Playing a video in a tour - how?  

Share your tips and tricks here or get help with any Autopano Tour problem!
No bug reports (of any kind) in this forum!
no avatar
frank007
Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:21 am

Playing a video in a tour - how?

by frank007 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:45 am

I was shown on Photokina an example that I can insert a video. for example in a living room there is a TV and there is running a tv-show.

As I can remember, I have to add a polygon around the TV screen and insert an objekt. But how can I do it that the TV is already on and showing a movie or tv show? I only found a possibility that I have to click on the TV and then the Movie is popping up.

I hope that you understand what I mean...

thank you and best regards
Frank

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14268
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

by mediavets » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:32 am

frank007 wrote:I was shown on Photokina an example that I can insert a video. for example in a living room there is a TV and there is running a tv-show.

As I can remember, I have to add a polygon around the TV screen and insert an objekt. But how can I do it that the TV is already on and showing a movie or tv show? I only found a possibility that I have to click on the TV and then the Movie is popping up.

I hope that you understand what I mean...

thank you and best regards
Frank

Draw a rectangular hotspot on the TV where you wisht to display the video.

Then select the video you wish to display in Hotspor Properties/Display/Object.


Last edited by mediavets on Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:09 am

mediavets wrote:Then select the video you wish to display in Hotspor Properties/Display/Object.

That´s great - but did you try it? The video is completely distorted - it fits into a polygon without proportional scaling . . and is turned 90°.
I didn´t find how to correct it.

Editing a rectangular or a polygon doesn´t let me delete it - usually i hit "ctrl" on a Mac and i can delete a hotspot.

best, Klaus
Last edited by klausesser on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14268
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

by mediavets » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:33 am

klausesser wrote:Editing a rectangular or a polygon doesn´t let me delete it - usually i hit "ctrl" on a Mac and i can delete a hotspot.

best, Klaus

To delete hotspots - on Windows anyway:

1. In the project panel right-click on the hotspot and choose 'delete hotspot(s)' - see screenshot 1.

2. In the Hotspot Editor click on the 'Select' icon (leftmost) then right-click on the hotspot and choose 'delete hotspot(s)' - see screenshot 2.




Last edited by mediavets on Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14268
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

by mediavets » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:45 am

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:Then select the video you wish to display in Hotspor Properties/Display/Object.

That´s great - but did you try it? The video is completely distorted - it fits into a polygon without proportional scaling . . and is turned 90°.
I didn´t find how to correct it.
best, Klaus

Errr... seems alright when I try it.




Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi Andrew!

Do you define a polygon or a rectangle?

best, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14268
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

by mediavets » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:33 pm

klausesser wrote:Hi Andrew!

Do you define a polygon or a rectangle?

best, Klaus

A rectangular hotspot.

You cannot specify a Display/Object file for a polygon hotspot.
Last edited by mediavets on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:36 pm

mediavets wrote:You cannot specify a Display/Object file for a polygon hotspot.

Yep - didn´t think about that . . . (you can - but it´s . . it´s useless :cool: )

best to you, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
mediavets
Moderator
 
Posts: 14268
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:12 pm
Location: Isleham, Cambridgeshire, UK.

by mediavets » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:41 pm

klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:You cannot specify a Display/Object file for a polygon hotspot.

Yep - didn´t think about that . . . (you can - but it´s . . it´s useless :cool: )

best to you, Klaus

You can specify a Link/Object but not a Display/Object for polygon hotspots. The latter option doesn't exist for polygon hotspots, at least not in my Windows 32-bit APT V1.1 b11 nor PTP V1.5 b1 versions.
Andrew Stephens
Many different Nodal Ninja and Agnos pano heads. Merlin/Panogear mount with Papywizard on Nokia Internet tablets.
Nikon D5100 and D40, Sigma 8mm f3.5 FE, Nikon 10.5mm FE, 35mm, 50mm, 18-55mm, 70-210mm. Promote control.

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:04 pm

mediavets wrote:
klausesser wrote:
mediavets wrote:You cannot specify a Display/Object file for a polygon hotspot.

Yep - didn´t think about that . . . (you can - but it´s . . it´s useless :cool: )

best to you, Klaus

You can specify a Link/Object but not a Display/Object for polygon hotspots. The latter option doesn't exist for polygon hotspots, at least not in my Windows 32-bit APT V1.1 b11 nor PTP V1.5 b1 versions.

Hi Andrew!

Surprisingly i worked in a polygon indeed. But was completely distorted. On my MacBook Pro it didn´t work in a rectangular shape - i´m just going to try it on my stationary MacPro. Will report my success (i hope) here.

best, Klaus

P.S.: works great! :cool: Thanks again!
Last edited by klausesser on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel

no avatar
frank007
Member
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:21 am

by frank007 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:17 pm

Thank you. I understood it. But you have to draw the rectangular shape clockwise, starting on the top left !!!

@Klaus: Wenn Du das Rechteck aufziehst, dann achte streng darauf, dass Du OBEN links anfà¤ngst, dann nach rechts oben, dann rechts unten, dann nach links. Dann schlieàŸen! Sonst wird es verkehrt gezeigt!

no avatar
yves360
Member
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:47 pm

by yves360 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:37 am

It works now! Merci!

no avatar
klausesser
Member
 
Posts: 7882
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 12:18 am
Location: Duesseldorf, Germany

by klausesser » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:55 pm

frank007 wrote:Thank you. I understood it. But you have to draw the rectangular shape clockwise, starting on the top left !!!

@Klaus: Wenn Du das Rechteck aufziehst, dann achte streng darauf, dass Du OBEN links anfà¤ngst, dann nach rechts oben, dann rechts unten, dann nach links. Dann schlieàŸen! Sonst wird es verkehrt gezeigt!

OHA!! Guter Hinweis!! :cool:
Auf DIE Idee, daàŸ das orientierungsmà¤àŸig für das Movie zusammenhà¤ngt bin ich noch nicht gekommen - ich mach das meist so, wie´s kommt.
Danke Dir!

GruàŸ, Klaus
Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance. Coco Chanel


Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests