Simple tour creation does not work  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
sthambi

Topic author
Liked in: 0 post
Info

Simple tour creation does not work

by sthambi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:53 am

Hi,

I am creating this new topic since there was no response for my previous thread. Okay now in the beta, mac i am trying to create just a plain virtual tour but when i click export flash i see it is processing in milliseconds and i see a black screen. nothing comes up. what does it mean? I tried to play with all settings, logo, sound, with full screen, none, reduced the cube size, high resolution... none gives me the tour.

Also, please let me know how to include google map on this... waiting to hear from you. included the krpano tools license as well.

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:03 am

It means that your image may be wider than 8000 pix, try reducing the size as there is a limit imposed in flash 10.
Take a screen shot of google map & save that as png or jpg & include that map in the tour.

no avatar
sthambi

Topic author
Info

by sthambi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:58 am

okay... my pano is 17000 by 8500. but all of my other panos are usually 10000 x 5000 and it works fine... this happens only after i have updated the beta i guess. let me try to reduce the size and redo it.

and i tired to take a screenshot of googlemap and uploaded it as a jpeg. set the hotspot to two panos. but the problem is when i generate the flash file first thing i see the map instead of the pano. even though i have set first loaded pano is my panoramic not map. why does it happen and how to resolve it?

thanks for the immediate response. but i saw krpano googlemap with radar. i thought it's a live map. is it not? then where do we generate the google generated key?

no avatar
sthambi

Topic author
Info

by sthambi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:10 am

yup, 8000 pixel working fine. but what if i want the high resolution output? so i can't make it? and could you pls write me about the map? i mean how do i make my pano to load first instead of map and googlemap with radar?

no avatar
sthambi

Topic author
Info

by sthambi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:18 am

digipano, sorry to disturb. but the above output got generated when i added no properties when i generate the flash. now i added the logo and sound and all.xml for the menu and now i see the same black screen again. why does it happen? how do i fix it?

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:56 am

Remember its BETA so there could be many unfinished lines of code causing bugs.
and i tired to take a screenshot of googlemap and uploaded it as a jpeg. set the hotspot to two panos. but the problem is when i generate the flash file first thing i see the map instead of the pano. even though i have set first loaded pano is my panoramic not map. why does it happen and how to resolve it?

I dont have an answer to that as yet but the layer order of the elements should be implemented in APT so we can decide what shows 1st & what loads in the background.

i saw krpano googlemap with radar. i thought it's a live map. is it not? then where do we generate the google generated key?

indeed thats live map with a radar but That map is not yet possible in APT beta, only static maps as of now.
yup, 8000 pixel working fine. but what if i want the high resolution output?

EDITED
Multi resolution pyramid will "only be done" when you have parameters set more than 1024, & you have the krpano license.

the above output got generated when i added no properties when i generate the flash. now i added the logo and sound and all.xml for the menu and now i see the same black screen again. why does it happen? how do i fix it?

Something wrong in the generated code I haven't much played with the new beta so cant confirm if its a user error or some bug.
Last edited by digipano on Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
sthambi

Topic author
Info

by sthambi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:29 am

thanks for writing. i tried all different ways... even if my pano is 8000x4000 still i have problem when generating the flash output. rarely it works and it doesn't most of the times... it's weird... am going to install the older version which is stable.

i have krpano tools license. do you have any idea how to generate multiresolution ? i would greatly appreciate it. i want to show some finest demo on monday of whatever is possible in virtual tour so that that company can decide the rates. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks digipano.

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:40 am

i have krpano tools license. do you have any idea how to generate multiresolution ?

The easiest method is download the beta version of krpanotools without the GUI from here
http://krpano.com/download/beta/
simply drag the image on the bat file named "MAKE MULTIRES PANO droplet" that will generate the code & at least get you going for the Monday presentation.

I cant tell you much as I have not tried yet the beta version, once I get time I will try the new features. Another reason of black screen could be that the swf file may not be loading in the browser or may be missing or the path may be wrong (whatever reasons)

You can right click in the browser & confirm if the flash is loaded or not.
Last edited by digipano on Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
rbackhaus

Info

by rbackhaus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:56 am

hi guys.
I have the problem with the multi res also,...the beta is not automatically accepting the larger files it seems. I have a 38000 width size file that was detected in the previous version and worked fine,..but in the beta, the tour itself runs fine, but when i click on the hotspot to this image I get an error mesge that says I need to use "multires" on this file. So i'm stumped at this point. I did register the licenses. My only guess is that the pano was made with a previous version of autopano and now some image info may be missing that the beta needs

sthambi,........do you get the black screen as you process or when you try to open the resulting flash or html file???? Do you have these files in the same folder as your data files????

regarding sound,...unless I'm missing something it is unusable for me,......it seems only each pano can have its own sound which is fine if you have a single pano,...but as the is a TOUR software we need to have a sound option for project properties so that music or whatever will continueously play throughout the tour and not restart at the opening of each hotspot linked pano. This could be defined as background sound to compliment the panorama properties sound option,......sound level options would be nice too, as well as a sound on/off button

Also, my tours seem to produce to flash 9,..how do I produce to flash 10 to decreae the wavy distortions I get??

no avatar
sthambi

Topic author
Info

by sthambi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:05 am

Hi,
Actually other panos are playing in the same browser. And what do you mean by is my image in the data folder? Actually the problem is when i convert to flash the processing just flashes and no cubes are being created except xml files, swf and everything. You know what i mean? And soemtimes it gets created. It's weird. I dont know why nobody is paying attention on us ;)

And i wish i can go back to stable version, but the problem is i want to insert the video hotspot but swf does not have player controls. rbackhaus, do you know how to insert flv video in the older version of apt? and i dont know how to insert krpano video plugin and everything... since the krpano video plugin asking for the hotspot name since i dont have that field in APt. am struck... :(

And multiresolution i will try digipano... and will ask doubts... but i dont think i can make the final product tomorrow since atleast i need flv video to be played and it's not possible in the old one and no other functions including flash output is not workign in the new beta version....:(

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:22 am

sthambi,
I just tested now the beta version & it works fine (not multi resolution) along with flv video plays on clicking hotspot so I am clueless as to what could be the problem at your end.
Where is the option of multi resolution in the beta version?

If you can upload the image somewhere on the web & send me a private message with the link I will try to sort out the problem if I can.

Just a note this is BETA version & may have bugs in any one of linux/mac/windows version.
Its normal for a beta version to have bugs.

no avatar
rbackhaus

Info

by rbackhaus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:33 am

sthambi,
sorry but i'm not skilled enough to help,....it's weird what your experiencing,..but like digi said,....most likely a bug

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:01 am

Multi resolution : with a krpano license, when a picture (cube face or partial panorama) exceed 1024 on one of the dimensions, a multi resolution pyramid is automatically computed to allow progressive downloading.

So I increased the size & the beta version creates multi resolution pyramid without any problems, so sthambi there seems to be a problem at your end.

Multi resolution pyramid will "only be done" when you have parameters set more than 1024, can you check that is not the problem in your case?

no avatar
rbackhaus

Info

by rbackhaus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:18 am

sthambi,
for me the original version worked fine with high res,.....in the beta version i just input "100" for cutting size and got my large pano to work,. although quality seems lesser,...you may have to play with the value to see what works best,..but at least it works for me now,.after reading the update again,...I saw that leaving the value at "0" disables multi res ....i'm using windoes vista

gkaefer

Liked in: 15 posts
Info

by gkaefer » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:07 pm

I noticed that installing the beta does not install all krpano licenses automatically:

see my #10 of thread: http://www.autopano.net/forum/t7116-apt-v1.1-beta

register->register Krpano...:
KRPano License was automatically installed after update
KRPano Tools License was not... I had to manually open the existing license file..

perhaps. this has something to do with qualitiy issue....

lg
Georg

no avatar
sthambi

Topic author
Info

by sthambi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:19 pm

hi,
actually, i increased the cube size already to create the high resolution output. but indeed i did not know that is the multiresolution. but when i increased the cube size i noticed lot of cubes/pyramids has been created in so many sub folders. that is what not happening now in beta version so i get the black screen since there are no source available for it to play.

and what cutting size exactly does? god, it's weird... when i change the cutting size to 100 it generates the output. now with the following settings again it's a black screen but i see all the sub folders and pyramids has been created. what is so wrong..? :(

see the screenshot for the configuration i used to generate the pano...

and digipano, actually video hotspot on flv videos works great in beta... but the problem is not i dont see anything else working properly for me.. am already late for tomorrow presentation. so if i rollback to old version then i dont have video option to play flv videos but only swf. but unfortunately swf does not have player controls.

and i already manually registered the krpano tools license.

Last edited by sthambi on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:40 pm

Try once with unchecking embed all data
do NOT embed all data & see if that solves the problem.

no avatar
sthambi

Topic author
Info

by sthambi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:51 pm

digipano, actually i have tried that one already. now i installed the old version and the biggest problem is when the pano loads video hotspot automatically playing and it never stops. :(

so what should i do now? new version videohotspot is awesome... but others?

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:06 pm

I am clueless now as to what is wrong about your settings bcoz its working fine at my end.

no avatar
sthambi

Topic author
Info

by sthambi » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:11 pm

digipano, is it working fine at your end? wow... that's amazing.. could you please attach that project file so i can see the settings?

okay this is what i want to do digipano. 5 panos. few image pop up hotspots. 1 video hotspot for sample. flash control panel, editor, options, fps, soundinterface plugins from krpano. its' all in high resolution(multires).

are you online in yahoo or something? i can chat with you.... i have gmail, yahoo. pls let me know. thanks

renan
Kolor Team

Liked in: 1 post
Info

by renan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:37 pm

When the option "Embed all data" is used, mutlisresolution is not active. With this option almost all data must be loaded for being displayed. So multiresolution is not very helpful is this case.
But if the panorama is too large, flash can't display it. So I have to correct something.

So if you export large panoramas, don't use the "embed all data" option with the current version.

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Thanks Renan, that clears up why the multi resolution is working at my end bcoz I did not embed the data.
sthambi did that as posted in the screen shot hence it was not working in his case.

I Suggest that multi resolution tiles should become inactive or red color indicating that this option is not available when someone uses "embed all"
Last edited by digipano on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

no avatar
sthambi

Topic author
Info

by sthambi » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Yup, you guys are right. I did not know that was the issue, but what i did is, i never chosed any selection including menu template, view html screen or anything. i just increased the cube size and set everything else default and generated the xml codes. and then using xml code i inserted krpano codes one by one the way i wanted. so finally am done.

But the problem is, if for some reason have to regenerate the flash again from APT it sets all the xml codes to default. I guess there should be a update button to make only the changes reflects.

And next thing is i dont know how to embed background sound since every pano has different sound. I see a soundinterface from krpano but i dont see any example for that. does anyone has code for that?

Thank you so much digipano... for all your support... and thank you all...

no avatar
digipano

Info

by digipano » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:28 am

Glad to help,
hope you were able to do your presentation to the client.

Embed sound in the base html file is easy, try this code.
<embed src="relative path to your file/sound.mp3" volume="30%" hidden="false" autostart="true height="100" loop="true">