Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:43 pm 

hello, how can i use dose tool in a tour ?
do I need to import them ?
copy into folder ?
I have a license to krpano so way there is still demo version?
do I need a different download ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm 

asafmordechai wrote:
hello, how can i use dose tool in a tour ?
do I need to import them ?
copy into folder ?
I have a license to krpano so way there is still demo version?
do I need a different download ?

I'll try and explain the relatonships (as I understand them) between krpano, krpano tools, and Autopano Tour or Panotour.

Krpano is a Flash Panorama Viewer controlled with command files in XML format:
http://krpano.com/

krpano tools are "small but high performing Command line- / Terminal- / Shell- Tools to make Panoramas for the krpano Viewer (for Windows / Mac OS X / Linux)":
http://krpano.com/tools/

Autopano Tour and Panotour are GUI front-end/XML generators for krpano; they allow the users to create XML command files for the krpano Flash Panorama Viewer using a point-n-click GUI virtual tour authoring program rather than hand coding the command files.

The krpano features and functionalities that can be accessed/programmed via the Autopanno Tour and Panotour GUIs are a subset of the (most popular and commonly used) capabilities available in the krpano player for the production of virtual tours.

If you have Autopano Tour + a krpano licence, or Panotour Pro, the you can externalise the XML command files generated by these programs and can hand edit them to add additional functionality.

The documentation for krpano is to be found here:
http://krpano.com/docu/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:05 pm 

OK, so if I wont to ad the map tool into panorama I need to wright the command line ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:16 pm 

asafmordechai wrote:
OK, so if I wont to ad the map tool into panorama I need to wright the command line ?

PanoTourPro cam add a map - previous versions could do also. In which way it´s to be done and what´s possible is another question . . :cool:

best, Klaus

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:20 pm 

asafmordechai wrote:

You do not (yet) seem to understand it.

Think of Autopano Tour and Panotur as being conceptually somewhat similar to those graphical/WYSIWYG web page authoring tools (such as Dreamweaver, or Expression Web and so on) that generate HTML code via a point-n-click GUI authoring program; but rather than generate HTML Autopano Tour and Panotour generate commands (in XML format) for the krpano Flash Panorama Viewer.

There is no such thing as a 'map tool' - it's just a set of commands. Take a look at the code used for the examples you showed in your screenshot, or the code generated by Autopano Tour/Panotour, to get some sort of 'feel' for it.

Autopano Tour and Panotour provide a Map feature.

If this meets your needs then that's the easy way to go.

If it doesn't you'll need to edit the XML files generated by Autopano Tour or Panotour Pro.

Last edited by mediavets on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:08 am 

where/how can I fined that :

Last edited by asafmordechai on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:31 am 

asafmordechai wrote:
where/how can I fined that :

I hope you are using the latest version of Autopano Tour, or the latest version of Panotour?:
http://www.autopano.net/wiki-en/Lastest_Beta#Beta_versions

Screenshots show how to find the map feature in Autopano Tour V 1.1. beta 11 and Panotour Pro 1.5 beta 1.

Select the image you wish to use as a map.

Then add hotspots to it just as you would with a pano image.

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:03 am 

yes it is very close to the final idea that i have.

i understand that i don't understand the "krpano Flash Panorama Viewer" relationship.

but i am on the way.

2 days ago i didnt know what krpano is ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:13 am 

asafmordechai wrote:

Good - the trade-off is (always) going to be between quick-n-easy (in this case, creating the map navigation via the APT/PTP GUI) and incorporation of additional features which will require learning of krpano commands and command syntax and hand editing XML command files.

There is currently a further potential 'downside' to adding features by editing the XML files produced by APT/PTP.

If you re-export the tour after editing the XML files then either your edited XML files will be overwritten and you'll lose all your customisation, or you will save under another name and have to add your customised code all over again.

The only exceptions to this are if you can incorporate your custom code by editing the template files, but of course if you do this the customising will be applied to all tours created using those modified templates.

Quote:
i understand that i don't understand the "krpano Flash Panorama Viewer" relationship.

but i am on the way.

2 days ago i didnt know what krpano is ...

It took me a while to get my head around it in the beginning too. And I'm still very much in learning mode.

But without the development of Autopano Tour and now Panotour I doubt I'd ever have managed to get to grips with krpano at all. I am not a programmer and, although I greatly admire those with such talents, I have never aspired to be one. Instead I lobby for more features to be added to APT and PTP.;)

Last edited by mediavets on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:36 am 

i AGREE.
I can use my camera very well ...
but programing is a different school.
I do hope that autopano will take more steps in to the costuming of the product, it will be a very good idea.
i think of so mach that I can do whit that program but i fined that i limit my self.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:51 am 

asafmordechai wrote:

Here's a post where I suggested some enhancements to the map feature:
http://www.autopano.net/forum/t10080-some-thoughts-about-enhancing-the-map-feature