Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:56 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:41 pm 

Hi,

Can I still buy and use KRPano for Autopano Tour 1.1 beta 11 (which I still have) to give me higher resolution pano's? Another question, the panoramas list box is greyed out, does that become enabled with krpano? I also can't see any option for adding zenith or nadir images. Any help would be most appreciated..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:48 pm 

Ben Robinson wrote:
Hi,

Can I still buy and use KRPano for Autopano Tour 1.1 beta 11 (which I still have) to give me higher resolution pano's?

Do you have a licence for Autopano Giga V2.0.9? If so, then yes you could do that; you'd have to purchase the krpano licence from the krpano licnce web site because Kolor no longer offer the krpano licence from their web shop.

On the other hand if you have a licence for Autopano Giga and you purchased it before the final release of V2.5 of Autopano Giga and you also have a krpano licence then you will be entitled to a free licence key for Panotour Pro 1.5. If you don't also have the krpano licnce then you will be entitled to a free licence key for Panotour (non-Pro).

Quote:
Another question, the panoramas list box is greyed out, does that become enabled with krpano?

Yes, the feature you mention is termed the combobox.swf (see screenshot 1).

Quote:
I also can't see any option for adding zenith or nadir images. Any help would be most appreciated..

If your pano image has a 360x180 field of view then you will see the option to add a nadir 'cap' image (see screenshot 2).

If instead what you seek to do is to limit the view offered to the user to avoid seeing a 'hole' at the nadir or zenith then you can use the virtual crop tool to set the viewing limits (see screenshot 3).

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:08 pm 

Andrew, many thanks! That was extremely helpful. I had understood that the free license for panotour was for the non pro version which is of course resolution limited still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:19 pm 

Ben Robinson wrote:
Andrew, many thanks! That was extremely helpful. I had understood that the free license for panotour was for the non pro version which is of course resolution limited still.

Yes, you are correct I had a 'senior moment' there - sorry (i've updated my post to correct it).

The free licence key offer works like this for users who purchased their APG licence before the final release of APG V2.5.

If you have a qualifying APG klicence then you can get a free key for Panotour (non-Pro).

If you have a qualifying APG licence AND a krpano licence then you can get a free licence key for Panotour Pro.

So if you have a qualifying APG licence (and only if) then it's worth purchasing a krpano licence as a lower cost way to obtaining a licence for Panotour Pro.

The resolution limit in Panotour (non-Pro) is set much higher than it is in Autopano Tour.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:24 pm 

I tried Autopano Tour with the krpano trial and didn't get any resolution gain in the project, do I need to reimport the pano's? The files are have far more resolution than the tour is allowing to zoom into without it going mushy.

Incidentally, I'm reading through your comments about the pricing anomolies elsewhere, I can only heartily agree...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 pm 

Ben Robinson wrote:
I tried Autopano Tour with the krpano trial and didn't get any resolution gain in the project, do I need to reimport the pano's? The files are have far more resolution than the tour is allowing to zoom into without it going mushy.

I'm not sure it will work with the trial krpano.

OTOH I wasn't aware that there was any special limitation on resolution with the trial version of Panotour Pro. So let's concentate on exploring why you are not obtaining the output resolution you expect with Panotour Pro.

Let's do that in this thread?:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t11465-trial-ptp

Quote:
Incidentally, I'm reading through your comments about the pricing anomolies elsewhere, I can only heartily agree...

That's Life....I don't think we'll persuade Kolor to have a change of heart on pricing.

So if you have a qualifying APG licence and you want Panotour Pro then the lowest cost route is to purchase a krpano licence then obtain the free key for Panotour Pro.

Last edited by mediavets on Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.