Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Hello ;-)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:40 pm 

Hello,

I'm Klaus, the developer of the krpano Flash Panorama Viewer - http://www.krpano.com
I just want to say hello ;-)

Kolor and I have signed together an agreement to collaborate on the development of a flash based panorama viewer which is directly integrated into the next Autopano v2.0 series.

The new Autopano will be able to output direct to flash. It will be very simple to handle. You don't have to create/edit any xml file or handle with image files. It will generate just one single flash file where everything is embedded, that's all - easy to use!
But therefore not all features from krpano viewer are available - e.g. the fisheye and the multiresolution view for the moment. For these features and the interface to the xml the standalone version of the viewer is needed - available directly on http://www.krpano.com.

Alexandre offered me to use this sub-forum here as offical english support forum for the krpano viewer.
Thank you!

best regards,
Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:58 am 

Hi Klaus, welcome.

Your krpano looks very impressive. I was wondering if the flashpanos generated with APP are compatible with these xml files to add the extra features from krpano? Do we have to buy a seperate license for krpano when you want to embed them in a website or to use the extra features of krpano?

Best regards,
Ronald Tichelaar

Fujifilm S5 Pro, Nikon D300, NodalNinja 3mk2, Sigma 10mm f/2.8 fisheye HSM,
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX HSM, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8 EX HSM, Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX HSM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:04 am 
Administrator

Thanks Klaus for this introduction.

We are really pleased that you have joined our community and I really insist on the fact that Kolor will invest a lot to support KRPano as a standalone tool but also in direct support output of swf flash into autopano 2.
Yes, Ronald, KRPano is impressive and the background code is also impressive. Currently, we are integrating a first quick flash export into app, and already we can see that it is a really good product.

The flash panorama generated by APP will not be totally compatible with those with KRPano. Autopano generated swf won't have any domain limitation. In standalone KRPano, there can be some limitation. So to protect the standalone version, compatibility will not be total.
Nevertheless, we will design everything so that people that want to make the move from APP generated flash to KRPano standalone flash to be straightforward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:35 pm 

Hi Klaus!

Fine Program it seems to be . . . i just hope you don´t foget us Mac-users . . . :P:cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:34 pm 

Hi Klaus,

KRpano looks like a great viewer! But some of the documentation is in German, and I only have a few words of that language. (Ein Bier, bitte, zwie Bier bitte, and so on :) )

How does the multiresolution feature work? I like the way zoomify and HDview do it, with a pyramid of image tiles, and when you zoom, new levels of the pyramid are displayed. KRpano seems to load an overview image, then the most detailed image with no intermediate steps. Is this correct?

Also, is there any "adaptive tone adjustment" applied like in HDview? HDview allows a strong, weak or no tone adjustment so if you zoom on darker areas of the pano they are brightened, and brighter areas are darkened--sort of an auto levels command on the displayed portion of the pano, or an "AGC" on the video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:30 pm 

AlexandreJ wrote:
Thanks Klaus for this introduction.

We are really pleased that you have joined our community and I really insist on the fact that Kolor will invest a lot to support KRPano as a standalone tool but also in direct support output of swf flash into autopano 2.
Yes, Ronald, KRPano is impressive and the background code is also impressive. Currently, we are integrating a first quick flash export into app, and already we can see that it is a really good product.

The flash panorama generated by APP will not be totally compatible with those with KRPano. Autopano generated swf won't have any domain limitation. In standalone KRPano, there can be some limitation. So to protect the standalone version, compatibility will not be total.
Nevertheless, we will design everything so that people that want to make the move from APP generated flash to KRPano standalone flash to be straightforward.

Alexandre/Klaus

The multi-resolution features of KRPano are perhaps the most exciting and unique(?) features of this player so it is a bit disappointng to learn that multi-resoultion support will not be a feature of APP V2's integrated KRPano output capabability.

Alexandre

can you say any more about what you have in mind when you say:
"Nevertheless, we will design everything so that people that want to make the move from APP generated flash to KRPano standalone flash to be straightforward"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:10 pm 

Hi Klaus...

This is a great news ! Your viewer looks great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:16 pm 

I have never hand-coded a Web page from scratch and never intend to.

Likewise I'm unlikely to be willing to hand-code an XML pano viewer control file from scratch either and I don't suppose I am alone amongst pano shooters in taking this stance. As they say it's hard for old dogs to learn new tricks.

As it stands KRPano is wonderful in terms of what it can do, by far the most interesting of the current crop of Flash pano viewers, but just not a tool for 'the rest of us'.

It seems to me that as it is now KRPano is a tool for engineers and not for photographers - as Alexandre once said of PTGui when compared to APP.

I don't mind doing a little editing of machine generated code but I prefer to use tools (GUI orientated) that do the bulk of the work, like the tools I use for Web page authoring.

Might the form of integration of KRPano output in APP V2 one day provide this sort of help with the XML code writing?

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:48 am 
Administrator

mediavets wrote:
Might the form of integration of KRPano output in APP V2 one day provide this sort of help with the XML code writing?

Definitively. That's APP spirit in fact.
How we see KRPano integration :
- a new button in the panorama editor. This button lets you edit hotspots and lensflare directly on the preview.
- in the rendering dialog box, choose swf as output format ( this format will have some new options other format don't have )
- render. It's done.

The output will be a generated SWF with everything inside itself for this panorama ( that means the xml description file). Input images ( cube face or spherical images ), could be put embedded in the swf too or be external to the flash ( for gigapixel display which will not fit into the swf ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:13 am 

I think most of us undertake some sticthed image post-processing after rendering at minimum some sharpening.

If we output direct to SWF we would not be able to do that.

My current workflow is stitch and render with APP, post-process stitched/rendered pano image with image editor, convert post-processed image using Pano2VR to QTVR and/or Flash formats.

I sense that perhaps this integration of output directly for KRPano player may not in fact be as useful for me as I had initially imagined.

But then perhaps I have failed to understand (not unusual) what Alexandre is saying when he says:

"The output will be a generated SWF with everything inside itself for this panorama ( that means the xml description file). Input images ( cube face or spherical images ), could be put embedded in the swf too or be external to the flash ( for gigapixel display which will not fit into the swf )."

If the XML is 'hidden' in the SWF then I find it hard to envisage how one could then 'transition' to incorporating features only supported by stand-alone KRPano. I think I had imagined that APP would generate a XML file that one could edit perhaps. But maybe that's a stupid notion.

But I have faith that Alexandre and Klaus know what they are doing and that the result will be good and 'in the spirit of APP'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:52 am 

I'm looking forward to the ability to export directly to swf.

I'll also second the comment about usually doing some additional processing on the completed pano... so it would be nice to be able to do the export after that is completed.

I'll also add these two...
- support for cylindrical panos
- ability to specify swf dimensions (while keeping ability to show fullscreen)

The last one would make it easier (I think) to embed the swf into other online sites / tools... thus making it easier to share our work.

I'd be glad to volunteer for any alpha / beta testing.

Graydon