APT 1.000 - More Information Please  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
Liked in: 0 post

by gerpho » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:05 am

'[bo wrote:']gerpho, I don't understand French, so could you explain how do you do those aerial panoramas? If you don't want to post in this topic, an email/private message will do. Thanks in advance!

Well, if you're talking about the aerial panoramas on my website, the pictures are taken from a helicopter. I ask the pilot to stay at the same place, and simultaneously make a 360° rotation (he's a very good pilot by the way, this can be dangerous) ; during this, I take pictures at a steady rate. Of course, this is never perfect, so that both altitude and position change slightly, and that induces slight changes in perspective. Once back on the ground, I stitch with autopano ;when the stitching isn't good enough due to drift in position, I make the necessary corrections with photoshop (and this takes a lot of time). The flash rendering (like this one : http://pagesperso-orange.fr/gerpho.com/Panorama_Loire.swf provides an impression similar to what you feel looking at these landscapes from a helicopter.. which is a great pleasure.

Liked in: 0 post

by [bo] » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:39 am

Thanks! You have amazing panos, but using a helicopter explains everything :) This is way too expensive for me, so I have to settle for small, lower quality, partial panos, shot remotely from a kite or balloon. Respect for your work!
Some of my panoramas, posted in the Autopano Pro flickr group.

Return to Archive