KrPano vs Pano2VR vs Autopano Tour  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
danze_65

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

KrPano vs Pano2VR vs Autopano Tour

by danze_65 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:34 am

I have a lot of panorama work coming up, and I'll have to do a decision about the softwares. If I buy Autopano Giga, what do I gain by purchasing Krpano? And what about using Autopano Pro and Pano2VR? Are there big differences between these combinations? I'm going to do virtual tours for my clients, and I want an easy workflow to create and deliver the package to the clients.

-Daniel-

-Edit- One more question; Is JATC a gui for KrPano?
Last edited by danze_65 on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

vincen
Kolor Certified Trainer

Liked in: 4 posts
Info

by vincen » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi Daniel,

First about JATC, it's not a GUI for KRpano. It exists two GUI for KRPano:
-> the tools included with KRPano that just allows to format your panorama at tile systems used by KRPano
-> AutoPano Tour to build virtual visit with KRPano.

For your workflow, I think best is to use AutoPano Giga to build your panoramas, and AutoPano Tour (with full licence of KRPano) to build your virtual visit. Did you try beta of AutoPano Tour that includes nice new features ;)

Pano2VR is a great product but it uses a less powerful flash player than KRPano ! All the more AutoPano Tour allows you to edit by hand virtual visits if you need to include special features not managed by AutoPano Tour :D

Hope it helps in your decision,

Vincèn
Blog: http://www.skivr.com
Nodal Ninja 4 R-D16 on Benro Tripod + Ultimate R1 on Nodal Ninja P2 + Nikon D800 + Nikkor 10.5 + Nikkor 14/24 f/2.8 +Pentax 645D

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:03 pm

danze_65 wrote:I have a lot of panorama work coming up, and I'll have to do a decision about the softwares. If I buy Autopano Giga, what do I gain by purchasing Krpano? And what about using Autopano Pro and Pano2VR? Are there big differences between these combinations? I'm going to do virtual tours for my clients, and I want an easy workflow to create and deliver the package to the clients.

-Daniel-

-Edit- One more question; Is JATC a gui for KrPano?

as Vincen already mentioned i think APG/APT with KRPano is the most you can get for an affordable amount of money. The features are great - ergonomically it takes some time to get it but then it´s very comfortable.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
danze_65

Topic author
Info

by danze_65 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:09 pm

(A late) thank you for your answers, they will help me a lot! :D

no avatar
ptortora

Info

by ptortora » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:27 am

I'm having the same concerns. Bought Giga and it does a great job making my panos. i then brought the pano into Autopan Tour and made the flash file with all of the settings set as high as they would go for resolution. However, the image detail looked terrible compared to the original file. So I then bought a license for Krpano and took that same pano and dragged it to Normal and it made a very nice VT with great resolution and detail. However, it was too large physically in the browser. Am I not getting something here... any help would be appreciated.

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 am

ptortora wrote:I'm having the same concerns. Bought Giga and it does a great job making my panos. i then brought the pano into Autopan Tour and made the flash file with all of the settings set as high as they would go for resolution. However, the image detail looked terrible compared to the original file. So I then bought a license for Krpano and took that same pano and dragged it to Normal and it made a very nice VT with great resolution and detail. However, it was too large physically in the browser. Am I not getting something here... any help would be appreciated.

Have you registered your krpano licenses in APT?

When you have you should see that the cube face size maximum is increased to 5000 for equirectangular (spherical) pano images.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
ptortora

Info

by ptortora » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:36 am

I have registered it. Just a couple of last minute thoughts:
- Where do the files that I downloaded for Krpano have to reside if I'm using Autopano Tour? Is the Krpano folder only used if I'm going to create VT's without Autopano Tour or do I still need to have the folder (especially the swf) in a particular location.
- I did register Autopano tour with the downloaded license file. There is one license file for Krpano and another for Krpano Tools. When I launch Autopano Tour, it shows it is registered to my name and there isn't any apparent option to 'register' it so I'm assuming it is indeed registered appropriately.
Thank you

klausesser

Liked in: 64 posts
Info

by klausesser » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:09 pm

ptortora wrote:I have registered it. Just a couple of last minute thoughts:
- Where do the files that I downloaded for Krpano have to reside if I'm using Autopano Tour? Is the Krpano folder only used if I'm going to create VT's without Autopano Tour or do I still need to have the folder (especially the swf) in a particular location.
- I did register Autopano tour with the downloaded license file. There is one license file for Krpano and another for Krpano Tools. When I launch Autopano Tour, it shows it is registered to my name and there isn't any apparent option to 'register' it so I'm assuming it is indeed registered appropriately.
Thank you

There´s a point called "register" in the menu up on your window when APT is open. There you can register manually all parts of the app.

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets

Liked in: 130 posts
Info

by mediavets » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:34 pm

ptortora wrote:- I did register Autopano tour with the downloaded license file. There is one license file for Krpano and another for Krpano Tools. When I launch Autopano Tour, it shows it is registered to my name and there isn't any apparent option to 'register' it so I'm assuming it is indeed registered appropriately.
Thank you

When you select Register from the top menu in APT does it show that you have registered your two krpano licenses with APT like mine does - see below - if not it will offer you the option to do so, by pointing the program to the location of those two files. Yes, it is a little counter intuitive.:

Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.