Image-stitching and virtual tour solutions My account Updates
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:17 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:29 am 

hello from germany.

i have the new panotour pro 1.5 beta and it works fine for me. but there are two questions...

- i would like to implement a map /floorplan. as i understand i have to insert this as a jpg. but how do i place hotspots to this map?

then i would like to show an explanation text. as i come from tourweaver there is a function "add textarea". is there someting similar?

thank you and best regards
frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:47 am 

frank007 wrote:
hello from germany.

i have the new panotour pro 1.5 beta and it works fine for me. but there are two questions...

- i would like to implement a map /floorplan. as i understand i have to insert this as a jpg. but how do i place hotspots to this map?

Welcome to the forum...

First select the image you wish to use as map image via Project properties/Plugin/Map and add it to the project panel along with the other images you wish to use in the tour.

Then you select the Map image and add hotspots to the Map image in the Hotspot Editor panel just like adding hotspots to pano images - see screenshot below.

Quote:
then i would like to show an explanation text. as i come from tourweaver there is a function "add textarea". is there something similar?

thank you and best regards
frank

If you mean a short text string displayed when hovering over a hotspot then that is specfied as the Display/Info bubble (weird name, used to be termed a Tooltip) in the Hotspot properties dialogue for a hotspot.

If you mean a text 'box' displayed after clicking on a hotspot in a pano then probably the easiest way of implementing a similar effect would be to make a graphic image of the text and select that as a Link/Object for the hotspot - Panotour respects transparency in image formats that suppoert transparency. Or perhaps Link/HTML would offer what you are looking for.

If you mean you want a Help display image (invoked by a button on the Navigation bar) then you'll find that feature under Project properties/Appearance.

If you want a Splash screen image that is displayed when the tour loads initially then you'll find that feature under Project properties/Behaviour.

You may be referring to something else altogether. If so, perhaps you can post a screenshot of the sort of thing you can do in Tourweaver that you wish to emulate in Panotour so I can better understand what it is you wish to achieve.

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:07 pm 

hello mediavets,

thanks so much. in reference of the text area I made a screenshot of a tour made by tourweaver. here i am free to show a textarea which can change depending to the pano. YXOu see it on the picture on the buttom of the tourwindow. i made it with a 75 % transparent white color.

thank you with a map. that helped me alot. it works. but can i implement a button like "open /close map"?

greetings
frank

Last edited by frank007 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:31 pm 

frank007 wrote:
. here i am free to show a textarea which can change depending to the pano. YXOu see it on the picture on the buttom of the tourwindow. i made it with a 75 % transparent white color.

greetings
frank

Frank,

Do you refer to that strip below the navigation button bar and above the thumbnails?

Hmmmm.......I don't know of anyway of reproducing that effect from within Panotour but I'm sure it could be done by editing the XML files that Panotour Pro generates.

A brief look at the video tutorials offered by easypano for Tourweaver tells me that Tourweaver appears to offer rather more features than Panotour does at this stage if its developement. Tourweaver also seems to have a sort of WYSIWYG 'skin' editor approach to designing the UI for a tour, not unlike the Skin Editor found in Pano2VR. Panotour doesn't have/share this sort of approach to authoring VTs.

May I ask why you are considering the use of Panotour if you are already using Tourweaver? Are there aspects of Tourweaver than you are not satisfied with?

Merlin/Orion robotic pano head + Papywizard on Nokia 770/N800/N810 and Windows 8/XP/2K.

Last edited by mediavets on Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:37 pm 

hi, yes I refer to the white strip above the thumbnails. this is where the text "groàŸer saal" is to find.

your question why i change from tourweaver is easy to answer. it has still a lot of bugs. and the upgrade to the new tw6 is very expensive. and: i would like to use the krpano player now. with little planet start etc. i saw a lot of great virtual tours made with the krpano. so i expect to do nearly that with this software here. next argument : using it for ipad tours (maybe in the nearer future!!)

greetings
frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:25 pm 

Hi Franck,
Just a question, did you make the navigation buttons yourself or did you download them somewhere? They look really cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:31 pm 

I made them by myself. Want that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:33 pm 

That's awesome! It looks really nice! No I'll try to make some myself maybe... I don't want to take your job ;) Do they glow normally when you roll the mouse over? Cause I tried once but the glowing effect was ugly...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:46 pm 

there is a roll over effect. Have a look here:

http://www.rundblick.eu/BMCULTURA/medio/start.html

best regards
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:58 pm 

Oh yeah they look really cool! I'll try one day. Good job! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:01 pm 

but not possible with Autopano Tour... grrrr..... :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:02 pm 

Yeah I noticed you used FPP...I'm sure some things are possible with ATP when you play around ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:06 pm 

I use Tourweaver so far, but I thought to change the program after talking to the Kolor people on photokina. But I am a little bit disappointed. some things were promised to me what is possible. and after buying the software I see that its not possible. the answers from kolor are still waiting. for days.... :-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:10 pm 

Ouch yeah sucks... but did you get good surprises too? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:15 pm 

I am sure that we will find solutions...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:06 pm 

frank007 wrote:
I use Tourweaver so far, but I thought to change the program after talking to the Kolor people on photokina. But I am a little bit disappointed. some things were promised to me what is possible. and after buying the software I see that its not possible. the answers from kolor are still waiting. for days.... :-(

Then perhaps you need to ask those questions again if they appear to have been overlooked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:10 pm 

As I said: I am sure that we will find solutions...