when I originally posted this message and didn't know that the new beta has much better support for XML now.

If you not upgraded, I would recommend it.

no avatar
ememiks

Info

by ememiks » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi tlkg;

I am a mac user and if you right click on APT and select 'show package contents' - MacOS-Templates folder there are menu html transition textstyle and progress templates. You can add your XML templates to these folders and APT can read and repack them into swf file again. But customizations are very limited for me, I need more details to compose and my priority is changing the folders and files path inside XML templates.