Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Auto rotation in APT
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:46 pm 

Hi

Firstly i would like to congratulate on a fantastic up and comeing product!

I was wondering if there is any way to enable a panorama to auto rotate through a full 360 horizontal motion or auto rotate from point to point, and secondly, to auto rotate to a hotspot and then activate and move through the hotspot without any user mouse interaction ?

many thanx again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:50 am 
Administrator

Hi,
Autorotation will not be in the fisrt release.
For next versions, we are thinking about a global graphic template (text, animation, menu...) this kind of feature will have his place here.
For the second demand, I don't really see the comportment. May be you have an example...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:13 am 

renan wrote:
Hi,
Autorotation will not be in the fisrt release.
For next versions, we are thinking about a global graphic template (text, animation, menu...) this kind of feature will have his place here.
For the second demand, I don't really see the comportment. May be you have an example...

Because then you could have a fully automated tour - moving within and between panos from view to view in a timed manner without user interaction, but perhaps with opportunity for user override.

It is something I asked about previously.

AFAIK no alternative GUI virtual tour product yet offers this although I expect it can be done with hand coded XML.

It would be partcularly interesting for gigapixel panos I think because it's not every user who wishes to spend ages manually interacting witha pano to see the interesting parts. Couple it with a synched voiceover, music and other effects and you have a new sort of Flash pano-based multimedia experience.

The Gigapan viewer snapshot feature goes some way towards this - and is interesting (and fun) because it allows users to determine what views they think may interest others.

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:23 pm 

I believe that the ability to auto-rotate is essential.
For smaller physical sized tours embedded in a website, if there is no movement many website users will not realise that there is anything more than just a still image there.

The same applies for the ability to move from scene to scene without user interaction. Many users, especially older users, will not realise that they can interact with the flash file, especially if they have never encountered a virtual tour before.

Last edited by PortugalPano on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:59 pm 

PortugalPano wrote:
I believe that the ability to auto-rotate is essential.
For smaller physical sized tours embedded in a website, if there is no movement many website users will not realise that there is anything more than just a still image there.

The same applies for the ability to move from scene to scene without user interaction. Many users, especially older users, will not realise that they can interact with the flash file, especially if they have never encountered a virtual tour before.

I agree that these are very desirable features.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:22 pm 
Administrator

Ok,
You gad it !
We will add a flag for auto-rotation.
For advanced motion scenario, it's another thing... Will see for which version it will be ;)
Renan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:22 am 

Thank you very much for including the auto-rotate function in the latest RC. It works well and the acceleration is smooth.

I look forward to the ability to auto-move from scene to scene in a future version :)